fiduciary

Author Topic: OMG THIS is HAN SOLO! ( no spoilers discussion - like it - dislike it ?)  (Read 6920 times)

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY - Teaser Trailer - YouTube

This is incredible, you guys. I hope you all agree this looks like the best of the new movies. Ron Howard FTW!!!!

Offline Jediseth

• Force User
  • Jediseth sound fonts available at saberfont.com
Re: OMG THIS is HAN SOLO! ( no spoilers discussion - like it - dislike it ?)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:41:08 AM »
I truly hope it blows TLJ out of the water.

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 11:16:17 AM »
I don't believe anything Lucas shows us in trailers.

http://www.liveforfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/rogue-one-7.png

« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:18:19 AM by WEDGE ANTILLES »
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 11:33:03 AM »
I don't believe anything Lucas shows us in trailers.

http://www.liveforfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/rogue-one-7.png

The trailers were 100% scenes not that made the final cut of Rogue One.  Obviously we'll never see the version that got smashed to bits, but it would certainly be interesting to see it.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
It succeeded in every way The Last Jedi failed. 

Offline SharkyMcShark

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
I found this movie schizophrenic in tone and kind of boring. The cast were, surprisingly, quite decent.

This is easily the worst of the four new Star Wars films and it's kind of galling to go from a film six months ago that pushes the envelope in a lot of different ways to something as trad as this.

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
Can we chill with the spoilers or griping until people have had a chance to actually SEE the movie??

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline Greebles

• Formerly known as Codeweasel
  • Master Force User
  • “You must unlearn what you have learned.”

Agreed, Solo is a step the right direction. The Last Jedi had to be the worst Star Wars movie I had ever seen. TLJ was a bad movie in all counts.

-Denzil

Offline The Force Is Strong

• Force User
Can we chill with the spoilers or griping until people have had a chance to actually SEE the movie??

Discussing the movie when it comes out should be fine and not discouraged on this forum, but I think the title of the thread should give a Spoiler Alert Warning. Just my two cents since posts on this forum seem way down from the height of Star Wars Mania 2 years ago.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN

Discussing the movie when it comes out should be fine and not discouraged on this forum, but I think the title of the thread should give a Spoiler Alert Warning. Just my two cents since posts on this forum seem way down from the height of Star Wars Mania 2 years ago.

Well no spoilers in this thread quite yet, but I do agree We can definitely have a separate topic
for those who have seen it and want to weigh in on their thoughts :wink:

I haven't seen it yet  :embarrassed: as My Wife and I traditionally see the movies together but
she has been really sick lately  :cry: so I'll wait until we can go together. :azn:

I'm trying to avoid discussion on it until I can see it so definitely we want to warn people of spoilers :wink:

Offline The Force Is Strong

• Force User
YODA, all the best to you and hope your wife feels better. I am hoping to see the movie tomorrow mysel with my wife who is not a Star Wars fan. Hoping this kinda crossover can help her catch the big. Rouge One didn’t do it for her, but I think this one might.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
YODA, all the best to you and hope your wife feels better. I am hoping to see the movie tomorrow mysel with my wife who is not a Star Wars fan. Hoping this kinda crossover can help her catch the big. Rouge One didn’t do it for her, but I think this one might.

Thank you for that  :angel: She has been home the past couple weeks and was doing well enough that Sh
actually went back to work today (of all days of course) and its a holiday weekend on top of things so...

Not a problem as we will see it when its less crowded. :grin:

Modified this topic and added a new one to separate the spoiler / non spoiler discussion :cool:

Here is the temporary spoilers discussion topic if we need to use it
https://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?action=post;msg=664425;topic=53268.0

Once enough time has passed and it becomes redundant then we can combine that topic under this one
but just for the sake of people seeing it or not seeing it yet we will have the two topics available.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User

Agreed, Solo is a step the right direction. The Last Jedi had to be the worst Star Wars movie I had ever seen. TLJ was a bad movie in all counts.

-Denzil

This is encouraging to hear... I was questioning the cast but it seems to have been working out :afro:

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.

When movies I want to see get spoiled for me, I tend to start tossing thermal detonators around.... LOTS OF THERMAL DETONATORS.   :grin:

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
I went to see it yesterday and I loved it. Way to go Ron Howard!! :grin:

retrousse