fiduciary

Author Topic: Introducing Spark(tm)  (Read 10023 times)

Offline Subvirtua

• Experienced Force User
Re: Introducing Spark(tm)
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 01:41:03 PM »
Ok, chill out.  Alex asked, from my perspective, a valid question.  Looking at the addon board and merely seeing 3 small thingamajobbers (that's non engineering speak!) and some solder pads, I admit I was curious why it wasn't incorporated into the board itself.  Alex is more vocal, some are more thoughtful.  

Naigon explained it perfectly well.  Good and done.

Move along

I think you'll find the correct terminology is "thingamajigs". Bit of schoolboy error there on your part Kit.  ;)

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 02:06:34 PM »
I was curious about the board being seperate as well.  Makes sense, and I have heard from a lot of people how that extra .25 or .50 length can cause all kinds of havoc with the internal portions of a design.

I could see laying the part down vertically as a benefit as well.  I take it there would still be room to run wires past it when it is set like this in most hilts.

Ya, actually if you look in IndustrialAction's video he trimmed the TruDrive down quite a bit and actually created "cut outs" in two spots that would probably allow wires to pass by really easily if it were turned up on end.

Not a bad idea at all actually.

Here's the link for anyone that wants a closer look.  The video is pretty good: 

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=39122.msg526367#msg526367

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline Jedi Oz 66

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 10:13:44 PM »
Just ordered one to go in my Yoda Chassis , if it ever get delivered by Aus post.

Offline Guanyin

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2014, 07:16:51 PM »
Looking to Purchase a Spark(tm) for a personal custom build. Currentley unavailable on your website.
Any coming out of the workshop soon?? Or do you do make to order?

Many Thanks!

retrousse