Up for your viewing pleasure today is a custom saber based off a past build- Azazâ€™el. The Client approached me asking for a simpler, yet solid looking hilt for his costume. He desired my trademark â€œRaxus Weatheringâ€ and Novastarâ€™s Rezblade as the main features of the build. With these concepts in mind, I designed a saber to look more as a solid blunt piece, rather than an aggressive light design. I took influence from the idea of a club or axe, as they are heavy- yet deadly weapons or useful tools. Sama'el is the name of a mythological demon, which I found appropriate, as it is in a way, brother to Azaz'el.
This saber has various little features which truly add to the completeness of the hilt. All the grip bands are held in place not with glue, but rather micro 4-40 set screws from the inside of the hilt. As you can imagine, this was quite difficult with the inner bands. The speaker is mounted in the dead center of the saber, and sound vents are drilled out under the angled shroud. This has created a reverse sound affect, where the sound comes out around the entire hilt, not just the pommel. Samaâ€™el is powered with a 14650 7.4 Li-ion pack- running the Plecterlabs Petit crouton v2.0. I am very satisfied with this saber, and as always, it was an immense pleasure to build.
- Custom MHS Based Hilt with custom overlays
- Shrouds held in place w/ hidden 4-40 set screws
- Raxus weathering and sealed with matte Clear powder coat
- RRB Tri-Rebel with the Blue wired for FOC
- Petit Crouton v2.0 w/ â€œResbladeâ€ by Novastart
- Reverse Sound effect w/ a 2W megaBass speaker
- 14650 Li-ion Pack
- Weathered AV 16mm switchSama'el Custom Lightsaber w/ Petit Crouton v2.0