fiduciary

Author Topic: Greetings exalted ones  (Read 516 times)

Offline Data790

• No Force
  • I am about as much use as a chocolate fire guard!
Greetings exalted ones
« on: August 09, 2020, 06:15:06 AM »
Hi Folks,

So I have a couple of questions regarding the Stardust V3 stream. Firstly, i accidently knocked off the onboard USB - but Jakesoft was very kind enough to suggest using the break out USB board (take this moment to apologise for using YouTube to reach out to him). So this I have done and tried to connect to STREAM. It doesn't find a COM port. I tried again using a USB2 on my older laptop - it can find the WT588D which is USB 2 specific. Failing this I tried to pull down the FS-SaberOS from Protonerd on github and see if I could use Arduino IDE to make a connection. This also failed to upload.

So I guess my main question is if anyone has seen this before and how did they resolve the issue? I have followed th GitHub manual by Protonerd in regards to wiring, IDE set up and loading the libraries. The board still works fine and it boots up when i connect the USB. But that is as far as I seem to have got.

On a side note, I recently got into making my own hilt designs using the 3D printer. If anyone is interested I am more than happy to share the designs for follks to tinker with - free of course.

Sorry for the long intro, and if this has already been answered then my sincere apologies - I had a look but limited on time due to work commitments (yes, weekends appear to be work days also for me).

MTFBWY
Marc
Not that kind of a doctor!

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
    • Universal Saber Library
Re: Greetings exalted ones
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 01:09:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Post up your question in the Protowerkstatt section and we'll try to get you sorted.

Protowerkstatt

Offline Data790

• No Force
  • I am about as much use as a chocolate fire guard!
Re: Greetings exalted ones
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 05:04:02 AM »
Hi JakeSoft,

I didn't realize there was a specific post for this. Thank you for correcting me. I shall repost there.

Cheers again, squire.
Not that kind of a doctor!

retrousse