fiduciary

Author Topic: Wich Force Fx saber is the best  (Read 9231 times)

Offline vader45

• No Force
  • may the force be with me.
Wich Force Fx saber is the best
« on: October 16, 2006, 12:38:47 PM »
I would like opion from everyone to pick out their favorite Force Fx saber.
(i don't have a favorit since i only have vader's ESB)

Offline Super sith 22

• Master Force User
  • ROCK ON!
    • sabercity
Re: Wich Force Fx saber is the best
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 01:24:45 PM »
Luke ROTJ imo ;D
"A gun is just a tool, like a hammer or an alligator." -Homer Simpson

Offline Cyano Khaar

• Experienced Force User
  • Feel the Force
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 02:06:52 PM »
Blade wise, I say the Luke ROTJ. Hilt wise, I say Anakin ROTS. I do love the Obi wan hilt but it looks a lot less like its movie counterpart (hilt is much bigger and fat neck).

Offline Shade Valryn

• Experienced Force User
  • Sith or Jedi? I'm truly not sure...
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 02:39:19 PM »
Lol, I really love the beauty of the Anakin ROTS hilt, it just looks so perfect, but overall the things that bother me with it are the fact of there being a brighter blue saber (obi-wa) and imo I think it's just a little to loose in the hilt and maybe the hilt should've been a little longer. Again, I don't own any sabers but I always use my friends Anakin ROTS. Although, soon I'm going to own the Luke ROTJ which I'd say is the best out there but I don't have it yet...
Darth Maul Ultra FX

Also have 2 purple Minilords, one Green K2, one Royal Blue K

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 03:50:53 PM »
This is a loaded question. There is no "best" saber. The one you like the most would be the best one. If for example the "best" one was, say, the Anakin, and we told you "this one is the best" and you bought it and didn't like it for whatever reason you may be turned off to FX sabers. You need to ask yourself these questions- who is my favorite character, what is my favorite blade color, do I want Jedi or Sith, and what will I be doing with the saber (spinning, displaying, etc.) All of the sabers have their strong and weak points but they are all fun and thrilling to own. Answer the questions above and you should be able to pick the "best" saber for your next one or someones first saber. After you get one you will want more...........................But of course we all know the Luke ROTJ is the best!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 03:52:59 PM by robiwon »
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 04:56:07 PM »
Everyone seems to agree that the Anakin ROTS is a good first FX.

As for me, my fav is the Luke TESB. but I don't use that one.

My favorite one that I enjoy using more than any other FX is the Darth Maul Double Bladed.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Shade Valryn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 06:10:58 PM »
Nice response, but very true. All fx sabers have their strengths and weaknesses. Here are my personal opinions of them:

Windu-------Good for simple displays, although you may be turned off by the wieght when picked up, the purple is kinda  a washed out purple although I think some people love the purple of it. Also, the sounds are really cool because they seem like an in-between version of jedi and sith sounds.

Anakin-------My personal favorite for displaying, the wieght is almost perfect and the blade is pretty bright with good sounds for the common jedi. The only flaws are that it's brightness is outmatched by the Obi-wan and a lot of people say the Luke ROTJ as well, the other flaw is that prints of your hands get left from a small touch of the shiny and glossy metal.

Luke (LED)-------One of the best to swing around and for showing off the great brightness of the green LEDs. I know, I know, it's not the brightness it's the response of the eyes but think about it, you can't explain to every single person about how they are all equally bright every single time, people will always say this is the brightest no matter how much you try. The major downfall is that a lot of people don't like the fat nech of the hilt and it looks very basic, but others love the basicness because this allows for excellent spinning and the unpolished surface leaves no fingerprints.

Vader (EP. 5)-------The ultimate sith saber, the grandaddy of evil, the one and only!... Ah, you know what? Nevermind, let's just get to it. The Darth Vader fx saber is the most evil sounding and looking saber out there, the main parts of this that make it so evil are the fact that the hum is crackly (in a good way) and the black pieces along the beautiful hilt make it truly badass(excuse my language). If you want evil, look no further, although the downfall on this one is that there is only one clash sound but this is also very good in a way when dueling so you will have the same sound of a hiss each time(since you'll be hitting the same thing, the opponents saber).

Obi-Wan-------I like to think of this one as a hybrid of the Anakin and the Luke sabers. It contains the same sounds as the Ani and Luke yet it's much clearer but the loss of the small static also makes it quiter. As I mentioned above, it has a slightly brighter LED strip(or maybe it's the diffuser) than the Anakin. The elegence of the hilt is top notch, both functional and beautiful. Also, the blade is very solid and sturdy, this is a perfect saber for a first timer.

Darth Maul (Single or double, IDC)-------A very... Okay sith saber. This saber has only a few sounds within it and I have actually heard some people say it's quiter and less bright than the Vader, but I don't believe that. I say it's "okay" because it's only really good in the double bladed form. The good thing about having it in double-bladed form with the limited sounds is that both ends will make the same sounds every time so it won't make 2 different ones at the same time. I only recommend this saber in double bladed form, otherwise go with the Vader.

Now I know I skipped the Luke EL and Vader EL and the Luke EP4 ones but quite frankly, I don't care about them. So there you have it, my unimportant opinions about these sabers. My personal choices are: For a sith, Vader. For a Jedi, Obi-Wan. For displays involving picking it up, Anakin. For displays in a shelf, Windu. And for displays of dueling and spinning(my personal favorite), the Luke. Although the double bladed Maul is awesome too for spinning around.

So, what do you guys think?
Darth Maul Ultra FX

Offline NickelPlate

• Force User
  • "I AM the Senate"
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 06:32:35 PM »
I've had a hard time deciding in the month or so I've been collecting them but I can honestly say now that the Luke ROTJ is my favorite. Beside the fact that I like green, the lightness and clean hilt makes twirling and tricks alot easier. The sound effects are also nice and loud. I just seem to have the most fun with it, more so than the others.

NP

Offline Shade Valryn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 06:40:57 PM »
Lol, I should be getting my Luke at the end of the week or sooner. I can't wait, I'm so excited, I'm very happy that I chose it over the Obi-wan, I just realized that I'm going to spend a lot of time spinning it outside in the dark and I just needed the best sound and brightness. The Luke offers those but the sound isn't perfect, but it's loud and that's that I liked.

EDIT: Oh, and btw, what did you guys think of my opinions above this post? Was it okay for a new guy to the forum?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 06:50:17 PM by Shade Valryn »
Darth Maul Ultra FX

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 07:26:07 PM »
well im not sure what the "best" is.....but i will tell you what my favorite is....the Anakin ROTS
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline Shade Valryn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 12:24:42 PM »
That's a really nice saber too, I loved the look of the hilt! Also, the sounds are amazing.
Darth Maul Ultra FX

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 09:27:47 AM »
I would say the Anakin ROTS is a really good 'all-round' first saber. Robiwan is correct, though. It all depends on personal taste and on what you want it for. If you want it for dueling, you are going to want a saber that has aftermarket components readily available for upgrades. If you want it mostly for spinning, then the Luke ROTJ is universally agreed to be the best, although I prefer the Anakin ROTS (matter of taste, see). The Anakin and Mace are the most blingy looking sabers for display, but my personal favourite FX is the Luke ESB, for colour and for ease of spinning (no good for dueling, though, and if you want the sound loud, forget it).
Then you also need to take into accout your favourite characters/scenes, the aesthetic appeal of the hilt/blade colour, and whether you want to be a Jedi or Sith.
There is a saber for everyone, I think. You just have to decide which one most suits you.
Or you could just get the cheapest one to start off with, as sooner or later you are going to want them all, anyway.

Offline Shade Valryn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 12:20:36 PM »
Yeah, like take me for example, I love to focus on spinning and new combos of spinning techniques and I like to duel maybe a little on the side so the saber that best suits me is the Luke ROTJ, the Obi-Wan was a close second though but I needed the "brightest" one I could get and the luke's stock was running out (It's been discontinued and I pretty much could only get it online like eBay and such).
Darth Maul Ultra FX

Offline Christoph

• Force User
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 09:24:02 AM »
For me it has to be the Vader ESB hands down. As Chewbacca mentioned it is all down to personal taste and the way you intend on using your lightsaber. The glowing deep red, the sinister sounds, the magnificent looking hilt.... the Vader ESB. The hilt may be harder to spin around but it is still able to be spun without too much difficulty. An excellent display piece as well as a sturdy saber for light dueling. The saber.. like the man himself is no nonsense.. no fancy stuff.. just a simple and effective killing tool that looks professional.

[a quick note: just thinking of the topic and the revelvence to the forum it is in seems a little off]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 09:27:06 AM by Christoph »

For Corbantis, For Had Abbadon, For Empires Elite <EE>, For the Empire!

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 09:55:36 AM »
(anakin) = (vader) > (maul) = (obiwan) > (luke) > (mace) > (hasbro)

"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

retrousse