fiduciary

Author Topic: Announcing the Teensy Saber open source sound board  (Read 91558 times)

Offline ShreddinPB

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Announcing the Teensy Saber open source sound board
« Reply #450 on: May 23, 2018, 12:46:57 AM »
Hey guys, I am trying to get a saber working and am running into a snag. I am using a teensy 3.2 with a prop shield, no sd card add on just the serial flash, the V1 setup. I want to use a neopixel blade so i tried using the config file "prop_shield_fastled_v1_config.h" ( i downloaded the most recent zip from the website 1.247) When I open the serial monitor I see a couple errors
SPI data conflict!
SPI clock conflict!

When I turn on the saber, those two errors just spam the serial monitor.
I tried looking at the troubleshooting page and googling and couldnt find anything on this.. anyone have any ideas?

Offline profezzorn

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • May the source be with you.
    • Hubbe's Corner
« Reply #451 on: May 23, 2018, 12:54:45 PM »
Hey guys, I am trying to get a saber working and am running into a snag. I am using a teensy 3.2 with a prop shield, no sd card add on just the serial flash, the V1 setup. I want to use a neopixel blade so i tried using the config file "prop_shield_fastled_v1_config.h" ( i downloaded the most recent zip from the website 1.247) When I open the serial monitor I see a couple errors
SPI data conflict!
SPI clock conflict!

When I turn on the saber, those two errors just spam the serial monitor.
I tried looking at the troubleshooting page and googling and couldnt find anything on this.. anyone have any ideas?

You probably don't want to use FastLED, change the blade configuration to something like:

{   7800, WS2811BladePtr<144, WS2811_ACTUALLY_800kHz | WS2811_GRB>(), CONFIGARRAY(presets) },

You may need to configure it some more to specify the right data and power control pin(s).

Offline Yeahkess

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello? Nice to meet you guys
    • https://www.facebook.com/yeahked?fref=photo
« Reply #452 on: May 30, 2018, 06:17:44 PM »
Want to buy Teensy board set 5-10 piece please leave your mail or contact me at yeahkess@gmail.com

thank you

The Teensy Saber is a light saber sound board based on a Teensy 3.2. The code is open source and the electronics is easy to build.
It has some unique features:

• neopixel support
  • 44/22/11khz Audio
  • touch button support
  • multiple blades with different presets for each
  • supports both monophonic and polyphonic sound fonts
  • can play background music with other sounds
  • lots of free pins that can be programmed to do other stuff

Of course, most of the standard features are there as well.

All instructions, including how to build the electronics, software downloads and graflex chassis models can be found here:

Teensy based lightsaber

Demo video

Questions, requests, or mindless rants can be posted on this thread, and I'll do my best to answer.
My name is Jaikal Thanawat SaberSmith LightsaberThailand
https://www.facebook.com/lightsaberthailand

Offline immilesahead

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #453 on: August 28, 2018, 03:36:33 PM »
I apologize if this has been covered before, but what are the specifications of the SD card for use with the V3 design? Is there a size limitation/preferred model/etc? Just ordering parts and couldn't find anything about it.

Offline profezzorn

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Hubbe's Corner
« Reply #454 on: August 28, 2018, 04:11:20 PM »
I apologize if this has been covered before, but what are the specifications of the SD card for use with the V3 design? Is there a size limitation/preferred model/etc? Just ordering parts and couldn't find anything about it.

Most SD cards should work. Don't get an off-brand cards as some are slow and can cause problems with the sound.
Anything 1-16 Gb is known to work, bigger probably works too, but I haven't really tested that.

Offline immilesahead

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #455 on: September 07, 2018, 03:03:21 PM »
I've got a V3 board built which was working, but now I'm getting a "motion failed" error, what can cause this?

Offline profezzorn

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Hubbe's Corner
« Reply #456 on: September 07, 2018, 03:33:54 PM »
Problems like these are fairly unusual, so I have to speculate a little in what could be wrong, but: Most likely cause is probably a cold/cracked/bad solder joint on one of the i2c pins. These are called SDA/SDL on the tensysaber pinout, or pin 18/19 on the teensy 3.2 pinout. There are a lot of other potential reasons. The solder joints under the motion chip can crack, the i2c pullup resistors can be damaged or pop off, there could be a short somewhere (Again, on the i2c pins)

retrousse