fiduciary

Author Topic: small Obi review  (Read 2203 times)

Offline IJedi

• No Force
  • don't tell me the odds, I can count myself
small Obi review
« on: September 21, 2006, 09:11:32 PM »
After reading the positive reviews of the Obi wan saber I looked my girlfriend deep in the eyes and after 10 seconds or so she approved (it always works).

I got mine for about $83 bucks on an Ebay action and I did pay $35 to get it shipped to Europe (NL) and I had to pay $20 taxes (grrr).

The box was about the same as my other sabers (Luke ROTJ and the double Maul) nothing special here..

The hilt : 8 (of 10)
Man, this hilt is GREAT . It has got a nice grip, it is heavy and it gives the saber a good balance (same balance as the Luke ROTJ but more weight)  and a good swing, also it is well detailed ; no plastic here.
The only downside I could find on the hilt was the cheap copperpaint in the neck (again the same sh$# as on the Luke ROTJ).

The blade: 5,5
The blade is Bright! very bright. and it has a nice deep blue color  too bad the blade is not as thick as the Maul blade.  The blue led strip is noticeable from the outside ( a vague patern I can see it on all my MR sabers) and it is the first saber I own who has the famous "dark spot" in the middle of the blade (not too much but VERY irritating; MR please FIX THIS there is no excuse for this) I am tempted to taking it apart and fix it (or I will try to get used to it :'()

The sound: 7
Not to loud (just right in my opinion) a bit high pitched but OK

some words:

I like this lightsaber as much as any other of my sabers  but I expected more..
I wish MR would be more consistent in their manufactoring proces and I also would like to see the sabers  more "battle ready" in the future, maybe it is time to step over to Luxeon blades instead of led strips (probably also cheaper to make)

Please forgive my spelling mistakes (I am not a native speaker)
Maybe I post some pictures later

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 09:16:00 PM by IJedi »

Offline The Negotiator

• Experienced Force User
  • "You became the very thing you swore to destroy!"
Re: small Obi review
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 05:46:41 PM »
Nice reviews.  Can't wait for the pics though. ;)

Offline NickelPlate

• Force User
  • "I AM the Senate"
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 04:59:09 AM »
Nice review. I agree with you on alot of those points. I do wish it was a little bit louder though like the Luke.

Regards,

NP

Offline tanthosjorlac

• Padawan Learner
  • Jesus loves you!
    • The Jedi Assembly
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 11:05:55 PM »
Thanks for your honest review!!

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!!

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
    • Here is my website, based on my comic book.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 12:58:51 AM »
Nice review!!!;)

You use the force to convince your wife!;) Uh, dark side style you use I must say!;)

retrousse