fiduciary

Author Topic: 1 1/4" and MHS Hybrid Saber "Mini-Run"  (Read 8987 times)

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
1 1/4" and MHS Hybrid Saber "Mini-Run"
« on: December 03, 2012, 09:46:43 PM »
I will be doing a "mini-run" of some simple 1 1/4" tubing/MHS hybrid sabers like this:

I am doing these for a relative before Christmas and there will be at least one extra that will be auctioned off or simply sold in the Trade Federation when completed. This topic will cover the construction of all four of these,  and these may serve as the basis for a few more that I could take limited orders for if there was enough interest.

Offline KettTares

• Force User
Re: 1 1/4" and MHS Hybrid Saber "Mini-Run"
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 12:17:25 AM »
I would be very interested in one of these! I'll be sending out feelers to my saber peeps as well (especially all my pals who have seen BS-27 in action ;D)
[img width= height=]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z297/Brookin__/CD-LukeV2Club.jpg[/img]
AFBB Obi-Wan Saber by LDM
Brass Saber 27 (BS-27) by Qui-Gon Jinn
Havoc Stunt OSPP by Vader's Vault
Ascend Stunt Ice Blue by Madcow

Offline evilmonkey4

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 03:19:47 AM »
i'm also interested

Offline ScrimpyPIE

• Experienced Force User
  • Guardian's Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 06:00:36 AM »
Wow, that looks awesome. I really like that design. Hmmmm, I must meditate on this matter further. ;)
"Use the fork, Luke!"

"Are they friendly?" - Obi-wan Kenobi
"Depends... On how good your manners are;
and how big your  'pocket-book' is. - Dexter Jettster

Lightsaber collection-
US Raven
Mhs-based Luke RoTJ
Rebellion KotOR run x2
(Original: violet)
(Second-hand: sky blue)
OM/LDM Lego saber run
LDM Custom "Quobi"
GenesisCustom Ascend CF6 run
GenesisCustom Badaxx "Browncoat"
Personal saber "Illum" by Simpi-gon Sims
"Primum V2" by Darthvix/LDM

Offline Fat Ewok

• Master Force User
    • Gamer Professionals, LLC
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 07:30:16 AM »
Ooooh price? That looks nice! And would we be willing to change a small aesthetical aspect of it? I'd looooove a different emitter head. ;) Interested.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 07:47:45 AM »
I have yet to figure exact pricing on these,  and what kind of sound options there will be,  but I'm thinking in the interest of keeping the costs low,  that the only sound option will be a crystal shard and whether or not it has FoC. I will know more once I finish the first three and see just how labor intensive they are....I'm guessing they will be fairly easy to assemble,  and costs should be under $300 for a basic CS w/o FoC.

Since the blade holder is MHS,  any of the ones sold at TCSS can be swapped in place of the prototype's style 5 such as style 8, 9, 10 and 16. I may decide to limit the number of blade holders I will offer on these in the interest of keeping the run simple,  and because the larger style blade holders throw off the aesthetics and balance of the hilt considerably.

The one pictured is also based on a 1 1/4" sink tube,  but the production models will have an aluminum tube base instead.

EDIT:
I also forgot to mention that the prototype is shown with an illuminated AV switch,  the "production" hilts will have a flat top non-illuminated AV instead,  in the interest of lower costs.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:54:39 AM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline Veldryne_Drakx

• Experienced Force User
    • River City Jedi (site still under construction)
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 07:51:26 AM »
Nice, cant wait to see how these turn out.

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Offline blackluc

• Master Force User
  • Lord Saevius
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 08:11:49 AM »
Nice!  I hope foc will be an option!

I am looking forward to this

French Canadian Sith Lord

Offline Fat Ewok

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 08:36:22 AM »
Thanks for that! ;)

And I've never sat in on a run before, but are we allowed to request modifications, or will all factors, once decided, be kept constant to save money? I'd happily drop a bit more if I can change a few things. :P (Like the AV switch :D)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 01:49:29 PM »
Take interest, peeps. QUI-GON's stunts will suit ALL your saberplay needs. I know a guy who has owned a few.  ;)

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 02:52:12 PM »
Thanks for that! ;)

And I've never sat in on a run before, but are we allowed to request modifications, or will all factors, once decided, be kept constant to save money? I'd happily drop a bit more if I can change a few things. :P (Like the AV switch :D)
the plan is to make them all with an AV style switch.  That will streamline the fabrication of the switch body piece,  since I can use.the same set up for all of them.  If you want a lighted AV,  I may add that as an option,  but is like to keep the options to a minimum, not just for coat reasons,  but to keep everything easy to organize.
Take interest, peeps. QUI-GON's stunts will suit ALL your saberplay needs. I know a guy who has owned a few.  ;)
I'll need to finish one of the production models first so I can put it through its paces,  so I can't really say how heavy of dueling they will handle.

Offline Fat Ewok

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 04:11:37 PM »
Depending on timing and cost, I'd love to sit in on this run. It'd be nice to have a saber on the shelf again. :P

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 08:49:13 PM »
Depending on timing and cost, I'd love to sit in on this run. It'd be nice to have a saber on the shelf again. :P
Well,  I plan on being able to do some of the hilts after Christmas,  I have the week off up to new Year's  Day and can work on the hilts then.  I'll have an idea of price and options before then and will start a dedicated topic for that when I am ready,  hopefully in a few days.  I expect a fully loaded crystal Shard model with FoC,  Li-Ion 18650, charger,  illuminated AV switch and  1" thin-wall blade to be somewhere around $365.00,  plus shipping.  Those with Li-Ion cells will not be able to be shipped out of the U.S. unless the rules for doing so at U.S. Postal Service have changed by the time they are finished,  or a buyer is willing to pay for UPS.

Offline Fat Ewok

• Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 08:51:39 PM »
I think I'll definitely be down for that. :) I look forward to seeing the result! Whatever happens with your payment, but if I can shoot a payment either a little bit before Christmas Day or ON/after that period, I can definitely sit on this, because I get my... care money then! :D

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 12:55:59 AM »
Great idea MAster Qui-Gon! :D

retrousse