fiduciary

Author Topic: THE NEW HYPERBLADE SOUND BOARD!!!  (Read 61764 times)

Offline xwingband

• Experienced Force User
Re: THE NEW HYPERBLADE SOUND BOARD!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 03:30:35 PM »
I'd never give Jim Shima a dime of my money, but it does seem like he's finally stepped up the quality of his board.  It sounds pretty good and if it doesn't cost $200+ it will probably do him well enough.

Offline xl97

• Force User
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 03:51:17 PM »
I'd never give Jim Shima a dime of my money, but it does seem like he's finally stepped up the quality of his board.  It sounds pretty good and if it doesn't cost $200+ it will probably do him well enough.

being MORE than a CF wouldnt be a good business move IMHO...  but I guess hes known to be 'expensive'?  so who knows..

Offline LANDO CALRISSIAN

• formerly known as Grayven
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have recently struck a deal with empire
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 04:00:34 PM »
Yeah I think $399.00 is going to be a tad to much for most, even me and maybe even LDM.(I forgot who I was talking about) ;D

All good is just as flawed as all bad. True power lies somewhere in between.
I like spaghetti, You like spaghetti? If so check out the spaghetti party over at judgesabersmith.com

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 04:27:24 PM »
Sounds good. 

With the whole VERO policy, I was always of the opinion that if you're gonna attempt to deny other people the ability to move this hobby forward using this technology, at least offer the community a viable alternative.  So this is a step in the right direction.

But as others have mentioned, for many people there's the issue of affordability, if and when this board is released.  No matter how advanced this board may end up being, $300+ per unit won't exactly make these fly off shelves. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 05:16:03 PM by OBI-WAN KENOBI »

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 05:10:22 PM »
Well at least it doesnt sound like an old vacuum cleaner now  ;)

As for him offering an alternative I guess when your product is twice the cost of the other players' and cant compete in the free market on price nor innovate features just play catch up with what those others were doing two years ago well then right there is a classic example of the kind of motive for litigious twerps and cowards to try to shut others out of the market to prevent competition eh?
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009, 05:57:20 PM »
Nah $399 was for the Vortex system.  And I purchased mine second-hand, not from Jim.  Why it was cheaper and there was no wait period.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009, 06:00:31 PM »
 ;D

can you give us a little sound sample on a video of your vader box?I'm wondering how good it sounds!! :-\

Offline SithlordFaust

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2009, 06:51:49 PM »
I was checking it out on his forums earlier and saw that the soundboard itself doesnt seem to drive the LEDs. it looks to be a seperate module still. Id have thought he would have loosened up and designed a competetive board that works with different tech.
maybe Im wrong, I guess we'll see, although I dont liike his vero practice, Id still welcome another quality SB to help ease the demand weather I bought one or not.

Offline Sohryu76

• Master Force User
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009, 06:56:34 PM »
I was checking it out on his forums earlier and saw that the soundboard itself doesnt seem to drive the LEDs. it looks to be a seperate module still. Id have thought he would have loosened up and designed a competetive board that works with different tech.
maybe Im wrong, I guess we'll see, although I dont liike his vero practice, Id still welcome another quality SB to help ease the demand weather I bought one or not.

Though if this is the case... a soundboard that needs a seperate driver is just taking up precious space in an already small enclosure right?
Proud Owner of:

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009, 07:08:46 PM »
Both of you are correct. It requires a separate board to drive the main LED

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Sohryu76

• Master Force User
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2009, 07:12:50 PM »
Both of you are correct. It requires a separate board to drive the main LED

but that doesn't sound like a smart design idea?
I mean unless you have a huge saber to stick that in
Proud Owner of:

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 07:35:41 PM »
Well maybe it's his intention in doing it that way that you can only use his blades with his soundboard [?] and only use his soundboard with his blades [?]...to try and force [pun intended] users to an ALL Hyperdyne 'solution' by having all his components incompatible with anything other than his components...well we can all see how that 'closed' approach made Apple the market leader in desktop computing... ::)

Trying to play 'dictator' to the Market rather than letting the customer have freedom of choice...yeah that works well in the modern world... ::)

Well maybe his marketing theory is we DO have a choice: 'all Hyperdyne all the time' or he'll try to make sure through VERO our only other choice is no saber at all....but we still have a 'choice'... ;)

*ahemcontrolfreakahem*?
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline SithlordFaust

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 07:50:29 PM »
are they suppose to go on top of eachothr like two slices of bread?
either way great for hyper products tech but not for the majority of the FX market as
I see it. I see way more Luxeon type sabers than Hyper/makato type sabers
I know hes all up on his own tech and whatnot, but why limit your sales to those few who
like that tech.?  makes little sense in a business scheme. he ust needs to accept the majority are not going to use led ladder blades, no matter how bright they are. we like our flashlights!

Offline xl97

• Force User
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2009, 08:51:45 PM »
are they suppose to go on top of eachothr like two slices of bread?
either way great for hyper products tech but not for the majority of the FX market as
I see it. I see way more Luxeon type sabers than Hyper/makato type sabers
I know hes all up on his own tech and whatnot, but why limit your sales to those few who
like that tech.?  makes little sense in a business scheme. he ust needs to accept the majority are not going to use led ladder blades, no matter how bright they are. we like our flashlights!

on a positive note.. maybe the driver board is small....and can fit in a ribbed section or other small places?

maybe it 'will' be for a LED.. and there might be 'several' options to choose from?  oncs maybe for tri-rebels or other RGB(A) type leds? so you can drive them all individually?

I know that wouldnt be the first time that idea has been explored.. ;)

if it 'is' some hyperdyne scheme...then it may fail..   people like options.

Offline Sohryu76

• Master Force User
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2009, 09:33:10 PM »

on a positive note.. maybe the driver board is small....and can fit in a ribbed section or other small places?

wanna see the driver board?
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?p=961484#post961484
Proud Owner of:

retrousse