fiduciary

Author Topic: Asclepius CF 4.3 Upgrade, Graflex DIY Kit MH Install Review and Vid  (Read 4165 times)

Offline GreyJedi

• Master Force User
Very excited to have my first CF saber! MH did a great job with the install, so I wanted to give him a great review and show it all off. Enjoy!

DoClo Custom Machined 'Asclepius'
CF 4.3
Royal Blue Tri-Rebel with White FoC
"Crystal Pommel"
Sound Fonts: Novastar, Rain Sizzle, Shoto, Afterburn, Hero, Episode 3 ObiAni.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:50:22 PM by GreyJedi »

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
Re: Asclepius CF 4.3 Upgrade, Graflex DIY Kit MH Install Review and Vid
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 05:53:50 PM »
Nice upgrade!

The graflex has a PC right? They can have some random swings if the PC isn't sitting upright, so when you showed it sitting on its side, the ball bearings were probably triggering the swings. You can change the settings to make it better.  :D You should also be able to make the clash setting higher so it will trigger.

Overall, very nice upgrades. Congrats!

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline Cristar Attevan

• Experienced Force User
  • Virtus et decus.
    • Yannus Furzon Saberworks
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:04:41 PM »
Asclepius is looking really good, Grey! The blade color works great, and goes well with the crystal chamber pommel and lighted switch. The metal switch also melds well with the band and shell/overlay. Cool design... and congrats on your first CF!

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 06:11:36 PM »
Congrats on your first CF saber! Awesome job MH! :)

Offline GreyJedi

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 06:21:02 PM »
Thanks guys, I will alway treasure this saber. Part because I totally designed it myself, part because it spent a year in Afghanistan with someone I love as a good luck charm, and part because DoClo really isnt machining much anymore. Anyone privileged enough to have one of his hilts should really treasure it too.

And everyone always loves their first Crystal Focus :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:59:19 AM by GreyJedi »

Offline JediUlinMarek

• No Force
  • Go Padawan. You must walk a different path.
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 06:22:46 PM »
Dude, I am actually SO jealous of you right now... Like, you dont even know... that has got to be the most beautiful saber I have ever seen... That is gorgeous, and you are a very lucky person my friend! I hope I can build a saber 1/2 as nice as that some day... EDIT: just read your post. I assume you spent time over seas in the forces. My thanks for your contribution to making the world a better place, and there should be more people like you. My uncle also recently got home from Afghanistan, so that whole situation holds a special place in my heart.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:25:44 PM by JediUlinMarek »
"Most powerful is he who controls his own power."
"It takes a strong man to fall to the dark side, but it takes an even stronger man to stay true to the light."
-Ulin Marek

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 06:28:18 PM »
Yeah like I mentioned in the video I did for you the problem with the graflex and that chassis is the board is sideways in it.  That pretty much puts the ball at one end and causes a lot of errant swings.  If you turn it where the board is flat it should act normal.  Just one of those things with mechanical sensors.  It could also be that one of the balls is stuck because that happens sometimes.  You can bang it a little to see if you can loosen it up.  

Also the clash was working but it had to be hit hard because the sensor was mounted to the board (came that way) and when the plastic surround was put on it made the sensor snug.  The mechanical clash sensors do not like to be snugly mounted or they will not trigger very well.  Again a flaw of the mechanical sensors.

I am glad you are pleased with them (minus the flaws of the mechanical sensors...I have no control over that).

Grey Jedi knows this but I figured I would share.  

I made a mount and mounted the speaker at the button (facing the board toward the pommel).  This allowed access to the SD card at the pommel.  The way it was built originally didn't allow this because the speaker mount was past the recharge port and you would have had to take the recharge port out, then pull the speaker out just to get to the SD card.  Now all he has to do is pull the pommel off and there it is.

I was worried it would cause false swings or be muffled but neither was the case and it sounds very nice and loud.

Enjoy the sabers and thank you so much for the kind words
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:31:14 PM by MH »

Offline Lord Dracus

• Master Force User
  • "The force is mine to command."
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »
 Congrats Greyjedi on an awesome upgrade to one sweet saber !!! I remember when Do-Clo first made this saber. One of his finest creations. Great work as always MH... ;D

Offline Aginor

• Formerly known as Sidewinder
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 02:49:34 PM »
Love the look of this hilt :o it's got to be one of my favorites

Offline Fallen_Jedi_EDiT

• Force User
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 03:29:23 PM »
Thanks guys, I will alway treasure this saber. Part because I totally designed it myself, part because it spent a year in Afghanistan with someone I love as a good luck charm, and part because DoClo really isnt machining much anymore. Anyone privileged enough to have one of his hilts should really treasure it too.

And everyone always loves their first Crystal Focus :)

Man where to begin. The saber extrudes awesome. Made by Doclo, Designed by you, Has luck quality, and gets a CF upgrade? Great job to MH, and congrats on a solid saber Grey!

retrousse