fiduciary

Author Topic: LIGHTSABER Obi-Wan Kenobi ANH- PROP REPLICA-FINISHED  (Read 43498 times)

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
Re: LIGHTSABER Obi-Wan Kenobi ANH- PROP REPLICA.
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2010, 07:49:48 AM »
Also RussRep from the RPF is finishing up a run of the most accurate Armitage Shanks (AS) hand-wheel.. You might still be able to get one of those... And after that run ships he will be starting new threads for the grenade /wind vane and the emitter.... They will be offered in steel and aluminium versions... after that he will continue with runs of all the other parts... all though I don't know in which order... If you get in on these runs you can build the most accurate Obi 4 out there short of an all original...
I'd like an AS hand-wheel. Any contact info?

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2010, 03:06:13 PM »
This guy is selling his RussRep... everything you need but the clamp and the pommel for 300 shipped...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=82764

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3780477&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#3780477

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
  • Que nunca muera el niño que llevamos adentro...
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2010, 03:10:18 PM »
Also RussRep from the RPF is finishing up a run of the most accurate Armitage Shanks (AS) hand-wheel.. You might still be able to get one of those... And after that run ships he will be starting new threads for the grenade /wind vane and the emitter.... They will be offered in steel and aluminium versions... after that he will continue with runs of all the other parts... all though I don't know in which order... If you get in on these runs you can build the most accurate Obi 4 out there short of an all original...
I'd like an AS hand-wheel. Any contact info?

This guy is selling his RussRep... everything you need but the clamp and the pommel for 300 shipped...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=82764

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3780477&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#3780477

Thanks Ki for the info.
Jasher, you can see this link that RussRep send me.
http://www.rbreplicas.com/index.php
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 03:45:11 PM by Gabywan »

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2010, 05:05:45 PM »
This is almost like a treasure hunt!!

I cannot wait to see it completed.

Me neither! Gaby is always paying close attention to detail on every project that he does.

Gaby, I am very much looking forward to more and more updates!  :)

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2010, 11:53:07 PM »
This is almost like a treasure hunt!!

I cannot wait to see it completed.

Me neither! Gaby is always paying close attention to detail on every project that he does.

Gaby, I am very much looking forward to more and more updates!  :)

Thanks for your words my friend!! :D

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2010, 09:17:52 AM »
No replika's on this hilt, just the real stuff, I like it.
It's like a treasure hunt indeed.

I'm following this with great interrest.
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2010, 08:34:16 PM »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

yes my friend, I make sure you that it is a difficult treasure hunt . :-\

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2010, 09:21:09 PM »
I am sure that the majority of you know about this but perhaps some people  not as me till now.
I realized a little investigation about the grenade and I wanted to share it with you,

The majority of the parts are British, this is because the first movie was realized mostly in this country. In those days there was no the technology that exists today, today to realize the props is used lathe Control Numeric, and different technology. In 1976/77 the creators of the movie used pieces of rejected, Part sofsw show us some parts of this lightsaber. 

http://www.partsofsw.com/bensab.htm

Since you can imagine the most difficult part it is the grenade and emitter.
The used one was WWI British Rifle Grenade No.3 Mk.1:

you can see also that for example Part sofsw use to replace WWI British Rifle Grenade No.3 Mk.1 for No. 20 Mk. 1 Grenade this is very similar but with some great difference it have not the windvane:

the windvane rotates in flight and screws down to release two small pins that fall out and arm the grenade in flight. Part of the safety mechanism.
The No3 MKI had a short life was because of the complexity of it. The factories at the time couldn't produce the complex grenades quick enough. It was eventually brought back as the Number 20 with a much simpler working.

This is the motive for which there is few No3 MKI, investigating moreover I have found a grenade very similar to the MKI No3, this one it is the No3 MKII, is like MKI. Mk1 and 2 differ by the shape of the brass base,It was changed to give better airflow to the wind vane.
This is the MKII No3 grenade:

Is fine ;) and is more accurate than No20 because it have the windvane.
I am realizing a search in the web for a grenade MKI or MKII. I hope to be lucky.
Gaby.

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2010, 09:43:39 PM »
Nice reference pics, Gaby...were you able to purchase one yet, or just found some leads on some?

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2010, 09:50:24 PM »
Nice reference pics, Gaby...were you able to purchase one yet, or just found some leads on some?
I have registered in forums about grenade, the pics from this forum. I found many info, very kind people also. I have managed to contact the interested people in sell me MKII .. I try to make business. ;D

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2010, 09:53:07 PM »
I have registered in forums about grenade, the pics from this forum. I found many info, very kind people also. I have managed to contact the interested people in sell me MKII .. I try to make business. ;D

Smart man...one of the cool things about this hobby is that people generally will bend over backwards to help another accomplish their dream saber. I am looking forward to seeing what you are able to acquire.

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2010, 09:56:48 PM »

Smart man...one of the cool things about this hobby is that people generally will bend over backwards to help another accomplish their dream saber. I am looking forward to seeing what you are able to acquire.

yes my friend is true, the majority is ready to help, but I have found some boys who were not very happy of that I realized a lightsaber with a piece of collection of them ... it is understandable.

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2010, 10:06:18 PM »

yes my friend is true, the majority is ready to help, but I have found some boys who were not very happy of that I realized a lightsaber with a piece of collection of them ... it is understandable.

Yes, there are those people, too. I know that when you look on a camera collector's swap meet, you should NEVER say that you want a Graflex to create a lightsaber...they take MAJOR offense to it and will not sell you one (or so I have heard, I have never experienced it)...and I can see the same with the grenade section. Just don't mention 'lightsaber' as much as "collector' and you should be fine.  ;)

Really now....those staunch collectors just need a hug. LOL
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:58:39 PM by caine drathul »

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2010, 10:25:55 PM »

Yes, there are those people, too. I know that when you look on a camera collector's swap meet, you should NEVER say that you want a Graflex to create a lightsaber...they take MAJOR offense to it and will not sell you one (or so I have head, I have never experienced it)...and I can see the same with the grenade section. Just don't mention 'lightsaber' as much as "collector' and you should be fine.  ;)

Really now....those staunch collectors just need a hug. LOL

it is true my friend, when I investigated about graflex I registered in Greflex forum ... they said to me 'you want destroy a piece of collection to make it a fool toy ' .. hahahaha, I did not know if to laugh or to take offence, it was comical, I chose to tell to him that a collector loves what it obtains and that surely this part for me was going to have more important that for you, also I said to him that it should not take it as an affront, they are objects, one day they are and other day not, one dies and does not have them any more, it is a hobby.. it is not the motive of happiness in the life, or I think that it must not be ... He send me excuses for PM and he sold to me a graflex, LOL
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:28:07 PM by Gabywan »

Offline Mersenne

• Master Force User
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2010, 02:01:55 AM »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

yes my friend, I make sure you that it is a difficult treasure hunt . :-\
Gabywan
I wish you great rewards in your searches for the complete Obi saber - that being all genuine parts.
I too have dreamed of finding these parts to make my own and so far all I have are the transistors and I suppose the Graflex clamp I could take from a spare 2 cell I have.
Mate, if you ever land getting the grenade section (and assoc pieces) and or the balance tube/pipe AND you can score another set, you know where your envious mates are and how to contact them right?

Oh and I have experienced first hand issues in aquiring Graflex's also, even on eBay, they contacted me after viewing my feedback profile and saw I had bought Star Wars items
it's all Elemental

retrousse