fiduciary

Author Topic: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!  (Read 46541 times)

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
Re: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2009, 11:14:52 AM »
... and believe me if I ever go in the US in the next few years, I'll definitely go pay this guy a visit he'll remeber for a long time... but this is a different story

:o Oooo not zen, you'll have to tell us that story some time  :D

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2009, 11:22:18 AM »
I really only have one thing to say to those still waiting on the last run of OverLords:

You can count on me to make things right just like you always have.  If I need to, I will drop everything and make an entire new run of Overlords just for you.  If you don't want one anymore, I'll refund your money. Simple as that.

I'm really hoping it won't come to that. We heard from Derek just last week and he said he's building the sabers and shipping them out. I trust him.

But whatever happens, you can always trust in me and my company.  We've always held up our end of the deal and we'll make sure this deal is upheld as well.  We're not washing our hands of this in any way. We're just asking for a little more time to sort out the builds.  Thanks.

I am not part of the run but in an effort to keep this thread on track and civil I thought a repost of Ultra's last post is in order.  A bump if you will.

"You can count on me to make things right just like you always have.  If I need to, I will drop everything and make an entire new run of Overlords just for you.  If you don't want one anymore, I'll refund your money. Simple as that."

In the more than two years I have been a part of this site this is one of the truest statements I have witnessed.  I'm not saying it won't take time to straighten out.  I am saying Alex' word is just that.  His word.  He's true to it.

"We heard from Derek just last week and he said he's building the sabers and shipping them out. I trust him."

That statement was about a month ago.  Not one person has come forward yet saying they 1. got their saber or 2. got a box full of parts.  Alex is being strung along with the rest of you on this.  This may very well be the reason for the delay.  Any void of communication most likely means he has no information yet.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 12:34:27 PM by LUKE SKYWALKER »

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2009, 11:27:05 AM »
Yeah not to restate, but I totally agree with Luke.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2009, 11:33:53 AM »
Don't forget what Ultra's stress level is on this.  You all are out a saber or two each.  Alex is out the entire Overlord run AND the US2.0's to go with it.  We're talking some serious money there just in parts.  For all parties interested the best outcome is to reacquire the sabers vs starting a new run.

Give Alex the time and he will make it right.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:48:23 AM by LUKE SKYWALKER »

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2009, 11:45:51 AM »
I have no news to report.

Luke, Thanks for posting that. There is a minor correction. The bane hilts were not sent to DT, the paperwork was. He still has it.
Ultra still has the Bane hilts. Anyone that responded to my post in the Bane update thread, your orders were compiled and sent to Ultra.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2009, 12:31:10 PM »
I find it ridiculous that with all his "problems" he can go sit through an almost 3 hour movie and post a review on this very site, but not have the time to go to the goram post office and ship my stuff. I'll state it again. I don't care what your excuses are. Derek, just send the incomplete Overlord and my soundboard back to me. I don't want you working on it anymore. Just send it back.You can use some of that money Master Jedye sent you specifically to ship everyone's stuff out.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 12:37:49 PM by Ri-on Ozryel »

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2009, 11:00:04 PM »
Let's face it, folks, these sabers are most likely never going to see the hands of any of us who ordered them. DT holds all the cards here, and I think he's done dealing with any of us, on any level. Whether he still has them is something I highly question, and with the constant false promises of shipping, refusal to send even unassembled parts to their owners, at no cost to him, I doubt that even if he DOES have them, that he plans on shipping them to any of us. I've given up hoping to get mine.

It sucks that we're all out our sabers and our money. It sucks that Ultra is out all of his. It sucks that someone we all trusted and admired has decided to shaft us. Mostly, it sucks how badly this has tainted the entire custom saber community. Lessons learned.
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline Darth Akira

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »
Let's face it, folks, these sabers are most likely never going to see the hands of any of us who ordered them. DT holds all the cards here, and I think he's done dealing with any of us, on any level. Whether he still has them is something I highly question, and with the constant false promises of shipping, refusal to send even unassembled parts to their owners, at no cost to him, I doubt that even if he DOES have them, that he plans on shipping them to any of us. I've given up hoping to get mine.

It sucks that we're all out our sabers and our money. It sucks that Ultra is out all of his. It sucks that someone we all trusted and admired has decided to shaft us. Mostly, it sucks how badly this has tainted the entire custom saber community. Lessons learned.

out of our money? i dont think so, there is a thing called the law

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2009, 11:35:37 PM »
Of course there is. But how do you pursue this? If Derek is in as bad a shape as he claims, going after him legally would be pointless, and the legal fees would cost as much as the sabers. If not Derek, then who? Ultra? Ultra is getting the raw end of this deal as much as all of us. And I'm sure if we all said we just want our money back, he'd refund it. But a lot of us have other things we've paid for, like shipping, the US boards, their upgrades, AND the install fee, as well as shipping costs that some of us paid Derek for already. I don't feel it's right to throw all of that on Ultra, when this isn't really his fault. Sure, I'm frustrated at the lack of constant communication on this particular matter, but I don't hold him responsible for Derek's actions.

This is just a huge mess, and cleaning it up may be impossible, especially with no cooperation from Derek...

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2009, 07:27:22 AM »
Reaver is correct.  Legal action from the customers probably wouldn't do any good and in fact, may hinder Alex's ability to resolve the issue.  Hullbreach has a good point too...Alex will need to exhast every possible option he has before he takes matters into his own hands.  Giving Alex enough time to do so is pretty important.   He's hurt by this too and re-releasing a line of sabers (in the event that Derek in a "no-show") would be a huge a operational loss for him.

Your best bet is to wait for Alex.

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2009, 01:11:47 PM »
Your best bet is to wait for Alex.
I'd think that, in literally some cases (bane), years would be enough time for things to "get sorted". Nothing personal against UltraSabers LLC, but timeliness is something that's been hit or miss for them. Look at the last 2 or 3 saber runs. Look at almost every Ultrasound release. Me personally, I'm about 50/50. Sometimes things go wormhole, sometimes not. Now, I'm not doubting Ultrasabers commitment on making things right, or their great customer service, or specifically Ultra's word. That's been proven gold over and over again, but you better set aside some serious patience for the wait. I know like everything else in life things hicuup and things don't go smoothly according to plan, but months and months and months? Really? ??? 

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2009, 01:27:55 PM »
I'm back from vacation.
I've read myself in a bit.
I believe that Ultra will fix this, cause the company is big and trustworthy.
I bought a few times there and I'm planning to do it again in the near future, when the new Hasbro's are coming out.
I do believe we have to give Alex more time.
I'm sure he'll keep his finger on the matter now and is working on it.
It takes time, and I can wait a few months longer,,... xxx, I've waited almost two years already.
Also the insurance he gave us, to give us our money back,... I believe that.
I also understand, that it is better for him to take the Overlord instead of that money.

Yes, I also feel bad for Derek.
I can understand that situations can change, and this went way to much over his head.
I do think Darth Tyranus had to come out for that and ask for help much earlier.
Pride, well maybe, but I can understand that aslo.
In the end Derek has lost all of his pride and we've got to read all of his  problems, and I really feel bad for him.
Yes, he had to come forward with the fact it went to big for him,  and Ultra had to stap in and fix this.
I would have payed some money again to the person who would have taken the job, that way Ultra and we (costumors) would have split the damage, and I think with me a lot more of you guy's.

It's sad that this situation went so ugly like it is now.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2009, 01:38:13 PM »
I'd have to agree with Shadeslinger here. There is patience, and there is patience. I myself have seen how Ultrasabers goes out of their way to make things right, so I have no doubt as to their integrity and service to customers. But something has been fishy about this situation since before the US 2.1 upgrade. How many months ago was that? How long would I, as a business owner, sit and wait for someone to get in gear before I step in and make it right myself? This has been dragging on far too long, and I really feel that we, as customers, are being neglected. "Be patient" is no substitute for communication. It was great to hear from Ultra on this subject a while back, but it seems like we should be hearing things more often. Even if there is nothing huge to report, a sitrep of any kind would be better than the cold shoulder. I think it would do a lot to quell the uprising. Once a week, maybe twice, just to say "Hey guys, here's what's up..." I don't want to wait to hear next summer that something is finally being done about it. mistakes have been made all over, but now it's time to remedy them. Telling people to stay in a holding pattern for an undisclosed amount of time isn't the way to do it...

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2009, 01:54:13 PM »
My post was to draw a comparision between which was the better option, waiting on Alex or pursing legal action...and I stand by my post.  Waiting on Alex is BETTER than trying to purse legal action. 

I never said that 2 years of waiting (or even months of waiting) was acceptable.  But you have to hope that Alex is doing something about it.  Ultra's last post on this forum was over two weeks ago.  Maybe he's working on it (?)

But ultimately, Alex is (and probably will be) the one to reticfy the situation.

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2009, 01:55:53 PM »
Ahem. Ultrasabers has been moving, and from my last PM that process is still ongoing.
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=19028.0

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

retrousse