fiduciary

Author Topic: Demo of the font REAVER for CF (re-worked)  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
Demo of the font REAVER for CF (re-worked)
« on: November 09, 2010, 06:53:38 PM »
From Blood Omen to Defiance, the Legacy of Kain series has been some of my favorite games of all time. This font idea was based on wielding the Soulreaver blade...in a saber! :D

Originally I made this as I was waiting for my first CF saber, and it was eventually added as a guest font on NSCFCD2. I wanted to update it from a 3.0 version to a 4.0 and higher. All sounds are captures from the games and some (clashes mostly) are mixed with "traditional" saber sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgwlx1TGaHg

Hope you like it! :)

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
Re: Demo of the font REAVER for CF (re-worked)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 07:39:27 PM »
Great job Shade. I never heard the originals, but those sounded really good! Keep up the good work! :)

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 04:05:50 PM »
very nice font shadeslinger im surprised you didnt try to incorporate the warp gates from soulreaver ps1...yeah , still a proud owner of that series of games ... the first ps1 game featuring raziel is still an all time top 10 for me,... SUPERB STUFF.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 04:18:07 PM »
He sent me a preview copy of this and I loaded it up in Triton.

great stuff! 10x better than V1
The boot sound included is perfect, and now it has a proper menu sound as well.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 08:12:31 PM »
Thanks guys. :)

@vulcan: I had considered the warp gate, but...there were many others sounds to decide on and it didn't quite make it. I did try to turn the warp gates from Defiance into a lockup type sound, but there was way to much bass and after I tried equalizing it, it seemed too thin of a sound.

Truth be told, I was considering making  different interchangable swing "sets" because there are so many cool swing sounds after you "baptize" the reaver with the elemental powers. Maybe one day??

@Jango: Glad you like it man! That reminds me though, the poweron2 sound I sent you mixed in with the hum...kinda weird. I've since fixed this and will send the revised sound to you soon. ;)

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 03:01:08 AM »
well if you couldn't get the warp gate sounds working at least you tried ... its still a font i would use ... if i ever get hold of a CF-V5... im seriously thinking about playing those games one more time.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 12:05:21 PM »
One thing is for certain... there is most definitely nothing wrong in people mixing alternate sounds for... well... WHATever sound file people want.  I mean "blasters" don't have to be blasters... and "force" sounds could be anything you want.  :)

As it is... when I did the TFU: Starkiller font... naturally, there were FAR more sounds from the game than there were "sound slots" for me to use with CF.  So... as people can note with CD#2... there are EXTRAS.  :D

Funny thing is... I have never even played TFU.  Well, wait--scratch that--I played it for like 2 minutes very very recently at Gravy's.  Which was WELL after the release of CD#2.

The only reason I did any good with TFU Starkiller was most likely because of good ol' "Binny".  :D  Aaron Sellars, "Bin Adam".  :D

Anyhow though... yah, I haven't played the Reaver game either... I guess I should--it sounds pretty cool!!!
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 02:37:53 PM »
nova,.. if you like time travel, time loops and paradoxes, if you have a ps2 and 3 and if you have the TIME?... you wouldn't be disappointed , well.. provided your into vid games.

retrousse