fiduciary

Author Topic: DBZ soundfont DEmo UPDATE  (Read 8745 times)

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
  • The Leeroy Jenkins of the bidding wars
Re: DBZ soundfont DEmo
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 07:35:01 AM »
Thanks Alex ;).
Ill make another video today at night with force2.
Also ill post my Zelda font.... Uuuu im excited :).

Thank you all for your kind words.

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 07:41:34 AM »
Zelda as in Twilight Princess?  That would actually be quite a fun font to work with.  Was that a Kid Buu Kamehameha?  A really sweet one would be the Father/ Son Kamehameha, or just a really powerful Goku one.  Overall 9.5/10 on the font though.  The hum was a nice touch.  If I ever make a yellow saber, I'll definately need that font ;D

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 07:43:38 AM »
No... that was a Son Goku Kamehameha, as stated before this is using the Japanese audio...

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 07:48:25 AM »
Oh, my bad... it sounded like a DBZ budokai (videogame) kid buu one... but OOOO I had a good Idea!!!.  What if you took a speaker, battery pack, recharge port, and PC-U (with some font tweaking) and put them in a box about the size of a deck of cards.  Mounted it on you forearm somewhere, and made a white glove (like the kind vegeta wears) with two buttons (one on the index finger and one on the middle finger) and a luxeon in your palm (underdriven and with a small heatsink).  That would make the best DBZ costume ever!  
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 07:55:00 AM by Alex Gordon »

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 08:09:21 AM »
That would be awsome!!.
About the Zelda font. Mainly is Ocarina and Twilight, with a hint of Smash Bros and a little of the origonal Nintendo Zelda.

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 08:12:38 AM »
I'm thinking about making a PC "demo box" too.  about the size of a deck of cards with PC, batteries, sd card access, recharge port, speaker, buttons, and led to carry around.  The lightsaber thing always comes up when I don't have my sabers and videos don't do it justice.  This way I can show my friends and family how it works and what it does without actually having the saber with me. 

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 08:15:25 AM »
I also used to be into DBZ back when it first got Americanized. Sounds pretty good Juansith, nice job! 8)

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 08:49:28 PM »
UPDATE
As i promised, heres a new vid of the Font, in this one i managed to get the force2 (Thanks Alex ;) ), and i show a different version of the poweron, i looked for the japanese version of the "lets go", but the audio quality of the only one i found is terrible.

Also, another version of the poweroff, since im all about accuracy, i really wanted to have the sound when the Kaioken is diminished as the poweroff, so there you have it :).Whats nice, is that the are all interchangeable.

Again, i think i need to adjust some punches, specially one of them fools is delaying, i will have to saber it for being lazy  :P.

Heres the Vid.

Ok,thanks again, gotta go tweak my new font...wait....can you hear that???...is that...someone...breathing?...in a Chamber?... .

Cheers.

Offline kamakazykid

• Gungan
  • Experienced Force User
Re: DBZ soundfont DEmo UPDATE
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 02:26:27 PM »
Love the DBZ font!! Brings back the good ol' memories.

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 02:40:31 PM »
It does, doesnt it?.
Wow, ten, twelve years ago i was nuts for DB.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 01:42:40 PM »
I know NOTHING about DBZ, except maybe that "over 9000" reference (which may not be DBZ, idk)... but anyhow, it sounds really cool to me!  Good mixes, fun sounds, for sure.

As always, *I* am not a fan of "middle/low volume" hums, I like them more like 60% or 65% of the waveform, but either way, it sounds fun to me.

So... were there a whole "bunch" of DBZ sounds, or just a chosen few?  I mean, for example, when people talk about a "Gundam" font, man... I think of everything from Robotech to Voltron to all the iterations of Gundam (none of which I've ever seen)... and I just know there is TONS of variation, lol.
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »
You know, ive recognized some sounds that are shared between Mazinger Z, Dragon Ball and Evangelion, being a huge fan of DBZ  i can tell you that i had it very clear in my mind which specific sounds i wanted to use,like, a SW fan know hoe a blaster sounds or an Xwing or certain alien talk, there are thousands of sounds i didnt use because they didnt fit in. But yes, DB has an amazing and diverse,sound bank, pretty much every non-generic anime has an incredible sound experience. Macross and Evangelion.... Wow.

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 02:42:46 PM »
See, now you're getting the blood boiling for the various BGM/OSTs the DB saga had, including Ocean Group, Bruce Faulconer for FUNimation, and of course the original Japanese music.

I found that each group had certain tracks that fit the moment better.

Offline jetsaber

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 06:58:04 PM »
 ;D Actually Juansith : The sounds are refreshing  ;) And a totally New Vibe , Again  8)

Offline livebyhonor

• Force User
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 07:10:29 PM »
This font would go quite well with my "outside the tube" idea to turn yourself into a super Sayjin sound generator to.

retrousse