fiduciary

Author Topic: Nano Biscotti V4 Wiring Help?  (Read 763 times)

Offline ahuppert

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Nano Biscotti V4 Wiring Help?
« on: January 19, 2021, 06:46:10 PM »
Hi everyone, I just wanted to thank everyone/anyone in advance who might be able to help me properly wire my new NBV4. I am attempting a NeoPixel blade on a new installation with an LED momentary switch and a recharge port. I've poured over the manual and done the resistor calculations, but I'm nervous about frying the board, switch LEDs, or the NeoPixel strip. I put together a wiring diagram (below) and was hoping anyone could critique it as necessary. Suggestions on improvements, changes? Did I do anything wrong? ANY help would be much appreciated!

I apologize. It won't let me post a larger picture for some reason.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 06:50:50 PM by ahuppert »

Offline ahuppert

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Nano Biscotti V4 Wiring Help?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 06:52:36 PM »
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 07:04:51 PM by ahuppert »

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 10:23:07 PM »
looks totally fine to me, including the data stream resistor

Offline ahuppert

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 06:40:11 AM »
Thanks! My concern was for the 330ohm resistor on the data line.  The specs call for a 470, but I've also seen a 220 used by other people. As I don't know DC voltage and am not electronically informed, I didn't know what the difference was other than the "chatter" it reduces on the line.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 07:15:03 PM »
The value of the resistor is non-critical.

I hope that isn't a photo of the battery you are using.  If so, it is almost certainly not up to the task.  There is no such thing as a battery of that size with that capacity.

Offline ahuppert

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 04:02:53 AM »
Why would the battery not be enough? It’s a 3.7v 18650 battery driving a 3.3v board. The nanopixel blade takes a maximum of 5v. Isn’t the 18650 standard for this type of application?

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 04:53:39 AM »
The rating on that battery is fake, as I said there is no such thing as a battery of that size with that capacity. Most batteries with this sort of fake rating are actually very weak and have no protection. You need a real, reputable battery rated for 10A+ continuous output.  The rating for an 18650 should be 3150 to 3500mah. The highest rating from a real battery that exists is 3600.  The capacity is only part of it though, as the current rating and protection circuit need to be able to deliver the current to the pixels.

Offline ahuppert

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 05:18:08 AM »
Well that’s disappointing. I bought a new 3500 from a reputable supplier, but I had 2 others sitting here, brand new, unused, that I thought might work. Thanks for the heads up!

Offline ahuppert

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 08:25:46 PM »
How about this design... would you say that it's correct (battery changed out and better graphics)?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hqpNbcoCN2SaYDkx_g8DGqRFrFRLHQE3/view?usp=sharing

retrousse