fiduciary

Author Topic: Pianoman's Improved Thougts on the ESB VADER  (Read 6583 times)

Offline GRAND MOFF TARKIN

• formerly pianoman/Admiral Piett
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Fear will keep them in line...
Pianoman's Improved Thougts on the ESB VADER
« on: February 08, 2007, 03:03:16 PM »
So,

Your sitting here reading this review cause your possibly thinking of getting a Vader ESB Force FX.  And all the reviews you have read say how great this and many other fx sabers are. Well, their right! And maybe even more with the Vader ESB.

You see, I currently own the Anakin ROTS, Luke ROTJ, and I had the ROTS Obi-Wan. The Vader out of all of them, really takes you back to the time when you first saw the menacing glance of this caped villan.

The detail that MR put into this saber is top notch, infact if you snoop around here you can see pictures of this FX saber next to MR's Limited Edition ESB Vader and you'll find that they are 99% indentical. The threading on the bottom, the extruding wires on the sides, the painted letters,  the black speaker cap, it all adds to the realism of holding this saber in your hands.

Once you get over the inital shock of how gorgeous this hilt is and find the on/off switch your ears and eyes are in for a suprise.  Hearing the crisp low idle hum brings thoughts of Luke and Vader on Cloud City battling  in the Carbonite chamber. You can almost hear his unforgetable breathing apparatus as if he was standing right behind you. And the red glow of the blade mixed with the sound effects sends shivers down your back.

The swing noises are great and the motion sensor in the unit I have is good that its not too loose but loose enough that its one noise per swing, not 2 per one swing like my Anakin.

If you have a chance to aquire this saber, do so. You will not be dissapointed. I promise.

(if you are dissapointed,  :P to you.)

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 06:43:46 PM by pianoman »

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
Re: Pianoman's Thougts on the ESB VADER
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 03:27:25 PM »
Once I bought my Vader ESB, it easily became my favorite.  I don't have an orange hue to mine.  I am using Energizer E2 Batteries, so I'm not sure if this is the reason.  Mine is perfectly red.  You are right though, in all the pictures I take of any of my red sabers (mauls or vaders) they appear red/orange.

I too love the detail.  Like I said on the LE thread, it is amazing the detail they took to make it look like the Limited Edition.  Without breaking out a measuring tool, you can't even tell the difference in size.

I hope the new Vader ANH amplifies the sound a bit more.  I also hope there are more sounds included.  The Vader is slightly lacking in clash sounds.  But I agree, I can't get past the sinister low idle/hum of the ESB.

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 03:41:42 PM »
yes Lord Vader, the sounds on your saber just rock, so menacing, my favorite sounds of all the Fx line.

To get a whiter core on pictures try and set your camera to longer exposure, it might work, or just retouch them saturating the yellows.

I agree with you pianoman, it's a little quite.  But I cant see the orange hue you talk about, maybe it's your eyes or it varies from saber to saber, mine is really red, but i saw a friend's Vader and his was more red than mine (i will try to swap it when he doesnt notice hehehe.... the dark side is getting me...... umm wait, I am a droid.  Oh well)

;D

congrats on your vader pianoman!!!
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 04:01:14 PM »
Maybe not so much a  hue, but the shade of this red. On the color spectrum, This red would be closer to orange then a Blood red, that would be closer to purple, make sense?

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 04:09:32 PM »
Another thing,

This has to be the most realistic saber I've ever held. I feel like I jumped into the movie, hit vader over the back of the head with a vase, and walked off with his saber. Yeah the clash sound could use work, but the swing sounds are A-W-E-S-O-M-E-! The sound effects are what you hear in the movie. They are the sounds that I remember. That when I think of a lightsaber, this is what I think of. Unless I think of ROTJ then Lukes signature screech-hiss with his A'ish-tone idle hum. Although Im anal when it comes to the sounds. I have perfect pitch and can play by ear. Its like having a photographic sound memory.

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 04:45:40 PM »
Maybe not so much a  hue, but the shade of this red. On the color spectrum, This red would be closer to orange then a Blood red, that would be closer to purple, make sense?

makes sense, you are right, i get you now.
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 07:07:12 PM »
See I knew you would like the Vader ESB, I don't know why but it didn't really look orange when I turned it on. Maybe because everyone has similiar pigaments in there eyes and can see different kinds of the same color or something. Anyways I'm so glad you like it. I can't wait to get that Obi Wan from you. Enjoy and have fun in Cloud City lol  ;D

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 10:35:49 PM »
Check your PM's, or email thanks  :)

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 06:13:20 PM »
cleared out my pm's

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
Re: Pianoman's Improved Thougts on the ESB VADER
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 08:32:50 PM »
great review pianoman!!I really love this saber also!!here is a pic of my vader esb!!DaJoQuim 8)

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 08:44:23 PM »
Wow good pic Dajo!

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 11:34:32 AM »
thanks pianoman!!Are'nt those cameras in night mode cool!!HaHa DaJoQuim ;D

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 11:44:05 AM »
Ahh yes. I was thinking maybe your saber was nuclear powered!

Offline PLO KOON

• formerly known as s3an_looi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 04:03:02 AM »
YUp... the red casts an eerie glow in the dark.

THe motion sensors were very sensitive when I got mine back in August 2004, but after a long time... the motion sensors now respond almost perfectly with my swings.

retrousse