fiduciary

Author Topic: AFBB Luke V2  (Read 4411 times)

Offline GRAND MOFF TARKIN

• formerly pianoman/Admiral Piett
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Fear will keep them in line...
AFBB Luke V2
« on: March 17, 2007, 03:06:49 PM »
Well,

After looking at lots of reference photos I decided it was time to spruce up my ROTJ Luke.
I wanted to build somthing a tad diffrent and looking from the weathered pictures from either members on here or screen shots or old reference photos, I believe this to be a fairly accurate rendition of How Lukes saber orginally looked. So far I need an emmiter extension, graflex clamp and a textured cone knob and the correct ring on the pommel.

But either way it looks great, actully it looks way better in person then it does in the photos. Also it looks like the paint scraped off the right side of the control box, it isn't. Its just the lighting. Enjoy and thanks to robiwon and Mcallister!!!

that should work
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 03:53:28 PM by pianoman »

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
Re: AFBB Luke V2
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 03:25:34 PM »
Linkys no worky either... :P

-Joclad
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 03:42:09 PM by JOCLAD DANVA »

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 03:56:08 PM »
OK the pictures are fixed~

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 04:00:29 PM »
i likey
the emitter looks better than i thought it would in black.
overall great job 8)

Lord Maul on TCSS

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 04:09:19 PM »
Thanks! It will look even better after the emmiter extension. I think I may re paint the neck since it isn't as smooth as I would like.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »
*Looks at pics*

I like the pristine V2 look. Get the rest of the parts put on there and you'll have a keeper.  8)

-Joclad
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 04:32:25 PM by JOCLAD DANVA »

10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 04:42:29 PM »
Well I found a make-shift emmiter extension.

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 05:57:07 PM »
nice 8)
i would cut the emitter extension in half if i were you.
looks even better now :o

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 06:16:30 PM »
Actually, I would say cut a 1/3 of it off and you will have the length about the same as my JSS(Equinox) extended emitter. ;)

-Joclad

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 06:57:39 PM »
Very cool pianoman, I like what you did with your luke rotj, thanks for giving me ideas for my Dark Chrome Anakin ROTS, I'm so glad that everything turned out great with your Luke ROTJ V2

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 12:38:24 PM »
Pianoman, I'm glad we were able to inspire you into creating a very nice lightsaber. Keep up the good work. If I find a cone knob source I'll let you know.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 02:23:27 PM »
Thanks everyone, and your welcome Shadow. I used a peice of black foam for the emmiter extension. It came from a broom that had the thin foam over the wooden handle. It worked quite nicely, but I have trimmed it since I took that photo. I have to say, I saw a "stock" ROTJ in some photos and the black really makes it look slimmer. Like when I where a black shirt I look thinner then I really am. But this has really brought some character to the saber and I love it even more then before. You really feel as if you have Luke's saber, only when it was new :) And their is that sense of accomplishment.

If anybody wants to attempt this I say go for it. There are a few different configurations for this saber and Im glad I could show another version. Plus if when/if the paint starts to wear, i'll just have a "weathered" edition!!

I still would like to find some way to make the emmiter top (not the extension, but where it comes out of) have a larger diameter. Obviously nothing massive, but if it was slightly larger then it would agian trick the eye that the neck is even smaller then it really is. Almost like MR upped the size of the hilt say 40% larger then an LE, but left the emmiter top original size and forgot to also make it 40% larger.

retrousse