fiduciary

Author Topic: TCSS Powdercoating Prices/Colors  (Read 20712 times)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
Re: TCSS Powdercoating Prices/Colors
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2010, 08:44:59 AM »
I haven't seen anything that even looks like mauls on any custom site...

TCSS MHS Bladeholder #6 "even looks like" Mauls...unless you mean you want one EXACTLY like Mauls in which case you probably wont find one "on any custom site" because that wouldn't be a custom part that would be a REPLICA part.

Replica sabers and custom sabers are not the same thing...because smiths can make any number of custom parts they choose, but replicas are another matter entirely. Unca George OWNS the copyrighted designs of lightsabers used in the movies [and even the trademarked word "lightsaber" which is why sites are fx-sabers/the custom saber shop not fx-lightsaber/the custom lightsaber shop eh?] and therefore owns the design of all their major distinguishable parts [except perhaps for OT hilts which were made from preexisting camera flashes and other real-world parts] so smiths and shops can't just make as many replica parts as they want and 'stock' them on a regular-available basis.

Afterall Hasbro pays Unca George MILLION$ for the EXCLUSIVE right to make replicas so Unca George is contractually oblicated to protect that by defending his intellectual property...If smiths or TCSS made regular production of bladeholders that looked EXACTLY like Mauls the 'heavy-paper' turbolasers of Unca Georges army of legal-stormtroopers would soon embroil them in 'imperial entanglements' and soon there would be no CUSTOM parts for anyone...everybody loses.

So you wont likely see Maul replica emitters from custom smiths unless someone does a small run that flies 'under the radar' because it is too few to be a threat to Hasbro/LFL licensing and not worth the Empire crushing...or you get some smith to make a one/two-off for you which considering the complexity of that part(s) and the amount of time and math necessary to set up tooling or CNC for would probably cost you more than a whole Maul FX...you would probably be better to just stick with one of those and get a custom pc/paintjob if a Maul-ish BH #6 isnt close enough for your liking.

edit: Luminara beat me to it...I hate being a slow typist lol
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 08:52:07 AM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline DarkWalker

• Force User
  • I am the Ninja of the Saber world.
    • I have music on Newgrounds. Check me out ^^
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2010, 09:32:28 AM »
ok, i understand the whole lawsute thing from them. and the main body is nothing that can't be done, the emitter is the main thing i have been looking for. and i would get them PCed in a different colour so it would look alot different from a distance. then again i would fear the bigger powers at play. as we all should be. but thanks for the info i will have a look around. I have been sent to TCSS before by novastar so i could get some parts for a sink tube saber. there is a lot to think about when going to make one. anyways thank for the help everyone.

I make songs. Check out some of my work. click the link in my profile to find out. thanks.

join the dark side.
we have crazy dance parties.

---coverted By HB

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 09:57:10 AM »
Perhaps you could find someone selling a broken Maul or pulled-soundboard empty hilt cheap on EvilBay and cut off the emitter and 'sleeve' it over custom hilt parts if that is what you want...I've never tired that so cant say if it would work, just another idea that occured to me...good luck anyway with your builds.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline DarkWalker

• Force User
  • I am the Ninja of the Saber world.
    • I have music on Newgrounds. Check me out ^^
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 11:53:44 AM »
Perhaps you could find someone selling a broken Maul or pulled-soundboard empty hilt cheap on EvilBay and cut off the emitter and 'sleeve' it over custom hilt parts if that is what you want...I've never tired that so cant say if it would work, just another idea that occured to me...good luck anyway with your builds.

i was thinking about that but at this time i got one of thos $25 sabers from wal-mart and i have to find away of getting into it so i can get to the board. thus i can put it in one of my mauls and then use the maul board in a custom saber. lol. lots of work but i hope the out come is worth it. I will have a look around for a maul that is no longer working, but thos i think will be a little harder to find. But thanks again for the advice.

I make songs. Check out some of my work. click the link in my profile to find out. thanks.

join the dark side.
we have crazy dance parties.

---coverted By HB

retrousse