fiduciary

Author Topic: MR Joe Jedi SW-616 FX Lightsaber Construction Kit review  (Read 5755 times)

Offline Darth Scythe

• Master Force User
MR Joe Jedi SW-616 FX Lightsaber Construction Kit review
« on: May 11, 2008, 03:03:20 PM »
This has turned out to be a pretty interesting saber. Once you accept it on it's own merits you'll be glad you got your hands on one. I liked mine so much I went out and bought a second two days ago. I mainly use the bare hilt as a stunt saber. The circumfence of the hilt and the out of the way on/off button make it perfect for spinning. Now I can connect them Maul style or for dual wielding. Let's not overlook the fact that it starts out with three color options and all the MR FX  Jedi/Sith sounds! As many of us know, industrious sabersmiths on this forum have already managed to get as  many as five colors out of this little gem. That's one heck of a lot of saber fun for only $45 each. Once I get them converted by Ultrasabers they'll be even better. If you see one at Radio Shack for $45 I reccomend you snatch one up!

Edit: I used nail polish remover to wipe away the green stripeand blue mark on the hilt. The bare hilt now looks more like a lightsaber to me.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 01:01:17 PM by Darth Scythe »
Vader's Vault OSPP stunt "Majesty"
Do-Clo Yoda Lux III Red
Ultrasabers Luke ROTJ Lux III LedEngin 5 watt Green w/emitter upgrade
MR Luke ANH Stock
General Grievous/LDM Mace Windu ROTS TruPurple with windowed emitter
MHS saber \\\"Civil Elegance/Elegant Civility\\\" W.I.P.

Offline Taskmaster99

• Experienced Force User
Re: MR Joe Jedi SW-616 FX Lightsaber Construction Kit review
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 05:22:04 PM »
I bought mine awhile ago in the 70 buck range. I know a few radio Shacks that have them right now in the 40's as well. Didnt know the Maul coupler would work to connect two of them...thanks for the info. Now i have to buy another one....lol.

Offline Darth Scythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 08:56:53 PM »
This has turned out to be a pretty interesting saber. Once you accept it on it's own merits you'll be glad you got your hands on one. I liked mine so much I went out and bought a second two days ago. I mainly use the bare hilt as a stunt saber. The circumfence of the hilt and the out of the way on/off button make it perfect for spinning. Now I can connect them Maul style or for dual wielding. Let's not overlook the fact that it starts out with three color options and all the MR FX  Jedi/Sith sounds! As many of us know, industrious sabersmiths on this forum have already managed to get as  many as five colors out of this little gem. That's one heck of a lot of saber fun for only $45 each. Once I get them converted by Ultrasabers they'll be even better. If you see one at Radio Shack for $45 I reccomend you snatch one up!

Or two! I can't take credit for that discovery. I believe it's attributed to Torlin. Look for his video on youtube.
Vader's Vault OSPP stunt "Majesty"
Do-Clo Yoda Lux III Red
Ultrasabers Luke ROTJ Lux III LedEngin 5 watt Green w/emitter upgrade
MR Luke ANH Stock
General Grievous/LDM Mace Windu ROTS TruPurple with windowed emitter
MHS saber \\\"Civil Elegance/Elegant Civility\\\" W.I.P.

Offline FrankG

• No Force
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 09:20:52 PM »
Does any one know what diamerter is the inner hilt?

I suppose its  the same diameter as the other MR FX battery packs, but then again, this could not be the case.

Thanks people!

Offline Super sith 22

• Master Force User
  • ROCK ON!
    • sabercity
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 09:34:25 PM »
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=10505.0   ;) :D

very nice review I couldn't really agree more.
"A gun is just a tool, like a hammer or an alligator." -Homer Simpson

retrousse