fiduciary

Author Topic: ok looking into an MHS saber  (Read 4742 times)

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
  • in darkness we are the lite
Re: ok looking into an MHS saber
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 07:28:54 PM »

oh and this is what the MHS is going to look like maybe diff pomel

Offline Katarn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 09:29:22 PM »
arent you going to need a male/male adapter between the main hilt section and extension section? those are both female on both ends. so unless your saber uh, swings that way...  ;D

its a good looking saber. mine is going to look almost the same, but just different enough.
i honestly think the best things to happen to the custom saber community was the discovery of luxeon LEDs, erv's board, and Tim's  MHS!
Korbanth LS6 Hero PC 1.6 conversion by LDM (next best thing to the MkVI)
TCSS MHS #1 "Coppertop"
Vintage Graflex ANH

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 03:45:46 PM »
again i know im going to be poked fun of lol but i have read about ervs bord and ultras so witch is better?

keep in mind im still going to go EL with my saber... LED with my daughters but ya

and can anyone here help me with how i would go about wireing my Hasbro DIY sabers sound board to a saber LED or EL? i want it cuz the sound it makes with the green Crystal ... i also have to figure out how to insert the crystal to keep that sound

this would be easyer if i had that saber with me but ya

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 04:08:43 PM »
again i know im going to be poked fun of lol but i have read about ervs bord and ultras so witch is better?

Erv's. Bar none the best saber sound card out there.

keep in mind im still going to go EL with my saber... LED with my daughters but ya

Sound will be very difficult with a EL saber. You'll need to run two circuits on a DPDT switch. You can't run an EL blade off a luxeon driver.

and can anyone here help me with how i would go about wireing my Hasbro DIY sabers sound board to a saber LED or EL? i want it cuz the sound it makes with the green Crystal ... i also have to figure out how to insert the crystal to keep that sound

There are diagrams all over TCSS. It really depends on which Hasbro sound card you have. They are all slightly different. You can't run a EL blade directly off a Hasbro sound card, you need to use a DPDT switch and two circuits.

Hope that helped

~Aluke

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 05:04:51 PM »
yes aluke123 that did help now i know what i need to look for as far as parts go now i just need the recharge port and indacator leds

i really shoulc build one for the wife maybe that will open her up to this whole i love lightsabers thing i have going on lol

the led from TCSS do thay work if u wire them to power or are thay just for looks?

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 05:07:28 PM »
The indicator LEDs sold at TCSS work. Wire them up with the proper resistor (listed in the chart I believe), and you're good to go.

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 05:40:04 PM »
SWEET ;D

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 05:11:07 PM »
ok i give up on EL for now

but this is the LED saber im going to build now

just a simple stunt 3w AMBER lux just over 12in

i have ben puting way to much thought into this and i gave up started over and im just going to make is simple and firts time build

im also thinkin of doin it this way

well ya idk it shouldent cost me more then 80 to make this saber im looking forward to it

Offline DevilGuy

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 11:46:00 AM »
hey you came to your senses :p

that design looks great, and with a luxeon it will be way easier to make, simpler to wire, and more durable. My advice is to look for a SW-616 (the reviled radioshack constructable saber) for sound they have an MR soundboard and last I checked they were on sale in my local store.

Offline Vincent

• Experienced Force User
  • Unorthodox swordsman
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 11:52:22 AM »
I would got with the first design, but I would put the switch at the lower of end of the saber, it's better so spins imo.

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2008, 08:58:39 PM »
i wouldent say come to my sences devilguy lol but i have hade 3 years to think on what i want and how i want it and my head is to full so im just going to push the last 3 yrs to the back of the pile and start fresh

vincent im also thinkin of ading a controll box from parks so i can keep the switch there i wanted it in the back but idk with the choke point ther i dont mind the switch in that position

with the choke point at the back the saber kinda looks like an old roman sword

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2008, 09:18:59 PM »
i wouldent say come to my sences devilguy lol but i have hade 3 years to think on what i want and how i want it and my head is to full so im just going to push the last 3 yrs to the back of the pile and start fresh

vincent im also thinkin of ading a controll box from parks so i can keep the switch there i wanted it in the back but idk with the choke point ther i dont mind the switch in that position

with the choke point at the back the saber kinda looks like an old roman sword

oh i live in Australia Guys so i cant just drive on down to radio shack lol

Offline jpbeck

• Master Force User
  • "Always run the same direction EOD are running"
    • http://snipersparadise.com/sniperchat/index.php?
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2008, 09:35:57 PM »

oh and this is what the MHS is going to look like maybe diff pomel

I'm building that exact same saber-- It'll be here in a few days and I'll take some pictures of it. I'll give you a better idea of wat it looks like.

retrousse