fiduciary

Author Topic: NB v3 Wiring Diagram, Need Help/Verification for Graflex 2.0 Build  (Read 4029 times)

Offline Warayn

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
Since I'm still waiting for NBv3 to come back in stock, and the fact that this is my first build I decided to go through Erv's User Manual for the NBv3 and do a wiring diagram based off of the information he provided.  If someone could help me verify or improve upon it that would be great!  I definitely wish to try the board.

Also, I need help placing the recharge port in the diagram.  I look at a video, and looked through Erv's user manual and I think I know where to put but not certain.  I'm also not sure if the LED for the crystal reveal (I'm going to make this one with Rick Ryo's 3D printed Chassis) is wired to the board or in line with the LEDs for the blade.  I'm gonna use a BLUE/BLUE/WHITE Tri Cree Xpe2 with FoC.  And I dont know what the resister values are.

Also Also, is there any way to wire the recharge port in such a manner that you don't have to use a kill key but instead wire it to the second "red button" on the Graflex 2.0?  The "red button" that you wouldnt be using for the activation.  I hope that makes sense.Thanks!

Attached is a picture of the wiring diagram I put together.

-War

http://imageshack.com/a/img907/590/xVWtFY.jpg

https://imageshack.com/i/p7xVWtFYj

Offline Padawan311

• Force User
  • MTFBWY
Re: NB v3 Wiring Diagram, Need Help/Verification for Graflex 2.0 Build
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 02:47:19 PM »
Thanks for doing this, I am also working on this for my first build. I am still gathering parts but I look forward to hearing what the more experienced people have to say.

Offline TrypWyr

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 02:52:57 PM »
Beautiful diagram!

This link should help with the recharge port: JediMasterTim's Wiring Diagram
Basically, the recharge port just goes between the battery and the board, and the port acts as a switch to open the circuit when the kill key or charger cable is inserted.

Resistors are calculated using the formula (from the manual): R = (Vsupply – Vled) / LedCurrent. So, (3.7 - 3.47) / 1 = 0.23 ohm resistor. That said, check out the "Drive Adjustment" section in the NB3 manual, page 21. You could technically use this technique and skip the resistor altogether.

As far as using a switch as a kill key, yes it's possible; however, said switch needs to be able to support the current coming from the battery. Regarding the red Graflex button, as they are received from TCSS/Korbanth they are set up to use a momentary switch, you would need a latching switch to act as a kill key. If I were to use this technique, I would put the latching switch on the negative leg between the recharge port and the board.

Offline Warayn

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 03:58:20 PM »
Beautiful diagram!

This link should help with the recharge port: JediMasterTim's Wiring Diagram
Basically, the recharge port just goes between the battery and the board, and the port acts as a switch to open the circuit when the kill key or charger cable is inserted.

Resistors are calculated using the formula (from the manual): R = (Vsupply – Vled) / LedCurrent. So, (3.7 - 3.47) / 1 = 0.23 ohm resistor. That said, check out the "Drive Adjustment" section in the NB3 manual, page 21. You could technically use this technique and skip the resistor altogether.

As far as using a switch as a kill key, yes it's possible; however, said switch needs to be able to support the current coming from the battery. Regarding the red Graflex button, as they are received from TCSS/Korbanth they are set up to use a momentary switch, you would need a latching switch to act as a kill key. If I were to use this technique, I would put the latching switch on the negative leg between the recharge port and the board.

Thanks! I really like the idea of using the second button as a kill key, I've tried to look for some online but not sure if I'm using the right measurements. Do you know of/find a latching switch that would fit?

Offline t_hac

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 05:43:33 PM »
Very nice diag! I am also excited to try and get my hands on a V3 when they are released. Hopefully soon!

Offline Snakeplinsky

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 06:07:28 AM »
Also for me is the first build, I made this diagram (I do not know if it is correct).
I think that you can remove the resitor on the foc.

Offline oneeyedgiant

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 05:38:18 PM »
NB3.0 are available as of 19:38 CST 2/2/16.  I just got mine!

Offline Dracku

• No Force
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 08:25:09 AM »
Below is a diagram I put together for the NBv3. I am hoping that someone will take a look and see if everything looks correct. I am also curious if I need a separate resistor for the Blue and RBlue or if I can have the + going to a single resistor and then a separate lead going to each LED after the resistor. Thank you for any assistance.

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r574/proctor_t/NBv3%20Wiring%20JPG_zpsl88es3ga.jpg [nofollow]

Erv, has already responded to the layout of the diagram and said it looks like it should work, so I am comfortable with the layout. Anyone want to comment on the resistor aspect and if I screwed any of that up?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 11:49:48 AM by Dracku »

Offline TechMiller

• Padawan Learner
  • With you the Force is...
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 11:56:31 AM »
In regards to the FoC resistor, you may find after testing that you want to increase the resistor used for FoC. It's possible that a white LED may over power your color. If you find it does you should be able to add more resistance to decrease the brightness. As

That being said, I have not personally set up my NB V3 yet to know how it will look. And it's a personal preference anyway.

Offline Gallandro

• No Force
  • An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 03:16:00 AM »
Below is a diagram I put together for the NBv3. I am hoping that someone will take a look and see if everything looks correct. I am also curious if I need a separate resistor for the Blue and RBlue or if I can have the + going to a single resistor and then a separate lead going to each LED after the resistor. Thank you for any assistance.

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r574/proctor_t/NBv3%20Wiring%20JPG_zpsl88es3ga.jpg

Erv, has already responded to the layout of the diagram and said it looks like it should work, so I am comfortable with the layout. Anyone want to comment on the resistor aspect and if I screwed any of that up?

Thanks!

I'm bumping this, because this is one of the best wiring diagrams I've seen for the NBv3.  It's easy to read for non electro-geeks, and it actually contains resistor values and the reasoning behind them.  Amazing!!

Offline Dracku

• No Force
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 10:15:19 AM »
Thanks Gallandro. Seems like it has been forever since I posted that up.

retrousse