fiduciary

Author Topic: THE NEW HYPERBLADE SOUND BOARD!!!  (Read 61761 times)

Offline draftnbyu

• Padawan Learner
Re: THE NEW HYPERBLADE SOUND BOARD!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 02:01:37 PM »
I understand the frustrations on selling them, i really do . is there not another place for people to rant other than this sound topic . i read fx forums cuase i like the group as a whole. being a hyperblade fan, i would like to read this topic or other positive information about Hyperdyne without all the hate. thats all.

Offline Sohryu76

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 02:02:25 PM »
*EDIT*
On the other hand, isnt the micro SD card idea and sound bank ideas Erv's?  Very hypocritical in every sense of the word.  >:(

my thoughts exactly as well.. first thing that popped into my mind when watching the vid..

well to be honest, Erv isnt the only one with a sound card that uses sound banks and a micro SD card either... ReplicantFX does as well, only they don't use them for lightsabers

I understand the frustrations on selling them, i really do . is there not another place for people to rant other than this sound topic . i read fx forums cuase i like the group as a whole. being a hyperblade fan, i would like to read this topic or other positive information about Hyperdyne without all the hate. thats all.

I understand where you are coming from... but a forum is a place to share all ideas and opinions... NOT just the rosey ones in a particular thread.  There should be freedom of speech on this forum to a point.  Not just "Hey this is an Hyperdyne thread, lets only post positive things here"
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 02:05:51 PM by Sohryu76 »
Proud Owner of:

Offline xl97

• Force User
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 02:11:03 PM »

well to be honest, Erv isnt the only one with a sound card that uses sound banks and a micro SD card either... ReplicantFX does as well, only they don't use them for lightsabers

and neither go around trying to 'stop' others form inventing or furthering the hobby..

I know quite well that RFX projects use SD cards.. lol

and do/can use them for lightsabers.. its up the 'users/developer' to put the chip to whatever uses they like. ;)

but for one 'camp' to say: "hey Im doing this..I did it first....how dare you"...  to using others ideas is funny..

They cry foul whenever anyone uses an accelerometer..  but then use pitch shifting or SD cards?

c'mon... 

either way.. to be honest outside of business/moral practices..the product itself sounded good..

Offline LANDO CALRISSIAN

• formerly known as Grayven
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have recently struck a deal with empire
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 02:14:36 PM »
So I wonder what the price will be. I kind of remember Hypers stuff being very expensive. Any guessers? Should we make a poll?
I'll take 1 Milllllllllllion dollars.

All good is just as flawed as all bad. True power lies somewhere in between.
I like spaghetti, You like spaghetti? If so check out the spaghetti party over at judgesabersmith.com

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 02:16:41 PM »
So I wonder what the price will be. I kind of remember Hypers stuff being very expensive. Any guessers? Should we make a poll?

actually Lando, i thought abotu posting that, but figured it might have been a little rude coming from me. :D ;D

I figure $200-$1,000,000 :D ;D

(More like $250)

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Sohryu76

• Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 02:17:59 PM »

actually Lando, i thought abotu posting that, but figured it might have been a little rude coming from me. :D ;D

I figure $200-$1,000,000 :D ;D

(More like $250)

hmmm that is a bit pricey I think... but probably about right
Proud Owner of:

Offline Malaki-Skywalker

• Force User
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 02:18:06 PM »

Thats cheaper then I expected.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 02:20:30 PM by Malaki-Skywalker »
Power is always dangerous. Power attracts the worst and corrupts the best.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 02:19:08 PM »
Very funny.
Let's keep the bashing/jokes to a minimum.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline pneumoniaprone

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 02:20:30 PM »

I was reading the eBay statement on it. http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/programs-vero-ov.html and they state that if you file the counter notice your auction is reinstated and then it is up to the copyright holder to decide whether they will file a court order restraining you.

There are obviously many scenarios that could unfold. 1)  they could say our patent doesn't hold water and give up or 2) they could file a restraining order and a) you could give up or b) could go to court and fight over whether the patent is legit or not. etc. etc.

I just wondered if anyone had ever filed a counter notice and whether the patent was legitimized in court or what not.

Has anyone ever challenged the Vero? It would then be up to them to decide whether or not they wanted to try ant take you to court over it. Just wondering because I have been reading about the Veros but not about if they have ever prosecuted or not. Really the Vero is just a safeguard for eBay so they are not ever liable for loss.

Have you looked into the VeRO process?  eBay wants nothing to do with counter claims...
check this out for a review on VeRO:

http://reviews.ebay.com/eBay-Vero-What-you-Must-Know_W0QQugidZ10000000005857926

it explains everything in ghastly detail
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 02:23:14 PM by pneumoniaprone »

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 02:28:44 PM »
Interesting...

I don't think that was an option when I was Veroed in January

MC

Offline LANDO CALRISSIAN

• formerly known as Grayven
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have recently struck a deal with empire
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 02:35:01 PM »
The 1 Milllllllion dallars was just a joke for all that have seen Austin powers. Most of the joke I was making would come from the rest of that seen. ;)

What I am guessing (no bashing intended) is it will be expensive. I remember when I first thought of Hyperdyne as a solution for my saber desires, I just about fell out of my chair when I saw the prices for just the components. I'm not talking a bout a complete saber built for me, but just the sound board driver and LED ladder.  I was completely precised out of that type of saber at that time. So I did what most did. MR conversions until I could get a CF or US.
It does looks like he has gotten the size of the board down a few inches, which is good. I just hope the price comes down in size too. We shall see. It will be interesting to see what kind of options the board will have. Also what was the reason for the pitch change when the blade is vert pointing up verses vert pointing down?

All good is just as flawed as all bad. True power lies somewhere in between.
I like spaghetti, You like spaghetti? If so check out the spaghetti party over at judgesabersmith.com

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 02:42:30 PM »
well i cant wait for it iv bin waiting for sound in my hyperblade for a very long time
and im ova the moon its comming.
at least now people know its comming as apposed to speculate wether its comming

calling for peace among us no more slating one another no more veroing ebayers... cant we just all get along?
its not a war thats in iraq! quit it guys and just enjoy the hobby
and by that i mean EVERYONE

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 02:57:54 PM »
The 1 Milllllllion dallars was just a joke for all that have seen Austin powers. Most of the joke I was making would come from the rest of that seen. ;)

What I am guessing (no bashing intended) is it will be expensive. I remember when I first thought of Hyperdyne as a solution for my saber desires, I just about fell out of my chair when I saw the prices for just the components. I'm not talking a bout a complete saber built for me, but just the sound board driver and LED ladder.  I was completely precised out of that type of saber at that time. So I did what most did. MR conversions until I could get a CF or US.
It does looks like he has gotten the size of the board down a few inches, which is good. I just hope the price comes down in size too. We shall see. It will be interesting to see what kind of options the board will have. Also what was the reason for the pitch change when the blade is vert pointing up verses vert pointing down?

I asked for a quote for a purple blade and driver and it was $392, so I know what you mean.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 03:26:43 PM »
Also what was the reason for the pitch change when the blade is vert pointing up verses vert pointing down?

I don't quite get that feature either. I'm pretty sure sabers didn't do that in the films.

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 03:29:36 PM »
Yeah, some of the technology is a bit pricey, but then again you get what you pay for.  Hopefully the soundboard lives up to Jim's ability this time.  The original sounded horrendous, but his Vortex system is astounding.

It retails for $399 + shipping, but I was lucky enough to get it for $325 shipped and no waiting.

retrousse