fiduciary

Author Topic: **W.I.P.** Luke ROTJ V2 Lux V. *BIG Pictorial Update 12/25/07*  (Read 25903 times)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
**W.I.P.** Luke ROTJ V2 Lux V. *BIG Pictorial Update 12/25/07*
« on: September 28, 2007, 06:44:35 AM »
 :) Hey everyone!

This is a topic about my recent project. Now I know I could have posted this in the Luke v2 mods section, but I am putting it here because it is using the Crystal Focus V 1.2, and what better place to display it than in the boards for the creator!

I still don't have my camera back yet, but once I get it, I will have plenty of pictures to show of the build and completed saber. I do however have pics of the hilt I am using:

This is the hilt I will be using. (Click pics for full size)

There is still some work to be done on the hilt itself: Correct D-ring, and a little paint. I'm not going for TOTAL screen accuracy, because I am adding a couple of extra greeblies (Battery/power indicator LED), and the switches for power and auxilliary functions will be placed on the graflex clamp collar (much like the Obi-Wan).

The Clamp is salavaged from a gutted Luke ESB FX, but I need to find another because of a dremel mishap that marred the surface (not pictured) of the clamp. My cat got into the workshop and was batting at my flexshaft while I was grinding a burr off.  >:(

The Batteries!

The batteries are two LC 14500 3.6V 900mAh UltraFires (Protected) Li-ons for a total of 7.4V. These will be installed with an in-hilt recharge system. The recharge port will be placed where the cone knob is supposed to be, so I can use the cone knob as the kill key while displaying the hilt. 8)

The LED

I was originally going to use a Bin 4 Cyan Lux V that was supplied to me from Owen Lars, but in my haste while testing the LED, I applied too much voltage through my tester (punched in 16.8V instead of 6.8V on the keypad by accident) and toasted the LED! :o I then went to a Bin 1 Green Lux V instead, so no worries, except for the loss of the Cyan LED. :( I may go with a another Cyan (bin 1 this time) or a Blue Lux V for that "Revenge of The Jedi" trailer Look to the saber. I haven't really decided on that yet. :)

The Blade Holder (Click for Link)

I will be using the Maul kit from TCSS for the blade holder with a 6o collamitor lens, and machining the bore on the emitter to let it slide through a bit to extend the emitter about 1/2", and then use headless hex set screws to hold it in place. Unless of course someone has any advice on this of course! ;) *hint hint* :D

The Config file

I still need to do a little tweaking here and there, but this is what I have so far! Any advice or ideas would be appreciated, as I will be making more adjustments when I get the saber fully assembled! ;)

//Config file
hc=255
lc=90
hs=45
ls=12
sc=10
ss=6
i=0.85
gainx=1.1
gainy=2.2
random=1
freq=91
shimmerduration=130
shimmerperiod=10
shimmerrandom=5
shifting=25
gravity=127
buffer=9
noisegate=12
sample=14
watchdog=1
swinglimit=180
lockupdelay=120
switchpolarity=0
mute=0
ledcurrent=35
currenterror=5
flickerspeed=3
flickerdepth=70
brakepercent=0.95
slopefactor=0.2

The Sound Fonts

The sound fonts I have used are a mix of the Original Archive that came on the SD card, and sounds from the font created by ShinobiUk For the Crystal Focus V1.2.

Basically, I just loaded the Ignition and Retraction sounds from the Oricginal File into the ShinobiUk file. I was going to mix down the idle hum to match up to the Ignition and retraction better, but found that I liked the overlap of the two different hums, as it made the saber sound even more dangerous (like there was a major power flux at ignition and retraction). I might smooth the transition out a bit later, but as it is, I like the clashing contrast of the two hums at power on/off. 8)

« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 07:13:22 PM by DARTH TYRANUS »

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
Re: **W.I.P.** Luke ROTJ V2 Lux V.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 07:39:00 AM »
WOW - the possibilities for that saber make it smokin hot.   Really nice saber you got there.  :)

Did you modify a standard Luke ROTJ hilt yourself?  When did you get the CF?  Was it readily available?

Do keep us updated on its progression.  ;)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 07:54:04 AM »
The Hilt is indeed an MR Luke ROTJ FX that has been polished and has the orange paint removed from the neck.

A clamp from the MR Luke ESB FX has been added.

I obtained the CF 1.2 in trade with another member for a Luke ANH FX (In transit here for inspection and testing as we speak).

It had some issues and was in need of repairs, so it was shipped to Erv for repairs, and then came to me for installation into this saber.

Offline Bin Adam

• Master Force User
  • Muslim Knights: Fighting the Terror Within
    • For Those Who Reflect
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 08:09:25 AM »
Peace be upon all,

What a classic looking hilt you got there Tyranus! Adding a properly tweaked CF board to that should be saberlicious!  8)

please keep us posted on the progress.

Bin Adam
The battle outside, starts inside.
"Don't desire to meet your enemy, but if you do be steadfast."

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 08:22:15 AM »
This is my first major project in a while, since I am still waiting on all the needed parts for others (Heiland, Overlord USB chassis, Vader mod with coil tension spring).

This saber, once finished is most likely going to be sold to make money for the other projects, but I'll have to keep it for a while to play around with it before I decide though! ;D

Offline Darthmischief

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 08:40:40 AM »
 Very cool Darth T!

The Saber looks much better with the Orange paint removed! I'll look forward to seeing your progress-just keep the cat away this time. :D

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 08:51:23 AM »
Ah, the cat was just being playful, I hadn't paid any attention to him for 5 WHOLE MINUTES! :D ;D

So he was bored... It was my fault for leaving the basement door open in the first place. Although he usually just sits on the workbench and watches me...this time I guess he wanted to get involved. He loves lightsabers, has ever since he was a kitten!

My cat, YODA, when he was a youngling!

Offline GRAND MOFF TARKIN

• formerly pianoman/Admiral Piett
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Fear will keep them in line...
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 09:02:12 AM »
Now Im really going to drive down there!

Seth Ski-Woo

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 09:14:44 AM »
Fantastic, DT, it looks like it's shaping up into something really special and an upgrading of your original plans for this hilt - well on it's way to being one of the nicest V2s out there in look and function ;) that green lux V is going to rock!!

Look forward to seeing and hearing about the progression as it happens.

My cats just look at me as if I'm a bit weird when I fire up a lightsaber (perhaps they're onto something)  :D Yoda looks a proper cutie

Offline Bin Adam

• Master Force User
  • Muslim Knights: Fighting the Terror Within
    • For Those Who Reflect
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 09:29:46 AM »
Peace be upon all,

"Overlord USB chassis", what's that about Tyranus ???
Is this any relation to the Ultrasound carriage that JaygonJinn made?

Bin Adam
The battle outside, starts inside.
"Don't desire to meet your enemy, but if you do be steadfast."

Offline Yukiel

• Master Force User
  • LAKES FLOATING IN SPACE!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 09:40:03 AM »
Very nice! I can't wait to see the finished product. But I've always wondered, how do you replace the stock ROTJ clamp thingy with a real Graflex one?

Am I alive or dead?
rip sabers

Offline GRAND MOFF TARKIN

• formerly pianoman/Admiral Piett
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Fear will keep them in line...
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 09:43:47 AM »
Its from a Master Replica Luke ESB saber. The ROTJ hilt is too fat for a real Graflex clamp.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 10:10:32 AM »
Peace be upon all,

"Overlord USB chassis", what's that about Tyranus ???
Is this any relation to the Ultrasound carriage that JaygonJinn made?

Bin Adam

Yes it's a chassis for the Ultrasound that I am making as a custom one off (or two for my LE Chrome OL as well). It's still being worked on, but on hold until my switch gets here from Queen Creek... (A few days). I'll post pics of that in the appropriate area when it's finished, and if it's a success and enough demand is there I may begin making them for the current owners of the OverLord. ;) IF Ultra and Yoda give the OK that is. ;)

Very nice! I can't wait to see the finished product. But I've always wondered, how do you replace the stock ROTJ clamp thingy with a real Graflex one?

It's acutally VERY easy to do Yukiel. ;) You just remove the stock switchbox from the Luke ROTJ, and get a clamp from the Luke ESB. Grind down the four tabs that hold the clamp in place to the hilt on the ESB, slide it on and tighten the screw. That's it! :)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 11:00:54 AM »
That looks like a very nice V2 there DT. 

Man MR really coated the orange part of the neck big time with paint eh?  I'm removing the paint off mine now as I type this and it's just caked on there.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 11:14:02 AM »
Yeah, I had to resort to medium grade steel wool and some acetone to get mine completely clean...

I've noticed that not all ROTJ hilts have the same amount of paint. One I did was SUPER thick, and the other nearly rubbed right off with soap and water! :o

retrousse