fiduciary

Author Topic: Usefullnes of fancy lightsaber spins ???  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
Re: Usefullnes of fancy lightsaber spins ???
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 08:05:02 PM »
Honestly, evrybody wants to do a spin when they start, since they look so freakin' sweeet in the movies. But just try this test and you'll see it for what it is. Have a friend try an attack while you do a spin to attack him. I can guarantee you will die every time. But it sure does look cool doing it!

Now, I don't agree, my cousin and I have dueled and when one of us spins really fast (mostly me :D) the other person my back off out of fear of being wacked in the face :D

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 11:35:23 PM »
I usually duel with two sabers for the most part my Luke ROTJ and ESB. They both make a good combinations of heavy and light. I don't take kendo but I do take Kuk Sool Won learning mostly so far the Bo Staff so a Darth Maul would serve me good but I love the Sword most of all.

Offline Hang Tuah Kenobi

• Experienced Force User
  • play nice with me
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 02:13:27 AM »
look at the way Luke wields his lightsaber in OT, we dont see spins and fancy moves, he just go nuts and swings his saber around (like in the sarlacc pit battle in rotj)..

Offline Sonikku

• No Force
  • Death to the Jedi!
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 12:56:25 PM »
I know someone online that hates the part of Episode 3 where Anakin and OB1 are twirling thier lightsabers while standing RIGHT in front of each other. He says it looks fake and very stupid, even if the twiriling looked pretty cool.

Allow me to take you to a place were battle rages across a torn galaxy and evil transcends imagination...

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 09:00:12 AM »
I know someone online that hates the part of Episode 3 where Anakin and OB1 are twirling thier lightsabers while standing RIGHT in front of each other. He says it looks fake and very stupid, even if the twiriling looked pretty cool.

I know what you mean. I don't necessarily "hate it" but it does confuse me, so.  The first time watching the movie I was just like, "COOL!" but the next few times I saw it I was just looking at them spinning and saying to myself, "what the heck to they intend to accomplish with that?"

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 01:31:33 PM »
Yeah, it was kind of pointless :)

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2006, 08:54:40 PM »
that's true kenobi, I personally think that ROTJ was cool and how luke did just swing that saber like crazy. With the Episodes, it's more show off and flash with lightsabers. I personally think it's freakin sweet but then again it takes away from what starwars really is. Also yeah the Darth Maul is heavy indeed and my arms are noodles right now from making those video's I almost hit the camera durning the second video I posted. I have at least 8 years of Martial Arts experience and yes I believe that when it comes down to the Sword attack is the only means not fliping your sword around.

retrousse