fiduciary

Author Topic: TFU II STARKILLER CONCEPT TRAILER SABER RUN  (Read 45086 times)

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
Re: TFU II STARKILLER CONCEPT TRAILER SABER RUN
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2014, 11:35:37 AM »
Some housecleaning has been done here.  Let's keep this topic regarding questions or comments on the upcoming VV TFU II run.  As mentioned in the initial post, what you see there is a rough mockup of a prototype, the final product will be based on the final prototype when we release it, but may have a few changes.  That is why we prototype :).  We will keep everyone posted.  Pricing is not set in stone either, we will release final details when we put up the deposit run which likely will not be for a couple of weeks.  We have heard the call for pricing for customers who wish to purchase them in a set. While we're not sure exactly what those numbers would be, or 'could' be, but rest assured we'll do our best to make it harder to say no to a pair of these ;).
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:30:43 PM by LUMINARA UNDULI »

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2014, 08:49:02 PM »
How tall is Starkiller?  How big are his fingers?

Easy enough to figure out, just look up Sam Witwer's info.  I'm sure you could find his glove size and his height/weight.  He was blown away by VV's Starkiller gifted to him, and with his rave reviews about it I'd say the dimensions were spot on.

Only goes to say this one will be similiarly exacting to Starkillers proportions  8) 
Support our Font Makers!

Offline DarkJediKnight

• Master Force User
  • InUmbrisPotestasEst--In the shadows there is power
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2014, 09:19:36 AM »
To Lumi and Starkiller......Not to throw any crazy tweeks at you guys since this is still in the initial stages but is there a chance you could do a slight "combo" and go with the black leather grip wrap and then still have the black bands near the emitter as well? Sorry to throw that little curve at you but I thought this might be an interesting twist on it. Thanks!  :D
MR Darth Vader ESB(stock)
MR Darth Vader ESB(converted PC2)                                  
MR Anakin AOTC "Darkside version"(converted CF5)
Yoda Replica Graflex V(CF4)
MR Anakin AOTC(converted PC3)
Hasbro Anakin ROTS(converted PC2)
Parks Replica Graflex ESB/TFA w/glass eye(CF5)

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2014, 09:38:53 AM »
We have always accommodated our customer's requests on runs. If that's what they want, and all it is, is a combo of two things we're already offering, then I don't see any problem with that. ^-^

Offline DarkJediKnight

• Master Force User
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2014, 10:52:19 AM »
Hmmm. This is sounds really interesting!  ;)

Offline Ho-Wai Lowill

• Padawan Learner
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2014, 11:45:58 AM »
Wow, this is going to be another epic saber and well worth to get a set. In fact this is THE saber that makes me engage into this wonderful hobby, I cant wait to get it!
By the way, Starkiller does use a lot of reverse grip, would there be any consideration to have an additional hidden aux switch near the pommel section, along with the one in the control box?(is that even possible?)

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2014, 11:51:56 AM »
While that is not really practical, one of the wonderful things about the Crystal Focus is the Power On Move feature which allows the user to activate the saber with specific motion, so you can certainly replicate the reverse grip ignition.

Having said that, most of the time in the Trailers, he ignites it and then flips the saber over :).

Facebook: VVFB

Offline DarkJediKnight

• Master Force User
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »
My wheels are turning here. I'm contemplating this awesome saber and if VV plans on doing any of the in-game sabers as well to please let me know! Great hilts on both of these!  :D

Offline Ho-Wai Lowill

• Padawan Learner
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2014, 12:09:47 PM »
Thanks for the info Lumi, I have never thought of using motion ignition, since I am probably too new to think of it which is a fantastic feature, perhaps this saber can have this feature already placed into the setting?  Nevertheless this will definitely be a great saber to look forward to!

Offline Turgon

• Master Force User
  • Epic Bear sez " Can I haz two?"
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2014, 02:14:56 PM »
Deanna,
     Why is it not practical to have a second aux switch -- probably a momentary switch) wired in parallel?  granted, it would be "custom" work and so would cost more.  What am I missing?

I've broken Juggers in half, smashed their bones, left the ground behind me wet with brains. There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2014, 02:35:22 PM »
Because the hilt itself is removable for the CC reveal and chassis access (RICE port, Recharge, SD etc). Having the hilt 'move' precludes the installation of an extra switch. Though yes, it is possible to wire a second switch in parallel in a stationary hilt, it isn't practical to do so when the hilt will be constantly taken off and put back on.

Also, unless it is already in our planned option set to offer with a run, we try not to do custom work on a run as it defeats the cost model when you have to put more engineering and materials into a product that is made in large numbers in order to save time and provide consistency. We will accommodate requests for variations or combinations of options we are already offering as the time/materials are already allotted.

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2014, 02:45:36 PM »
Because the hilt itself is removable for the CC reveal and chassis access (RICE port, Recharge, SD etc)...

Oh, so it will be a crystal reveal! Awesome to hear, I am really excited to see the final prototype when it comes out of the Vault  ^-^

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2014, 03:10:56 PM »
This is a Starkiller, from Vader's Vault...of COURSE it's going to have a crystal chamber :))

Offline Turgon

• Master Force User
  • Epic Bear sez " Can I haz two?"
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2014, 03:27:24 PM »
Because the hilt itself is removable for the CC reveal and chassis access (RICE port, Recharge, SD etc). Having the hilt 'move' precludes the installation of an extra switch. Though yes, it is possible to wire a second switch in parallel in a stationary hilt, it isn't practical to do so when the hilt will be constantly taken off and put back on.

That is a great answer.  Thank you.

I've broken Juggers in half, smashed their bones, left the ground behind me wet with brains. There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

Offline DarkJediKnight

• Master Force User
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2014, 08:57:47 AM »
This is a Starkiller, from Vader's Vault...of COURSE it's going to have a crystal chamber :))

Anything less would be.....................uncivilized! LOL!  :D Can't wait to see this gem!

retrousse