fiduciary

Author Topic: Caine and his LED Saber Guild SABERPLAY HARD! at a local Holiday Parade!  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
For the 3rd year in a row, my martial arts school performed in our town's annual "Lights On Parade". This year, we kicked our fight scene up a notch, and we had 20 members of our demo team (a mix of adults and kids) perform and it was awesome. I haven't got all the pics yet, but here is a shot of the group

And a few more. Sorry for the blur - it's hard to catch our lightning fast team in motion.  ;D

A broken blade (on my JK-Sabers Obi)...ding dang gorilla dueling students of mine....who's their teacher?!  :D

The Luke ROTJ Yuma Stunt made it's performance debut and was full of awesomesauce.

And a few vids (check out my two girl students in the first one! INTENSITY!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL7eGLBB-N4

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 12:10:53 AM by Caine »

Offline Wong Yoon Wei

• Experienced Force User
Re: Caine and his LED Saber Guild SABERPLAY HARD! at a local Holiday Parade!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 05:01:55 AM »
Cool videos Caine. Do you think that because the blade doesn't go as deep into the blade holder on the JK that cause the breakage? Cause I believe the recommended depth is usually two inch but on the JK they look like less than one inch.

HFX Anakin ROTS Rebel Blue

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 08:18:08 AM »
Cool videos Caine. Do you think that because the blade doesn't go as deep into the blade holder on the JK that cause the breakage? Cause I believe the recommended depth is usually two inch but on the JK they look like less than one inch.

Nope, that had nothing to do with it. I have used that saber quite a bit and never had issues with any other blade. I think that particular blade just was tired of life that night.  :D

I also lost a tip on another during practice earlier that afternoon, as the top of the blade cracked. (something that hardly ever happens) and that tip was secured with Gorilla Super Glue. I think that blade also wanted to commit suicide that day as well, lol.

They were both TCSS Trans White blades, which are pretty strong (most of my students have them too).

Offline achilles266

• No Force
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 02:37:41 AM »
Looks like lots of fun guys :)

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:36:30 AM »
We ended up getting our picture in the paper, but they didn't mention my school's name...just "A Lightsaber demonstration is performed for the crowd".   >:(

OTHER businesses got their name under their performance pictures. Grrrr......

retrousse