fiduciary

Author Topic: In depth hyperblade/luxeon comparisons by Eandori  (Read 5049 times)

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
In depth hyperblade/luxeon comparisons by Eandori
« on: June 06, 2008, 09:33:34 PM »
For those interested in blade comparisons, here are a few videos Eandori did comparing hyperblades to luxeons:

TCSS discussion: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=4961
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 10:05:19 PM by Jedimoves »

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
Re: In depth hyperblade/luxeon comparisons by Eandori
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 02:44:29 AM »
This topic gets a STICKY! ;D

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 12:50:41 AM »
Prior to Eandori's videos, I was able to do some comparison/testing video.

These were done just about a year ago, and I will simply say... I'm just adding them to FX-Sabers now so that people can see what was going on.  The two sabers were given to me by some guy who said he was quitting things with sabers in general, and was going to "throw them away".  Those were his words.  I really did not want to get involved with H-blades--mainly because I knew that they would not be useful to me for Balance of Power EP I, and that it would have been fairly expensive to try having 10+ made.

Anyhow... when he said he was going to toss them... I felt bad, and didn't want to see ANY saber go to waste.  I told the guy to go ahead and ship them to me.  I also told him that he was welcome to have them back at any time, and I actually hoped he would change his mind.

He did indeed change his mind (yay!)... and I sent them back... but not before allowing Eandori (whom I'd recently met and we had become friends) to do his own, far more extensive and more "scientific" tests.  Me, I just laid the sabers out and did my best--I had no plans to make it crazily complex... I just figured that since I wouldn't be doing anything useful with them on my own... sharing it with the saber community would be better than nothing.

Make of the videos what you will... but keep in mind... if you're looking for some gadget-intensive light metering test, complete with multimeters, and logging data... THAT would be in EANDORI'S videos... not these.

Enjoy, and keep in mind--although it may not appear that the videos "took work" to do... they did.  Especially Eandori's!!!  So... if there's something you didn't like about the way things were done... make your own comparison videos.  :)
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Darkside

• Padawan Learner
  • Give yourself to the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 10:29:39 AM »
Why were the videos taken down?

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 10:34:55 AM »
Eandori has left the hobby.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

retrousse