fiduciary

Author Topic: CFX Neopixel constant swings and clashes  (Read 596 times)

Offline z0civic

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
CFX Neopixel constant swings and clashes
« on: March 01, 2020, 10:21:50 AM »
I recently finished a Graflex 2.5 build using a CFX board. There's a single Neopixel for the crystal chamber and a Neopixel blade. When I ignite the saber, there's almost always immediately tons of swings and clashes. It does it even when the battery is fully charged (I'm using a Sony Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 15A 3120mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery from TCSS). I usually have to use the kill key to turn off the saber, because if I try to push or hold the ACT switch, it just locks up. I have my board wired to only use the ACT switch, no AUX (with switch=3 in the config file).

I say almost always, because sometimes I can get it to ignite just fine (maybe like 1 time out of 10). If I go and choose a different sound font, that can sometimes help, but other times the problem persists anyway.

I noticed lots of other people have been having similar problems. Was wondering what the deal might be?

I am on the latest firmware from the site and have tried using debug mode and Docklight to see if I can figure out what's going on, but it doesn't give me as much information as I'd like (was trying to see what the accelerometers were doing).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this also happens regardless of if I have the blade attached or not.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 10:26:43 AM by z0civic »

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
Re: CFX Neopixel constant swings and clashes
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 10:42:25 AM »
Erv will likely provide better info when he has a chance (don’t know how he has time to evolve the bird with how quickly he provides guidance here!)

In the meantime, I had a similar issue that turned out to be a likely issue with the gyro. If you use the latest RICE app from his site, there is a new readout on the last tab that monitors the gyro output (what you meant by accelerometer.)  this is an easy place to start.

Next, try turning on debugging and capture the boot and some movement (via dock light or similar, or even the max console that comes with the RICE app.)  there is good direction on using rice and capturing output at the end of the latest version of the manual.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 11:54:40 AM »
You might have damaged the charge pump of the sensor. I put a possible fix in the file section of the official cfx group on Facebook (troubleshooting document). I have to place this here as well didn't have the time.
You might be able to fix it by replacing the gyro capacitor by a smaller value

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 11:56:42 AM »
See the thread by angelOmega

retrousse