fiduciary

Author Topic: The Force Awakens Discussion Thread.. Warning.... SPOILERS!!!!  (Read 24633 times)

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
Re: The Force Awakens Discussion Thread.. Warning.... SPOILERS!!!!
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2016, 03:05:08 PM »
So is 'Attack of the first order' then.  :cheesy:

Offline ken

• Force User
  • in my experience there is no such thing as luck
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2016, 07:36:17 PM »
I just saw it and I give it a 0/10. Me, my mother and my sister just got back from seeing it and we all agree that it was horrible. Getting out of the theater I only had 3 things to say about it.

1. I set my expectations VERY low and did not expect to get a good movie, my expectations proved accurate to reality.
2. This is the worst butchery of a series I love since M Night Shaymalan's "The Last Airbender".
3. I miss George Lucas BAD.

Sounds like you sat down in the wrong theatre and watched a different movie to the rest of us :laugh:

haha probably watched the martian and though it was starwars 
http://

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2016, 03:55:40 PM »
Depending on whether Luke trains Rey and they attack the First Order or the First Order tracks down and attacks them it could be "Assault OF The Jedi" or "Assault ON The Jedi"?
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline ken

• Force User
  • in my experience there is no such thing as luck
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2016, 07:17:28 AM »
Depending on whether Luke trains Rey and they attack the First Order or the First Order tracks down and attacks them it could be "Assault OF The Jedi" or "Assault ON The Jedi"?
i like it!!!!
http://

Offline Jdubs

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2016, 07:52:34 PM »
I liked it, but inthink it may be better for newer fans.  I feel bad saying it but it really recycled some of the same story line of the originals. Still dont feel i wasted money seing it tho

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2016, 08:02:04 PM »
Still better than the last three.

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2016, 11:44:07 PM »
Still better than the last three.

Very true. GL set the bar low. ;)

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2016, 01:20:19 AM »
I just can't wait for the big Ep VIII reveal that Rey is a Palpatine and it blows everyones minds :lipsrsealed:

The context clues are all there:
-British accent (dumb i know, but in SW this denotes senatorial/imperial lineage)
-utilization of Juyo stabs similar to Palps in ROTS
-the disembodied voice saying "Kill him" in her head after defeating Ren, in the novelization (Palpatine's order to Anakin in regards to Dooku's fate in ROTS)
-lastly, the look in Luke's eyes when he sees her, showing not just reluctance to train her now, but a knowing look of failure and reluctance to train her in the past, likely out of fear.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 01:42:06 AM by KingOfDathomir »

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline TheSaberCore

• Force User
  • Every saber has a core.
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2016, 06:28:44 AM »
I just can't wait for the big Ep VIII reveal that Rey is a Palpatine and it blows everyones minds :lipsrsealed:
Nah, she's totally a new chosen one or Anakin reincarnated.

-Skilled mechanic and pilot without any real training? Check.
-Graflex calls to her and chooses her over Leia's son? Check.
Luke's reluctance to train her on fear she will become the new Vader? Check.
-The "kill him" in her head in the novel is the order Palpatine told Anakin? Check.
-Allows for a twist "I am your father" moment? Check.

I'm just worried they're going to keep Rey's identify a secret through VIII and we're going to have to wait two more years through all the theories and mysteries.
"Luke."

"The Belonging you seek is not behind you, it is ahead."

Offline anakin2000

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2016, 01:36:21 PM »
Nah, she's totally a new chosen one or Anakin reincarnated.

-Skilled mechanic and pilot without any real training? Check.
-Graflex calls to her and chooses her over Leia's son? Check.
Luke's reluctance to train her on fear she will become the new Vader? Check.
-The "kill him" in her head in the novel is the order Palpatine told Anakin? Check.
-Allows for a twist "I am your father" moment? Check.

I'm just worried they're going to keep Rey's identify a secret through VIII and we're going to have to wait two more years through all the theories and mysteries.
We're gonna find out this episode. Daisy Ridley said she already knows who they are, and I doubt they finished the script for IX yet so most likely in VIII

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2016, 01:06:52 PM »
I certainly hope that she isn't Palpatine or Anakin reincarnated.  Those ideas just come across as cheap fan fiction to me.

I think it would almost be more interesting if she had no relation to the Skywalkers even.  She was literally a nobody and came from nothing.  I guess we'll just have to wait until episode 8 comes out.

Offline anakin2000

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2016, 01:18:29 PM »
I certainly hope that she isn't Palpatine or Anakin reincarnated.  Those ideas just come across as cheap fan fiction to me.

I think it would almost be more interesting if she had no relation to the Skywalkers even.  She was literally a nobody and came from nothing.  I guess we'll just have to wait until episode 8 comes out.

Yeah, as long as she is not a reincarnation I'll be fine. to be honest I hope its just totally random, after all this is its own trilogy with its own story, no need to re-hash certain elements of others
(not referring to OT characters of course)

Offline bruno1067

• Padawan Learner
  • Size matters not
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2016, 01:46:51 PM »
Yeah, I agree. But unfortunately so far everything is pointing to her being related to the Skywalkers...

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2016, 10:35:11 PM »
The 'twist' on "I am your father" sounds just like the kind of thing that JJ Abrams would think of and WANT to do, though I hope LFL/Disney doesnt let it go that way.

They really should reveal whatever it is in Ep.VIII though - dragging it out 'til IX would be very annoying. I just wonder if Rey, Ren or whoever will kill Luke in VIII or in IX?
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2016, 07:43:03 AM »
I hope they don't kill off Luke too.  I'm fine with the original cast being the supporting cast to the new characters, but it's not necessary to kill off all the originals.

retrousse