fiduciary

Author Topic: My custom double-bladed Darth Maul's lightsaber  (Read 13845 times)

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
Re: My custom double-bladed Darth Maul's lightsaber
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 09:16:44 PM »
Great  work and  better build log pictures.

It's just something about that hilt that really shines. The weathering is to the point. Nice vid too.

Thanks for sharing   :tongue: 

MTFBWY

Offline Pinousse

• Master Force User
  • If so powerfull you are, why leave?
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2015, 12:21:37 AM »
Realy cool saber and machining skills  :azn:

Offline ShtokyD

• Board Moderator
  • Force User
  • whatever
    • My facebook page
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 02:01:50 AM »
Realy cool saber and machining skills  :azn:
Machining is made not by me )

Offline darth hondo

• Master Force User
  • there can only be two
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2015, 01:26:03 PM »
A great job on a custom DM build. It looks quite canon, Did you base it off Master Replicas's dimensions?

If you don't mind asking, how long did the machining take? And the assembly and electronics work after the machining? Your build log and pics shows some of the decisions you made but doesn't quite show all the painful aspects. Some of the scars on the DM can be viewed almost as battle damages.

I'm also curious about your "shaking" to turn on the crystal  LED sequencing toward about 75% in the video. Did you set it up for motion sensing for the crystal LEDs? Programming the LED sequence looks quite painful too.

Once again, a great job.

Offline ShtokyD

• Board Moderator
  • Force User
  • whatever
    • My facebook page
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 06:15:10 AM »
A great job on a custom DM build. It looks quite canon, Did you base it off Master Replicas's dimensions?

If you don't mind asking, how long did the machining take? And the assembly and electronics work after the machining? Your build log and pics shows some of the decisions you made but doesn't quite show all the painful aspects. Some of the scars on the DM can be viewed almost as battle damages.

I'm also curious about your "shaking" to turn on the crystal  LED sequencing toward about 75% in the video. Did you set it up for motion sensing for the crystal LEDs? Programming the LED sequence looks quite painful too.

Once again, a great job.

For dimensions referencing I used one drawing found on the web. And just redraw it for my purposes.

All machining work took about 5 days. But assembling hilt parts and electronics for two lightsabers took me about 6 month... mainly because I worked on it only on weekends and I had to solve many issues showing up during a build. So it took much time...

Yeah, I like when lightsaber hilts have some scars and damages it gives it a more realistic look.

I had to shake this hilt in my video to awake the Crystal Focus, it was in sleep mode. And as it awakes, idle mode led sequence starts, and as I turn it on, accent LEDs light up in sequence and act as PLI in normal mode as blade is ignited. Standard CF features.

Offline darth hondo

• Master Force User
  • there can only be two
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2015, 10:35:10 AM »

Once again, a great job.

For dimensions referencing I used one drawing found on the web. And just redraw it for my purposes.

All machining work took about 5 days. But assembling hilt parts and electronics for two lightsabers took me about 6 month... mainly because I worked on it only on weekends and I had to solve many issues showing up during a build. So it took much time...

Yeah, I like when lightsaber hilts have some scars and damages it gives it a more realistic look.

I had to shake this hilt in my video to awake the Crystal Focus, it was in sleep mode. And as it awakes, idle mode led sequence starts, and as I turn it on, accent LEDs light up in sequence and act as PLI in normal mode as blade is ignited. Standard CF features.

Thanks for your detailed answers. Didn't realize that CF can wake from a deep sleep mode with motion.

Congrats on your nice work again.

Offline Scarecrow

• Force User
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 06:50:59 PM »
It really is nice work.  Congrats on a job well done.

Offline JediWizard

• Master Force User
  • You cant have a droid Phil
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2016, 05:07:51 PM »
really great work man, and those crystal reveals are awesome

Offline The Force Is Strong

• Force User
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2016, 05:54:24 PM »
Simply incredible build. Hope to have your skills one day.

Offline Darth_Baleful

• Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2016, 03:18:40 AM »
By the full body beard of Chewbacca!!! :huh:

Masterfully done! A true work of art!
Praise be the order brought forth from the very edge of chaos.

There is only one return. And it's not of the King, it's of the JEDI

Offline stringfellow

• No Force
  • Not A Dirigible
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2016, 04:30:47 AM »
Beautiful work! Congratulations! :)

I'm looking into commissioning one for myself. Not sure if I can pin any hope on that.

Offline Falon Grey

• Formerly Yygdrasil
  • Force User
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2016, 06:48:22 AM »
Awesome !!

Awesome the whole way :D
100 % perfect job !!
Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.

Offline Oldroof

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2016, 04:09:19 PM »
Awesome!! what a beautiful saber!!

Offline ShtokyD

• Board Moderator
  • Force User
  • whatever
    • My facebook page
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 11:47:43 AM »
Thanks all!

Offline Yaraell_Ren

• Force User
  • Listen Yaddle, I'm gonna need to borrow your car!
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2018, 07:49:10 PM »
Wow, I can't believe I didn't come across this sooner! Probably the best DM saber I've seen... I wish more hilts were designed with that ingenious inter-locking mechanism

retrousse