fiduciary

Author Topic: Feedback for Ducos Rossis  (Read 18711 times)

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
Feedback for Ducos Rossis
« on: December 13, 2010, 07:34:25 AM »
I bought some parts from Ducos Rossis.
Communication was great.
Packaging was very well done.
I would definitely do business with him again.

5/5
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

Offline okiwan

• Buzz Killington award!
  • Master Force User
  • do or do not. there is no try.
Re: Feedback for Ducos Rossis
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 07:40:31 PM »
got one of his holocrons.
communication was excellent
very generous of extras
packaged very safely.
happy with product.  ;D
/sarcasm

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 01:43:50 AM »
Got my sith holocron from Ducos. It was packed well, showed up as described, but turned out to be WAY better in person! Thanks again good sir! A better 5 of 5 score, there is not.

Offline Chowser

• Master Force User
  • Greetings Program!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 10:35:28 AM »
Did a trade with Ducos Rossis this week!  Everything was perfect!

5/5

Offline cordaroyfog

• Master Force User
  • Just your friendly neighborhood Fog...
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 06:09:03 PM »
Purchased a Luke ESB Saber as well as commissioned a Crystal Chamber Chassis for my Original Graflex, best communication, excellent work and price. 5/5

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 10:44:33 AM »
Traded some MHS parts with Ducos Rossis.
Everything was in great condition.
Shipping was fast and very well packed.
Communication was excellent.
Definitely another 5/5
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 12:32:31 PM »
Recieved my sith Holocron from Rossis 5/5 transaction.  He was kind enough to keep me updated with the status of the project, which was much appreciated.

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 05:01:46 PM »
Recently traded a dual empty maul and conversion kit for a saber of his.  Communication and shipping were both lightning fast!

5/5  Thanks man!
Support our Font Makers!

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 04:27:46 PM »
I'm currently having DR do upgrades for 5 sabers, and so far the collaboration and communication are exceptional- I really couldn't ask for anything more- full review will come in a week or 2, but I am beyond stoked with the process so far! 5/5 for communication.

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 06:32:13 AM »
I've had a ton of work done by Ducos Rossis and every single thing has been outstanding!

MR/Hasbro Darth Vader conversion and upgrade - 5/5
MR/Hasbro Anakin ROTS conversion and upgrade - 5/5
Custom Sith Holocron - 5/5
Wiring and upgrades to my TCSS contest saber - 5/5

Great guy to work with, knows his stuff and works super fast. Always a pleasure!

Offline Brent72

• No Force
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 09:06:46 AM »
Ross just upgraded my ESB Vader FX and did a fantastic job. Very quick turnaround and shipping.

Offline Sidd

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 03:32:38 PM »
I had a deal with Ducos Rossis to trade MHS parts and hilt electronics for one of his custom Sith Holocrons

The parts were sent a month and a half ago and I have gotten several assurances in the past 3 weeks that "the holocron will ship tomorrow" and one "it shipped yesterday", this was a week and a half ago.

I have asked for a tracking number on a couple of occasions as well as a picture of it in progress, both were promise but none received.

I have also made the Moderators staff aware of this issue and Jango told me it was noted in the council.

::EDIT 7/16/2011::
Ducos has contacted me in an attempts to make amends, I will update with additional information as it is available

::EDIT 7/23/2011::
I finally received my package.  Included was about half of the items I sent as part of the trade as well as the holocron.  When I plugged in the Holocron to my computer the drive seems to be damaged.  I am unable to read the drive volume or format it.  Probable cause is damage from static discharge.

Over all my rating for this deal is 3/5 since it did take so long and in the end the holocron was damaged.  The saving grace is i did get a majority of the original trade items back.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:20:42 AM by Sidd »
User requested permanent ban 03/14/14

Offline Son of suns

• Force User
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 11:31:58 AM »
I sent him a 2010 obi wan for a conversion with some paint and a louder speaker. It came out way more amazing what I had imagined. Communication was excellent, he is a very cool down to earth sabersmith. It was completed and sent to my front door in two weeks ! The craftsmanship was great and I can't put the thing down ! His new nickname is Dr. Rossus the mad scientist, I will definitely recommend his services to close friends. Glams coming soon btw.

5/5
Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.

Offline DJ4428

• Experienced Force User
    • Jedi Journey
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 11:14:23 AM »
Under-rated saber smith that will eventually be recognized for his great work.  He works very hard as well and takes advantage of every saber building minute he has.  Doesn't procrastinate whatsoever...which can be deadly when paying for work in advance.

I got my first saber back in the hobby from him and I love it.  Since I'm local., he's walking me through doing the electronics on my first PC-U in a hilt I made.  We were supposed to do it yesterday but I couldn't find a babysitter in time.  Hoping to get up there ASAP. 

Sabers I own/made:  ancient "Ossus" w/US 2.5 + rebel green
Larbel graflex w/ PC-U,  p4 blue, yoda chassis kit.  Anh Luke
In the mail-- super v3 plus red makoto w/2.0 sound. Sss hilt. 
Projects--rotj v2 luke, mhs custom 10w w/foc + ignition

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 06:19:15 PM »
DR has upgraded 4 sabers fpr me, with a 5th still requiring some extra work.  As I'm short on time, I'll have to do pics later.  First off, we were able to set up a barter for labor, and I supplied the parts for a pretty lengthy list of work-

1. MHS-based V2, originally crafted by LDM.  PC install, battery upgrade, and blinkies in the control box.  Ross adjusted the PC for me, pre-open era, and then removed it, sent it in for unlocking, then re-installed it, for the same bid price!  WOW.  He also adjusted the blinkies from under the circuit board to drill-out sided ones (for the arrow look)- a thought that I hadn't expressed in the custom order- again, no charge.   The saber is now running Madcow Hero, with a custom boot font, and is louder than before too.  Aux button, on/off slider, and blinkies all fit into a graflex clamp.  I am beyond stoked with this one

2. Shien 7 cyan stunt upgrade.  I bought this off of the namesake builder as a stunt, and Ross added, removed, unlocked, and re-installed a PC w/ shadow sister and a custom boot.  He also added a new green ring AV an a LED pommel.  It looks extra fancy with my Ace/Wat- Obi #6 pommel installed.

3. Anakin redux*2.  This was a conversion by zukuto skykiller that I had re-jedi-ed for my son.  Black texture was removed, the hilt was polished down to the copper, a blue LED installed, a glass-eye bottom and copper buttoned top were added, and new t-grips were installed.  My son's reaction was jaw-dropping stupor.

4. Black Majic #7.  This was a stunt with sound from Gemini Concepts and JGJ.  I'd wanted a super bright yellow or amber in it, and we tried a 10 watt from mouser- as it was orangey, went with a 200 lumens white w/ filters to give a solid yellow to it.  A yellow ring AV was added, and the old switch hole was made into an open view crystal chamber.  a sink tube/mhs converter was added to add on a new pommel, and the hilt gained a recharge pommel port too.  Nice balance and new personality to a well-loved saber.

5. JSS copper proto-type.  This came from JSS via e-bay, with some new elements- it is still in progress.

Communication has been excellent and rapid with Ducos Rossis as he's worked with me through 5 custom orders at once.  5/5

Flexibility- Ross has bent over backwards, from the PC reinstall (which he did just because he thought that was the good thing to do), to modification of building plans.  And this was brokered for a hilt for labor (which he easily exceeded with work on his end).  I really starting to get a better idea as to what I want in a custom, and might go there with a Heiland-Vintage-Vader scheme. 5/5

Time/turn-around.  There were a few set back with the builds, mainly over the PC unlocks, and figuring out a plan b for the 10 watt amber.  That, plus the fact that I'm gone for a week at a time for work, led to this project stretching out to 2 months, and for 5 sabers, it was worth the wait. 5/5

I highly recommend Ducos Rossis as a builder and collaborator.

retrousse