fiduciary

Author Topic: Civilized Sabers Product Discussion with JBKuma  (Read 582 times)

Offline EXAR KUN

• Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
Civilized Sabers Product Discussion with JBKuma
« on: January 26, 2021, 06:10:19 PM »
Jbkuma of the Mad Science Workshoppe and I have a discussion about custom lightsabers and the products and designs that it takes to make them:

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
Re: Civilized Sabers Product Discussion with JBKuma
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 06:53:18 PM »
Pretty sweet shoto and internals design. One alternative that might be an option is to use one of the switch/pixel adapter pcbs...I like these:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/856782474/combination-pixel-and-switch-pcb-set?ref=shop_home_feat_2&frs=1

Only suggest since it looks like the av switches drop down slightly into the inner tube...and your batt is just right up at the switch section.

Either way, can’t wait to see the results!

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 09:12:04 PM »
Thanks everyone who tuned in, and thank you to Anthony for having me on! It was a lot of fun!

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 09:13:23 PM »
Pretty sweet shoto and internals design. One alternative that might be an option is to use one of the switch/pixel adapter pcbs...I like these:

Only suggest since it looks like the av switches drop down slightly into the inner tube...and your batt is just right up at the switch section.

I've had some PCBs designed like that for a while.  I just like my connectors.  They work great and they are very robust.

As for the switch design, the details of how they will actually work just wasn't in the model I was showing.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 05:46:41 AM »
Aw man, it's a pity you guys did this at 2am on my side of the Atlantic, I would totally have joined in chat just for the KOTOR discussion.
Better late than never.

Offline EXAR KUN

• Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 02:00:14 PM »
Aw man, it's a pity you guys did this at 2am on my side of the Atlantic, I would totally have joined in chat just for the KOTOR discussion.

Really want to have you on! Let me know when is a good time let's do a show

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 07:42:34 PM »

I've had some PCBs designed like that for a while.  I just like my connectors.  They work great and they are very robust.

As for the switch design, the details of how they will actually work just wasn't in the model I was showing.

Look forward to seeing the actual connectors for the switch...definitely adds a new option for removable, which is always my goal.   Beyond my comment, the build looks awesome!

retrousse