fiduciary

Author Topic: Guylo Ren's first saber- final part  (Read 808 times)

Offline Guylo Ren

• Padawan Learner
  • Hi to all,dark side & light alike!
Guylo Ren's first saber- final part
« on: September 19, 2022, 09:03:44 AM »
Here it is,everybody: my finished Jedi Killer.

Chassis removal as follows:

Ignited with blade plug:

Blade plug removal:

Blade in & ignited:

All that remains is to shoot a demo video,& it's finally finished... Haven't quite processed that fact yet.😳

Massive thanks are due to so many people who have helped me through this build- sorry if I forget anyone:

At work: Ben,Alwyn,Ken,Gareth,
Ady,Erik- all machining gurus,& my mentors throughout,you guys have collectively taught me more than I can ever put into words.THANK YOU.🙏🏻
& Tommy,for cutting random tubes & chunks of metal on the bandsaw for me!😁👍🏻
Huge props to AA Anodising of Skipton,North Yorkshire for the beautiful anodised finish (which I then proceeded to destroy with my weathering!).
To everyone here on the forum & elsewhere who has helped me with technical advice,how-to tips,& general tolerance & encouragement- the threads are here for all to see,thank you guys (particularly Megtooth Sith,nosloppy,Nerf Herder & kagetsume).🙏🏻
All electronic components were purchased through JQ Sabers & KR Sabers here in the UK- huge thanks guys,& a special mention  to Khal for being kind enough to sell me his own personal KRORssguard blade plug to complete the Jedi Killer's front end,so that it sits alongside its big brother; cheers mate!🙏🏻

And to my long-suffering former partner; without her tireless support,tolerance & motivation,I would have given up on this project long ago.💔

Two & a half years ago,I looked at the amazing Jedi Killer Sword concept painting by Lee Oliver on page 168 of the Art Of Star Wars: The Force Awakens book,& thought,I SO want that saber...

...& here it is.

Thank you all so much for your support,everybody.
MTFBWY.

Guy.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 03:14:28 PM by Guylo Ren »

Offline Guylo Ren

• Padawan Learner
  • Hi to all,dark side & light alike!
Re: Guylo Ren's first saber- final part
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 11:21:02 AM »
Finally shot a couple of videos,everyone- never YouTubed before,& only shot on my phone so not exactly pro standard,but hope you enjoy:

Cheers for looking!

Guy.

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 08:51:09 AM »
Amazing work from start to finish.  Been watching this progress, nice to see it finished and In such exquisite detail. Excellent job buddy. Now…. on to the next one! :tongue:

Greenie.

Offline Darth Hideous

• No Force
  • Shouldn't we do a wave or something??!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2023, 12:47:38 AM »
What an excellent piece of work! Just started my first build in PVC for my kid, not nearly as intricate as your design!
I love the integration of the kyber crystal and how it flashes when you shutdown the saber, that is a nice piece of detail you've added!

Cheers!

retrousse