fiduciary

Author Topic: Anakin ROTS "plastic" FFX vs. Anakin ROTS "metal" FFX  (Read 30020 times)

Offline cylon

• No Force
  • blah
Re: Anakin ROTS "plastic" FFX vs. Anakin ROTS "metal" FFX
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2006, 11:11:05 PM »
i think this "plastic vs. metal" thing is kind of silly.. at first i was all concerned that i have the plastic one. (i bought it in late 2005, but at borders... so who knows how long it had sat there)  but i honestly can't tell the difference between the two in the pictures shown.  it seems like the weight is the only big issue.. and im guessing MR just put some lead weights in there to stop people from moaning about it.

i can't tell if i have a plastic one or a metal one.. all i know is that the anakin rots was my first saber, and it was xxx cool when i first opened it, and i never spent a second thinking that it was under weight until these threads showed up talking about "metal"

i think im going to start a rumor that the darth maul has a new revision that has 65 leds in the blade instead of 64, and see how many people go out and buy new sabers just so they can sleep at night.

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2006, 12:04:30 AM »
I think that you are taking it the wrong way, no one is saying that the "Plastic" version is inferior, but it is true that there is a revised version of the Anakin ROTS version out there :)

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2006, 02:42:15 PM »
I have both. you can deinitely tell the difference in weight when holding them side by side. but cosmetically there's not much difference
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline cylon

• No Force
  • blah
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2006, 06:01:41 PM »
I think that you are taking it the wrong way, no one is saying that the "Plastic" version is inferior, but it is true that there is a revised version of the Anakin ROTS version out there :)

there is definitely a mentality on these boards that the "plastic" is inferior.  several people have already said that they've bought two (first a plastic then a metal).  i mean, ill admit that if i was buying an anakin for the first time the metal version would be the one i want, but it seems really silly for people to buy a second one because it isnt the newest, shiniest, most heaviest saber.

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2006, 06:08:22 PM »
I'll agree that the general mentality is that the metal, second version of the saber is superior. I think it's more people wanting a better product than one that is possibly inferior. The thing here is that the plastic, first release is not inferior. It has it's strong points that the second release does not from what I've been able to tell in my two sabers (I didn't get the second release because I thought the first was a weaker product, I simply wanted a double of this saber for dueling). Overall the first release is easier to wield and probably better for those who will be dueling. Mine has a bit brighter of a blade, too, than the second release.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 08:13:29 PM by Aayla Secura »
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2006, 04:07:31 PM »
Its only the mentality, not necessarily the truth. ;)

Offline todd4566

• Force User
  • I'm thinking.
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2006, 01:13:04 PM »
there is definitely a mentality on these boards that the "plastic" is inferior.  several people have already said that they've bought two (first a plastic then a metal).  i mean, ill admit that if i was buying an anakin for the first time the metal version would be the one i want, but it seems really silly for people to buy a second one because it isnt the newest, shiniest, most heaviest saber.

I agree.  I also bought the Anakin ROTS @ Borders when I saw them there, and I have the plastic one.  Since the blade holder and electronics haven't been changed in the revision, there really isn't any reason to say the "metal" one is better.  The two Anakin's would be better labeled as "light" & "slightly heavier."
My collection:
2002 Anakin AOTC
2003 Vader ANH  **Sold**
2004 Luke ESB  **Sold**
2005 Anakin ROTS **Sold**
2005 Vader ESB **Sold**
2005 Luke ROTJ **Sold**
2006 Maul TPM
Custom 5w Luxeon (Green/Royal Blue)
2006 Obi-Wan ROTS  **Sold**
2007 Yoda
2007 Luke ANH
2008 Obi-Wan TPM
2010 Anakin ROTS (Removeable Blade)

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2006, 10:58:29 AM »
Yeah, that's why I've been referring to them as Version 1 and Version 2. "Plastic" and "Metal" don't properly describe these two versions at all. I'd say that version 2 is quite a bit heavier than just "slightly heavier."
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2006, 11:01:43 AM »
But then again, compared to a single Maul FX they're both light. :D

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2006, 11:13:18 AM »
I can't contest that.  :D
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Jedi Ollie

• Force User
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2006, 12:19:54 PM »
I'm certain that I have the metal version. The bunny ears are made of metal and I can feel the weight is mainly in the hilt.

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2006, 07:48:07 AM »
so if i recently bought (but haven't recieved) an anakin ROTS, which one am i more likely to get? metal? plastic? version 3?

cause i really want the 3 kilo 24k gold plated one! lol
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 10:34:42 AM by Joclad Danva »
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2006, 10:35:43 AM »
All new Anakin FX's are the newer "metal" ones...they haven't made the "plastic" version since they first came out last year. ;)

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2006, 10:48:02 AM »
yes, but how likely is that the store (or any store) still sells the first editon ones?  are they all sold or maybe there could be some left? anyway thanks for the feedback, i certainly hope is the 2nd or 3rd edition (metal metal METAL!!!!) hahaha
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2006, 11:20:07 AM »
I would say it's highly unllikely as the Anakin's sold so well when the first run was being produced. I most certainly wouldn't worry about it.  8)

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

retrousse