fiduciary

Author Topic: Clone Wars Cancelled???  (Read 17659 times)

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault

Facebook: VVFB

Offline cordaroyfog

• Master Force User
  • Just your friendly neighborhood Fog...
Re: Clone Wars Cancelled???
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »
Well that site appears to be the online ones reporting that, but honestly if it's true, I'm ok with it.

We got closure on Asohka, we knew they weren't going to kill her off, so this was the only real option to wrap things up.

The last few episodes were easily the best of the whole series which at times dragged on with boring and pointless episodes.

This ending nicely caps it off and leaves a good legacy of entertainment. IMHO.

Offline Kenobi2185

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 07:24:40 PM »
If this turns out to be true it will be a big bummer.  The season finale story arc was outstanding. 

I wonder if it has something to do with the contract with Cartoon Network now that Disney is in the picture?

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 07:30:59 PM »
I don't really know where they would go next with the series, other than trying to get Ashoka back.

Darth Maul is still there, so a loose end could be pursued in that area... But really, I would not be surprised if they stopped the TV show and focused in on the movies they'll be releasing every 2-3 years after 2015.

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline darth kovetous

• Force User
  • Alas,the Jedi are nomore!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 07:36:18 PM »
I would have liked to seen an "official" end to the war, What was the actual event that brought the war to an end?

Offline Kenobi2185

• Force User
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 07:42:04 PM »
I would have liked to seen an "official" end to the war, What was the actual event that brought the war to an end?

Darth Vader and Order 66 ended the war in Episode III. 

Offline blackluc

• Master Force User
  • Lord Saevius
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 08:04:35 PM »
We will be able to confirm this tuesday when Disney reveals their program.  We will see if the show appears on the list or not.

French Canadian Sith Lord

Offline hedgehog1

• Simply Red, standing by
  • Force User
  • Never going to grow up.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »
They Cancelled Clone Wars?

I nearly choked on my cookie!

Edited to be more family friendly (and in better taste).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 11:42:20 AM by hedgehog1 »

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 11:12:05 PM »
Ill admit that your post ( especially the animated pic ) was funny.... BUT it seems a bit much for a family oriented site.... Just my two cents.

Offline PhoenixJedi

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Phoenix Sabers

I'm the only saber smith ever mentioned in the NY Times: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=35163
My Sabers: Avenger & Defender (TCSS Pair), Ravager (SF Vanquish)
Check out my profile for my website, sound font samples and pictures of sabers i've built!
Note: All sales from me, once shipped, are final.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 02:53:21 AM »
The 'season' [series?] finale ended with a very distinctive and different music score than the usual episode end music...maybe that was a 'clue'?

I hope this isn't true, and that maybe there is simply a transition to a new Disney network in play, but if it is then this isn't the worst way the series could end...and leaving open the possibility that Ahsoka might have survived ROTS since she was no longer a Jedi at the time of Order 66 could mean she might make a future appearance in videogames, the live action series if it ever happens, or even perhaps the Sequel Trilogy?

I think there is still 'room' narratively for more episodes of TCW if they choose to continue and hope that the Ventress and Maul subplots will get some resolution somewhere but if this is the end at least it ended with some really great episodes.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Skottsaber

• Master Force User
  • Calamus Gladio Fortior
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 03:42:10 AM »
IF this reporting is accurate, and from the wording it seems like they may air "leftover" episodes that may constitute another season, I wouldn't be upset if they ended on a 6th season that led directly into the battle of Coruscant. Considering the direction they've taken in later seasons with more personal character stories (read: Ventress, Ahsoka, the nightbrothers) rather than concentrating on the overarching war I think the show is winding down while still being very enjoyable. I'll be sad to see it go but I think it could end on a very good high.

My Sabers:

Randomsabers Ravaster
CF Obi TPM
Saberconcepts Ahsoka Variant

Offline dgdve

• Force User
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 05:12:51 AM »
I thought I heard it was 5 season total some time ago?

Ive also thought the whole time this was the last season.. Every season has been 22 episodes (they announced before this season started it was only 20 episides) that news alone really made me think it was the end and Ive watched with anticipation assuming this was it. I had been led to believe that for the last few years.. I'm busy weekend's so I always watch them free at the sw clonewars spot and thats the news I got from there (long long ago I thought).. I also watch all the featurettes so maybe its in there somewhere.

If you watch the featurettes you can see how they got the ending score (rather then the "dun duh")... I for one do love sw and the community but was never into the movies (not near) as much as I really felt myself (as a big kid) being drawn into the storyline of the clone wars.

Im not pro or up on to much of that stuff but thats just what I had always thought for the last while.

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Formerly known as Shadow Walker
  • Experienced Force User
  • I am vengeance. I am the night.
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 10:30:39 AM »
It has, unfortunately, been confirmed that Star Wars: The Clone Wars has officially ended after 5 seasons on the air.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=75549

R.I.P. Star Wars: The Clone Wars.  :'(

Offline Kenobi2185

• Force User
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 11:14:26 AM »
It has, unfortunately, been confirmed that Star Wars: The Clone Wars has officially ended after 5 seasons on the air.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=75549

R.I.P. Star Wars: The Clone Wars.  :'(

We have time to say goodbye.  "It's not over yet." 

The official press release says, "While the studio is no longer producing new episodes for Cartoon Network, we're continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen."

And Dave Filoni says they have a few more story arcs but things are winding down.  I presume those episodes will be direct to blu-ray/digital download and were already near completion. 

So yes, it will be over but not yet.

retrousse