fiduciary

Author Topic: Saberhead Custom Sabers and Conversions  (Read 14327 times)

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
Saberhead Custom Sabers and Conversions
« on: June 01, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
Saberhead Custom Sabers and Conversions

Adept at custom installs of virtually any available hilt, crammer of crystal chambers into difficult builds.  Tackling the "unconvertable" in free-time for 4+ years.  Now offering machining services and custom saber designs and builds.

Every saber is different, as is every install.  Each job I take on is a custom install for that saber so the price for the conversion fluctuates depending on:

Saber make
Electronics wanted
What is provided vs what Saberhead Custom Sabers and Conversions provides

Please understand when you request a quote based off of a design it takes 2-3 hours for me to figure out costs, and come up with a price. I request all inquires be relatively serious. I understand if you are “pricing” Saber-smiths, but also keep in mind with some sabers, large amounts of time are put into figuring out if I can DO what you are wanting and building your custom quote.

What Saberhead Custom Sabers and Conversions Requires (Saberhead CSC)

Got a saber you'd like an install quote on?  I need pics of the saber assembled and if possible dissassembled if it's not a more mainstream saber, as well as a listing of what you want electronically inside and what you will be providing sent to me via PM here.

Specializing

Saberhead CSC specializes in Larbel Obi TPM saber installs, unique crystal chambers frequently adorned with fiber optics, IGNITER soundboard installs, and Korbanth/Parks hilts.  Examples of prior builds can be found here (just a few):

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=32805.0
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=35589.0
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=19778.0
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=29321.0
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=29934.0
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=32225.0
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=21214.0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saberhead CSC Terms and Conditions

A 50% deposit is required prior to the start of all projects.*

A 30% cost for labor will be added at the end of each Lightsaber Commision. (30% of total parts to build your Lightsaber)

Construction generally takes 3-6 weeks to finish after parts are received and your build is started.

A 90 day limited warranty is included with all Saber Builds and services.

No Saber or Completed service will ship until Payment is made in full by the Client. No Exceptions.

Service Fees

Be advised the prices listed do not include parts cost.  Additional parts cost required for your build will be passed on to you.  I charge my cost for all parts used.

Labor Fees included in price unless otherwise specified and all prices are subject to change.

Install in hilt Rechargeable battery system:
•   NIMH - $45
•   Li-ion - $55
•   Charger with adapter - $32
•   Prices can change based on different batteries. I will most likely need to add a hole to your hilt.

Install MR/Hasbro FX Sound in a saber that is capable of holding one:
•   Customer supplied board - $55-75
•   Saber CSC Supplied board - $145 (price includes finder's fee plus labor)
•   Premium speaker add $10
•   Be advised these prices do not include misc* parts cost.

Install Ultrasound 1.x or 2.x:
•   Customer Supplied boards - $82 (Meaning YOU buy the board, then PAY me to install it).  This price is for a straight swap of boards only. Should you want your old MR sound board returned to you there is a surcharge of $35.00*
•   Saberhead CSC supplied the board (subject to availability) $207.00.

Install Crystal Focus: (***Customer supplied boards ONLY***)
•   Basic Install and setup (Includes basic sound fonts, and basic calibration) - $160
•   CoF adds $35 to the basic cost.  For Custom Installs and advanced setups - **CONTACT FOR ESTIMATE**•   Be advised these prices do not include misc. parts cost.

Install PCv1.5-2.0:
•   Customer Supplied boards - $125 (Meaning YOU buy the board, then PAY me to install it).  This price is for a straight swap of boards only.
•   Saberhead CSC supplied the board (subject to availability) $260.00.

Install Igniter/Spark:
•   Customer Supplied boards - $135-155 (Meaning YOU buy the board, then PAY me to install it).  This price is for a straight install of boards only.  Spark is $135, Igniter $155.  This does not include cost of configuring the board.
•   Saberhead CSC supplied the board (subject to availability) $250-330 (spark-igniter).
•   Be advised these prices do not include misc* parts cost

MR saber LED conversion(Basic MR/Hfx conversion) These prices are for owner supplied sabers and do not include any "extra" features!:
•   Basic Conversion:  Contact for quote, based on type of saber.

Install Accent LED in saber:
   Basic 5mm LED $10 each plus LED cost
   LED bargraph: PM me for quote.

Install Crystal Pommel/chamber in Saber (that is capable of holding one):
   Crystal Pommel:  $35 plus parts
   Crystal Chamber: $100

Install Reverse Sound system: (not available for all sabers)
   $40-$55 plus parts

***Parks/Saberkit/Sith Planet/Korbanth Conversion pricelist:***
        Contact me for Quote

Weathering a saber
        $25-$45

In addition to the cost of building your Lightsaber other possible fees include:
Shipping and Handling: This includes ordered parts, and to your home (if needed) (Insurance will be added to every item shipped unless otherwise specified).

Miscellaneous costs: This includes screws, chassis materials, etc. Basically any little parts I need to make your saber. Not included in 30% Labor fee.

Rush Order: $10 per saber in front of you.  Use if needed by certain date, i.e. Birthday, Halloween Costume, gift, etc. OR… Your saber has 7 other builds ahead of it. You need it now! So $10.00 a saber equals a $70.00 fee.

Late Change: Let’s say you want to change your design in mid construction. No problem! However, you will still have to pay for parts I have already ordered.

* Saberhead CSC Reserves the right to require more than a 50% deposit before a build is begun, as well as to require less than 50%.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saberhead Custom Sabers and Conversions Limited Warranty

Limited Warranty covers defects in workmanship for the Product for a period of 90 days from the original date of Receipt* from Saberhead Custom Sabers and Conversions.
***I offer a 90 day warranty repair on my work from the day you receive it. Anything after that is subject to a repair fee***
It is my utmost intention that you are happy with your custom saber.  Please contact me with ANY issues before the end of the 90 day period, I will be more than happy to help you.

This limited Warranty does not cover any damage due to (1) Acts Of God, Accident, Misuse or Abuse, Negligence, Improper Handling, or modifications of this Product in any way, (2) improper operation or maintenance of this Product; or (3) attempted repair by any party other than Saberhead Conversions. This Limited Warranty does not apply where it is determined by Saberhead Conversions that there is no fault with the Product itself.
Repairs not covered by the Limited Warranty may, at Saberhead Conversions discretion, be carried out at the owner's expense.
You, the customer, are responsible for the cost of returning the Product to and return shipping from Saberhead Conversions.
Electronics including, soundboards, batteries, and LEDs are not warranted by me.

Warranty is non-transferable.

*You must have receipt or part number in order to obtain the Limited Warranty.

Liability:
***I am not responsible in any way for Soundboard failures, blown speakers, or over driven LEDS. ***
***I am not responsible in any way for injuries received while handling, or dueling with the saber. ***
***Neither affiliated nor endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd., FX Sabers, or Ultrasabers LLC. ***[/center]

SABERS AT BAT/ON DECK

Kenobi2185---OWK1 w/PC2.0--                                        SHIPPED
Son of Sons---Hasboro Obi TPM w/PC2.0---                      SHIPPED
cordaroyfog---Larbel Obi TPM w/CF "crystal core"--          SHIPPED
non-fx contact---Larbel Obi TPM w/CF, pull down reveal   SHIPPED
Jedibowls--CFv5 and PC2.0 installs                                   SHIPPED
Scottjua---MR Qui-gon LE w/PC2.0                                     SHIPPED
DarthVix--switch in clamp install                                        SHIPPED
Djkibaman---Mara Jade w/CF                                              SHIPPED
Sanjuro---4 PC2.0 installs                                                    SHIPPED
DarthMonkey--2 custom installs                                       SHIPPED
Lord_shar--2 rush custom installs                                      SHIPPED
Jedi-Yar-Nala---4 Custom install                                         Waiting---sabers (minus 1 custom) received
non-fx contact--custom hilt w/Igniter                                 SHIPPED
eyeoftheraven--3 custom installs                                       Paid--Sabers received, sabers dissassembled, 2 shipped, 1 awaiting board repair
Kel Arden---Custom Game of Thrones saber                          SHIPPED
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 11:53:10 AM by KIT FISTO »
Support our Font Makers!

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
Re: Saberhead Conversions
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 09:28:55 PM »
PM sent

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 10:36:25 PM »
Replied and slotted.  That'll be a fun challenge  :D
Support our Font Makers!

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 10:55:06 PM »
Replied and slotted.  That'll be a fun challenge  :D

You will need access to some good machines.  I had to have a machine shop do the neck milling for me because my lathe was too small.

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 02:09:12 PM »
Updated OP, also a minor announcement

At some point last weekend I ruptured a disk in my lower back.  Trying to "man" my way through the week proved unsuccessful and went to the ER yesterday.  Am on pain meds/shots and have some physical therapy to do.  As a result, I didn't get much done on anything for anybody this week, and the first part of this upcoming week is looking about the same.

Should be back up and running within a few more days, and my apologies for those of you whose sabers are almost done and I just can't sit long enough to finish it at the moment, but rest assured, everything is in order for completion and I'll be back at it shortly.

Thanks!
Support our Font Makers!

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 02:14:20 PM »
Sucks! I hope you're doing better soon man. Your health is #1, sabers can wait.

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline EyeoftheRaven

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 10:45:23 AM »
Sent you some pms about possible conversions, thanks.  Hope you feel better soon.

Offline EyeoftheRaven

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 05:12:22 AM »
Pm sent, looking forward to working with you.

Offline Timo

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 07:44:49 PM »
PM sent over!   :D
"Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness."

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 10:19:42 AM »
Apologies for my recent absence.  A family emergency on my wifes side came up and we were out of the area for a few days to help in the funeral arrangements.  We are now back at the home front so I will be sending out responses and pm's/emails here shortly.  Thanks for your understanding!
Support our Font Makers!

Offline Timo

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 06:02:40 PM »
Apologies for my recent absence.  A family emergency on my wifes side came up and we were out of the area for a few days to help in the funeral arrangements.  We are now back at the home front so I will be sending out responses and pm's/emails here shortly.  Thanks for your understanding!

It happens unfortunately.   :-[   Family first.  I hope all is well!   :)
"Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness."

Offline Lord_Shar

• Force User
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 08:42:42 AM »
Hi Kit, PM's sent for another build project. :)

Offline Nihillus

• Force User
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 09:29:15 PM »
Pm sent about conversion project.

Thanks,

Offline Chafaris

• No Force
Re: Saberhead Custom Sabers and Conversions
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 01:45:07 AM »
Heya Kit!

Just wondering if you have received my pm`s.

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
Re: Saberhead Custom Sabers and Conversions
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 07:26:23 AM »
Glad your back Kit...

retrousse