fiduciary

Author Topic: Review: Unleashed CHEWBACCA 2006  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Darth Torment

• Sith Lord Formerly Known As DARTH TORMENT
  • Experienced Force User
  • Darth Plagueis The Wise . . .
Review: Unleashed CHEWBACCA 2006
« on: May 29, 2006, 10:41:33 AM »
I just purchased the 3 new unleashed figures, the following is my review of the CHEWBACCA 2006 Figure

The Bad-This figure like the rest of the figures released in this line for May 2006 (Han Stormie, Shock), is unfortunately a rehash in sculpts and weakens the figure right off the bat.  The only difference with this Chewbacca and the original is a newly sculpted right arm, a shield and the wookie blaster -the differences are good however and will be covered below-
Another bad thing about this figure is the BASE - they could have at least made a new base (added some folliage or SOMETHING)- it is the exact same as the original Chewie, but is a sandy light brown rather than the lush green of its predecessor.  Again, shame on you hasbro- one good way to dissapoint fans of this line is to make rehashes this early in the produts life

The Good- I prefer the paint job on this Chewbacca over the original- with this UL chewie, his fur is accentuated with darker browns, and is not a light caramel like the original, they even get Chewies 'moustache' right in this figure which was a nice touch!
Another thing which really stands out and they do a good job of in this rendition of Chewbacca is the Wookie blaster and the Shield.  Both have GREAT detail, and was especially impressed with the 'scarring' and 'worn' look of the wookie blaster when you look at it upclose.  The shield also shows off some nice sculpting and looks very cool- as if it was carved and engraved by a wookie craftsman.

Of the 2 Chewbacca figures in the UL line, this is by FAR the better of the 2, although this does not have the bowcaster (which i thought was a good move- to differentiate the 2 even more).  The figure looks darkter, and the added detail of his accesories makes this Chewie the supperior display piece
I would give this figure an A+, but because its a rehash, I give it a

B

Visit The Citadel Of Darth Plagueis The Wise (buy/sell/trade thread):
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=3817.msg64943#msg64943

Proud member of Snowtroopers.ca. Check my profile.

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: Review: Unleashed CHEWBACCA 2006
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 11:29:44 AM »
Plagueis... can the right arm be moved? I haven't opened mine up just yet. I need to make some space for it. The rehashes don't surprise me since Unleashed has been out since 2002 and Hasbro will go pretty far to save money.  Most serious collectors will buy them all anyway. I wouldn't have had I already had the first Chewie and the Stormtrooper. I had no interest in the Chewie when it  came out and the Stormtrooper I could never find anywhere, so I picked these two up. I definitely agree that this Chewbacca looks to be the superior of the two.
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Darth Torment

• Sith Lord Formerly Known As DARTH TORMENT
  • Experienced Force User
  • Darth Plagueis The Wise . . .
Re: Review: Unleashed CHEWBACCA 2006
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »
Master Aayla,
the arms do not move, but the shield and wookie blaster are removeable
this line of toys should DEFINATELY opened....so much better when they are 'unleashed' from their packaging :P

Visit The Citadel Of Darth Plagueis The Wise (buy/sell/trade thread):
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=3817.msg64943#msg64943

Proud member of Snowtroopers.ca. Check my profile.

retrousse