fiduciary

Author Topic: JGJSabers Brass Saber 28 (BS-28)  (Read 5154 times)

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
JGJSabers Brass Saber 28 (BS-28)
« on: May 16, 2014, 09:13:21 AM »
I know it's been a long time (over a year now) since I have posted a completed build,  but this one had a long history of being put on hold either by the owner or myself for various personal reasons. Based on my own CS-X saber,  this one will be a trooping saber,  so there's nothing too fancy about it. The owner costumes as Scorch the Delta Squad Republic Commando,  so the color scheme was borrowed from his armor motif,  black, silver, and yellow.  sorry,  there is no crystal chamber reveal,  or even much of a chassis in this one (I used my standard half-chassis to secure the sound board) and no color-changing blade. So here it is,

BS-28:

AUX button mounted using my old-fashioned pvc c-clip method (no 3d printed parts were used in this build ;D):

The rear grip cut-out was inspired by the T-visor on the RC helmet:

Youtube Video: Jay-gon Jinn's Brass Saber 28 (BS-28) - YouTube
Specs:
- MHSv1 parts,  w/Orbital Machining Obi-TPM pommel
- Petit Crouton 2.0 w/PeX
- Tri-rebel rBrBW w/white FoC
- 7.4v Li-ion removable/replaceable battery packs
- Full R.I.C.E capabilities
- Black enamel baked-on finish
- Brass sleeve (uncoated)
- 35" TCSS Transwhite blade w/round illuminated tip
- 2W TCSS Mega bass speaker
- Illuminated momentary AV switch

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
Re: JGJSabers Brass Saber 28 (BS-28)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 09:21:17 AM »
Always loving the brass and that T-visor cutout is the perfect touch for a troopers saber! BRAVO!
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 10:08:08 AM »
I really miss your work, Jay. You continue to inspire me in this hobby. This one is just as solid as the rest. Good job.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline Wildcard

• Master Force User
  • This is an ex-parrot.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 10:19:57 AM »
Beautiful saber; I really like the overall style, and the wonderful brass sleeve over the black enamel.

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 10:35:58 AM »
Can I say , I love this Brass! That's shiny! :o the lines break it up just enough.

The motif rocks. That's a lucky guy!

MTFBWY

Offline Starwinder

• Master Force User
  • I don't like sand...
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 11:16:23 AM »
Love this - so pretty and clean!  And man that T-visor is spot on.

Offline Johannes Huber

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 01:09:56 PM »
Wonderful design and lots of subtle neat stuff (I didn't even notice the "T" cut in the shroud until it was pointed out...). I don't think it needs a crystal chamber or anything like that, the design stands on its own without these things and does just great. Your sabers are always an inspiration but one question: Where do you find that cool brass shroud material? I've been all over Online Metals and several other pipe/tube sites trying to find the right ID tubes in brass or copper to slide neatly over the MHS v1 parts with no luck... Inquiring minds want to know...please? ;)

Offline Greebles

• Formerly known as Codeweasel
  • Master Force User
  • “You must unlearn what you have learned.”
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 02:49:39 PM »
I like it!

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 02:50:25 PM »
Wonderful design and lots of subtle neat stuff (I didn't even notice the "T" cut in the shroud until it was pointed out...). I don't think it needs a crystal chamber or anything like that, the design stands on its own without these things and does just great. Your sabers are always an inspiration but one question: Where do you find that cool brass shroud material? I've been all over Online Metals and several other pipe/tube sites trying to find the right ID tubes in brass or copper to slide neatly over the MHS v1 parts with no luck... Inquiring minds want to know...please? ;)

I am certain QGJ will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it to be plain old 1.5" sinktube, available straight from TCSS, and sanded down.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 02:53:08 PM »
wow it has indeed been ages since we saw a completed bs saber
great work, i love the shroud
good to know your still doing these

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 06:05:32 PM »

I am certain QGJ will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it to be plain old 1.5" sinktube, available straight from TCSS, and sanded down.
While that is certainly one way to do it, I have always preferred to "work smarter, not harder," and I'm getting a bit lazy in my older years now, so I find it much easier to start with. 22ga., non-chrome plated raw brass tailpiece extension in the first place.  ;D

Knight50

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 06:24:42 PM »
That's a beautiful hilt you have there, QGJ. I especially like the grip cut out....brilliant

Offline E13azar

• Experienced Force User
  • Never tell me the odds!
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 06:52:34 PM »
Love the brass

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 12:40:16 AM »
What a treat to see this, Jay. One can view a million crystal chambers and 3D modeled builds, but the classics always stand the test of time. Your sabers will always have a place in the hobby. Practical and down to earth workhorses!!

retrousse