fiduciary

Author Topic: How to make Arctic blue  (Read 2095 times)

Offline LSOK

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
How to make Arctic blue
« on: August 18, 2016, 09:22:54 PM »
How would you go about making arctic blue with a Tri-cree LED. Also could you make sky blue with Royal blue and white LED?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:49:51 PM by LSOK »

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
Re: How to make Arctic blue
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 09:50:47 PM »
Royal Blue, and Green, properly resistored.

Straight rB/G should yield a great arctic blue, and if you resistor the green ever so slightly, you will get closer to sky blue.

Of course, the best way to do it is with a color mixing board, like the Prizm, Spark2, CF, or Igniter. That would give you the most control over the mix and allow you to fine tune it to the perfect shade.

"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline LSOK

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 10:03:43 PM »
Thanks again :smiley:

Offline PhoenixJedi

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Phoenix Sabers
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 11:24:37 PM »
Standard cree blue IS arctic blue actually. Cree comes in two blues, Royal Blue and Blue.. Blue s much lighter than royal blue.

I'm the only saber smith ever mentioned in the NY Times: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=35163
My Sabers: Avenger & Defender (TCSS Pair), Ravager (SF Vanquish)
Check out my profile for my website, sound font samples and pictures of sabers i've built!
Note: All sales from me, once shipped, are final.

retrousse