fiduciary

Author Topic: (Not a) Dead Verso! (Edit)  (Read 655 times)

Offline Guylo Ren

• Padawan Learner
  • Hi to all,dark side & light alike!
(Not a) Dead Verso! (Edit)
« on: July 25, 2022, 12:23:23 AM »
Before I tackle my Jedi Killer install,I wanted to build a test saber first (for checking my blade,etc).So attempted to wire up a Verso last night.Beep-tested everything with my multimeter as I went,all seemed good... Only anomaly was the speaker pads seemed to show continuity,& was told on the Verso support group that this was OK when I got my gf to post a question there for me.

But,as soon as I put the battery in I heard the faintest of crackles from the speaker,then nothing,& no further response from the board.Battery's charged,nothing looks bridged that isn't supposed to be,so can't see what I've done wrong really (see pic below).
However,now there seems to be no continuity between the speaker pads like before,so something's definitely changed... Help?🤷🏼‍♂️

Any ideas greatly appreciated,cheers everyone.

i
Edit: with advice from Khal & my awesome girlfriend's proactive attitude,problem solved- all that needed doing was to reinstall the standard package on the SD card,& we have function!👍🏻😁👍🏻
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 11:30:18 PM by Guylo Ren »

Offline Guylo Ren

• Padawan Learner
  • Hi to all,dark side & light alike!
Re: (Not a) Dead Verso! (Edit)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 11:33:02 PM »
Question: as this is my first working board I'm uncertain,but is it normal for a board to become fairly warm with only a few minutes active use?Was swinging it around a bit earlier just in the chassis as shown,which is how I noticed it:

No smoke or malfunction etc,but it definitely got warm swiftly.As it was out of the test hilt,with no blade active etc,could that be why- the power wasn't going anywhere much?🤔

Curious as to the safety factor here,as you may imagine.😬
Cheers for looking.

retrousse