fiduciary

Author Topic: THE NEW HYPERBLADE SOUND BOARD!!!  (Read 61845 times)

Offline pipster79

• Experienced Force User
Re: THE NEW HYPERBLADE SOUND BOARD!!!
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2010, 09:30:57 AM »
i got my mirco sd card from futrue shop. it cost about 20 bucks but it came with a usb adapter and a sd adapter and it was a 1gb card. of course i dont really need one that big but the smaller cards are harder to find now and when you do find them i find they cost more lol go figure.

as to the board i love it very much, very user friendly and versetile. as i stated way back in the thread the only downside is powering the board if your tight for space. the hilt i have mine in barely has enough room for a 9v battery and with a led driver as well as the hypersd it dies really fast. im going to try to squeeze a double 14500 pack in the hilt as soon as i can get some of them. ive measured and it would be a very tight squeeze. i may even have to bore the hilt a few thousands of an inch.

its really sad that hyper had to go and vero so many auctions and create such a bad name for them that has really stuck with alot of people so hes loosing alot of sales due to that. if it wasnt for that im sure he would be doing alot better now lol

Offline General Kota

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as R2-Q5
« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2010, 11:06:16 AM »
Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!   

Also does the SaberSD have a Luke ROTJ sound fount?

Thanks
  GK

Yes it does.  You could also make your own.

Thanks rotsman09!

General Kota's
        Sabers
---------------------------
- Larbel
    Larbel Qui Gon Jinn non el ready with a PC-U and a crystal chamber   (finished machining)
-JQSABERS
    Luke Hero V2 custom (In building process)
 - Planing stage
    Nothing :)

Offline Darth Kevin .T

• Master Force User
  • At last the Snugi are no more!
    • My youtube page
« Reply #242 on: February 26, 2010, 10:40:09 AM »
Darn I think I just might get one then, is it official enough to say theres now a sister version of the CF!?!?

No.

Thanks for the one word awnser Jango lol

Offline General Kota

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as R2-Q5
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2010, 07:58:43 AM »
what is the Dimensions of the SaberSD.

Thanks
  GK

General Kota's
        Sabers
---------------------------
- Larbel
    Larbel Qui Gon Jinn non el ready with a PC-U and a crystal chamber   (finished machining)
-JQSABERS
    Luke Hero V2 custom (In building process)
 - Planing stage
    Nothing :)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2010, 08:05:37 AM »
what is the Dimensions of the SaberSD.

on the page before this one, there is a link to the manual. The specs are located with in it.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline rotsman09

• Master Force User
  • "A man chooses, a slave obeys. I chose.. Rapture"
« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2010, 09:32:01 AM »
Thats right Jango, It says 1" in the PDF, but it is a little thinner.
This is where the fun begins!

Proud owner of an AMAZING MR v2 stunt LDM/Caine
-Starkillers coming soon...in summer.. Too much work...

Offline Matt Thorn

• Experienced Force User
    • Köjin Köbö
« Reply #246 on: March 14, 2010, 09:08:53 AM »
I'm installing a Hyperblade/SaberSD setup for a customer, and I'm impressed with the SaberSD. If you want to buy a new soundboard (not something salvaged from a Hasbro product), today March 15, 2010--your only choices, as far as I know, are the SaberSD, Saberforge's SaberSound 1.0, and (I suppose) Makototsai's Super ONE. I don't know much about the Super ONE, but of these three, the SaberSD is the only one that lets you edit sounds any way you like. It's also the most expensive, but that's to be expected, I suppose. I think it's reasonably priced, but you have to keep in mind that it is a soundcard, and not an LED driver. You need something else for the LED(s). If you weigh the features and final expense, the Crystal Focus comes out on top, but at the moment, the SaberSD has one feature that the CF can't top: availability.
There's always a bigger fish.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #247 on: March 14, 2010, 01:01:55 PM »
SaberSD is not consistently available either ::)  For March 15, 2010 maybe so, but that's a bit of a narrow focus ;)

Facebook: VVFB

Offline pipster79

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #248 on: March 14, 2010, 04:32:09 PM »
actually the hypersd is available so far more then any other board so far, they have been in stock for the last few weeks, and before that they were pretty consistent with getting them back in stock in at least 2 weeks after they would sell out.
since they have been released they have been pretty much readily available aside from a week here or there.

and i agree with matt they are a great sound board, i really love mine, only downfall as ive said before is the power consumption, need at least 7v for optimal performance and it drains at 240mah. in a hilt with lots of room this doesnt pose a problem, but for small hilts it makes a small problem.

Offline rotsman09

• Master Force User
« Reply #249 on: March 14, 2010, 04:34:37 PM »
SaberSD is not consistently available either ::)  For March 15, 2010 maybe so, but that's a bit of a narrow focus ;)

It's pretty consistent.  There are batches I believe every month.  What makes you think they weren't consistent?  What isn't consistent is the price.  :-\  It jumped $15 but $120 is still a good price.  $105 was a jaw dropping price anyways.

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #250 on: March 14, 2010, 09:34:38 PM »
Semantics......

Offline pipster79

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2010, 11:34:27 PM »

It's pretty consistent.  There are batches I believe every month.  What makes you think they weren't consistent?  What isn't consistent is the price.  :-\  It jumped $15 but $120 is still a good price.  $105 was a jaw dropping price anyways.

very true. when i bought mine it was only 105. im guessing that was a base price to get some sold and test the waters. now that he sees that there selling well hes bumping the price. if he bumps it anymore no one will be buying them since they dont have any light driver included. the cost of buying a driver as well will not be worth it anymore.
at least at 105 you can buy a lux3 driver for 50, so 155 bucks pluss shipping and you have a half decent set up.
but 120 plus 50 is 170, add shipping onto that. oh and thats not including an sd card of course
hyper really needs to lower his prices, if it wasnt for the way overprice of his blades and driver boards i might have bought a setup long ago.
but theres no way im paying 185 for a blade and 85 for a driver board.
best way to do business is to sell more for less rather then less for more. if you charge too much you wont sell very much. if you charge reasonable you will get frequent customers and lots and lots of sales. sure they want to make money but they are going about it the wrong way. not everyone has 400 dollars to throw into there sabers for electronics (not counting batteries and speakers and switches of course)
cut that cost in half, and now watch how many more people will be able to afford it. and watch how your sales go from 30 a month to 200 and up

Offline rotsman09

• Master Force User
« Reply #252 on: March 15, 2010, 03:21:16 AM »

very true. when i bought mine it was only 105. im guessing that was a base price to get some sold and test the waters. now that he sees that there selling well hes bumping the price. if he bumps it anymore no one will be buying them since they dont have any light driver included. the cost of buying a driver as well will not be worth it anymore.
at least at 105 you can buy a lux3 driver for 50, so 155 bucks pluss shipping and you have a half decent set up.
but 120 plus 50 is 170, add shipping onto that. oh and thats not including an sd card of course
hyper really needs to lower his prices, if it wasnt for the way overprice of his blades and driver boards i might have bought a setup long ago.
but theres no way im paying 185 for a blade and 85 for a driver board.
best way to do business is to sell more for less rather then less for more. if you charge too much you wont sell very much. if you charge reasonable you will get frequent customers and lots and lots of sales. sure they want to make money but they are going about it the wrong way. not everyone has 400 dollars to throw into there sabers for electronics (not counting batteries and speakers and switches of course)
cut that cost in half, and now watch how many more people will be able to afford it. and watch how your sales go from 30 a month to 200 and up

Agreed Pipster.  I'll email him to see what the deal is..

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2010, 09:59:35 AM »
This thread really needs to get back on topic, please.  For the most part, it has been very civil and informative, however, there are a few posts that are steering this topic off course, posts that have now been removed.  Also, this is not a feedback thread, so please refrain from posting feedback-oriented comments here - unless it's about the actual board.

Thanks everyone.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:46:02 AM by OBI-WAN KENOBI »

Offline Shadar Al Niende

• Force User
« Reply #254 on: March 17, 2010, 04:33:47 PM »
I have one quick question and appologies in advance if this has been covered (my search-fu fails me at times..) Do we know what the voltage drop across the board is? (any?)

retrousse