fiduciary

Author Topic: Lightsaber Flash Mob in Salt Lake  (Read 4149 times)

Offline MasterSketch

• No Force
Lightsaber Flash Mob in Salt Lake
« on: May 20, 2009, 09:25:59 AM »
Date:   Friday, June 19, 2009
Time:   9:30pm - 11:00pm
Street:   1300 South 700 East
City/Town:   Salt Lake City, UT
Email:   SketchFilms@aol.com

If you own a light up lightsaber or know someone that can lend you one, come to Liberty park in Salt Lake on June 19th and set your timers and cell phones for 9:30 P.M.!
On the dot, everyone will turn their lightsabers on and initiate a massive mock battle!!!
This event is being hosted on facebook; so if you have a facebook account, go to http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=61683669549&ref=ts [nofollow] and add yourself to the confirmation list. If you don't have facebook, read on!...

Bring all of your buddies or bring a date! It's the perfect event for a Friday night! Anyone and everyone that can bring a lightsaber is invited; so even if you can't come, pass this on to everyone you know!!!!
When you get to the park, don't tell anyone what's about to happen; don't even talk about it to each other- just show up walk around casually and when 9:30 hits, make it as random as possible!!!
The general group of us will be initiating the event near the hillside of the pond on the South East corner of the park (1300 S. 700 E.)

(NOTE: Do NOT Attack Innocent Bystanders and do NOT swing your blade like you're going to kill someone. You can fake a battle without swinging your blade as hard as you can and still have fun. If you can't abide by these rules you are responsible for any of your own actions.)

Don't know what a flashmob is? Check these videos out at [ Invalid YouTube link ]flash+mobs&aq=f

If you don't own a lightsaber yet, the best sparring models you can bring are from http://www.ultrasabers.com/ [nofollow] who offer a wide variety of incredibly durable and fine-quality lightsabers running as cheap as 35.00!!! They even offer a double edged lightsaber for 79.00 which is one third the price you can find anywhere else. Check it out!

If you're short on money, just run to your local Walmart and grab yourself one of the fold-out lightsabers or just ask around!

If you can't afford a lightsaber, ask around to see if anyone has spares! You won't want to miss out on this spontaneous event!!!

Offline Weld Twiin

• Force User
Re: Lightsaber Flash Mob in Salt Lake
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 09:41:59 AM »
Cool idea --- 8)

Offline rdstorm

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 02:29:17 PM »
Aww I live nowhere near the area :'(

Be sure to film it! I would like to plan something like that in my University...as it is, my brother is planning a zombie walk so if that actually happens, then i have no doubt the administrators would allow us to do that ;D

"If we're all clones, why am I the only one with a sense of humor?"-Scorch

Offline MasterSketch

• No Force
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 03:20:39 PM »
Thanks! Yeah, I wish anyone that wanted to come could make it. If you have any friends near the area that would be interested, for sure let them know!
I've heard rumor of up to several different groups that plan to come to the spot and film it; we'll for sure put it up on youtube as soon as it's edited together.

~Sketch

Offline Baena

• Padawan Learner
    • My illustration blog
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 04:51:04 PM »
That's awesome!
I live in Utah, Saratoga Springs to be exact.

If I can make it up there I will.  ;D

Offline MasterSketch

• No Force
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 04:04:56 PM »
Sweet man! I know where that is. Hope you can make it! Be sure and let all of your friends know; especially if they own a lightsaber and/or have facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=61683669549&ref=ts [nofollow]

For all those who are interested and want a lightsaber- www.ultrasabers.com [nofollow] hired new hands and are currently ahead of schedule & they have been shipping orders as early as under a week!

The current total accumulated RSVP attendance is over 50 and over 130 maybe's with three weeks to go!

Offline Hon_Rev

• Master Force User
  • Drama free since '08
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 05:37:22 PM »
Sounds like alot of fun! I wish I could come!

"the undisputed bling master." Darth Inferis
REGAL JEDI by Hon_Rev

Offline Darth Irving

• Padawan Learner
Lightsaber Flash Mob at ComicCon!!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 08:14:13 PM »
Hey! Let's organize one of these at ComicCon this year near the Star Wars booth...or the Entrance to Con...someplace that will make pictures in the news AND in ComicCon magazine....I'll bring extra sabers!!!

Who's with me??!!  (Crouching like Jerry Maguire with fingers curling come on!)

K ;-)

Offline Rouge Striker

• Force User
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 09:14:53 PM »
ME!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

retrousse