fiduciary

Author Topic: Anakin and his lightsabers...  (Read 14326 times)

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
Re: Anakin and his lightsabers...
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2006, 03:54:03 PM »
I like the ROTS one more.

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2006, 03:56:08 PM »
The Sabers for ROTS and AOTC were plastics, made from milled originals ::) by the shop in Australia.

I like the slightly different look given to the ROTS Graflex as It represents the Saber as Constructed by
Anakin, as does Obiwans look shiny and new :D.
Then on to ANH wher Obiwan has spent the last 20 years with supposedly His Saber, Anakins and
Quigons Right?

Well if both the Anakin and Obiwan loose their "covertech clips" for conventional Loop D rings.
and they both loose the circut card on the clamp.
It would stand to reason that Obiwan used both of these Sabers and changed both of them in similar
ways... but Obviously keeping in mind that He would hopefully be giving it to Luke one day.

Which of course He did. :)

And it gives us More Sabers to get :D  a great move for Lucas Merchandising :D
(that merchandising is practically what paid for all these movies ;))

Jedi Guardian

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2006, 03:57:18 PM »
I actually like all of Anakin's lightsabers, with the ROTS one being my favorite (the one that gets passed down to Luke).

But overall, I like Sidious' hilt the best....small, easy to conceal...easy to double-wield two of them for mass destruction, etc.. ;D

Jedi Guardian

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2006, 04:00:03 PM »
Yeah, I get what you mean, Yoda.

Obi-Wan had like, what, 20 years to fart around with those lightsabers.   I like the D-ring attachments, though.   If I had real lightsabers, I'd never go anywhere without a good belt clip for 'em.

What makes me wonder .....is how Obi-Wan aged from looking basically 30...to looking age 75+ in between ROTS and ANH.    It's either a plot hole, or Tatooine is xxx on the skin..

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2006, 04:01:00 PM »
Tatooine is Harsh on the Skin, what with two suns and all ;D

xwingband

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2006, 04:01:12 PM »
And it gives us More Sabers to get :D  a great move for Lucas Merchandising :D
(that merchandising is practically what paid for all these movies ;))

For the prequel maybe.  For the OT it was pure practicality.  They used what they had.

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2006, 04:06:54 PM »
He's supposed to be 57 by the PT adjustment in ANH, wow, plot-holes are terrible for a Jedi's health.  :o

Jedi Guardian

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2006, 04:10:07 PM »
only 57?

He looks almost as old as Dooku..

If Dooku can still do flips and twirly bird spins, why can't Oldi-Wan...err....Obi?    ;D

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2006, 04:13:56 PM »
He could, you should've seen the duel that took place just off screen. Just wait a few years and it'll finally be put back in for the Ultra-Super-Cool Special Edition.

Jedi Guardian

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2006, 04:14:54 PM »
speaking of the OT, this reminds me of a few things..

When did the Empire start actually drafting people instead of using the clones?    .....and does the Empire pay its' employees?   I think the Emperor uses a lot of people, including Force Adepts to serve under him..

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2006, 04:24:57 PM »
I have the Chronicles Book that Has the Time listed as 19 years after ROTS... ANH Takes place.
Luke is Right Obiwan is 57 in ANH, which means He would have been 38 in ROTS, And Anakin is now 23.

Yes Two Suns in the Sky and the stress of watching after Luke maybe? :D

Maybe The Force was Stronger with them during ROTS, Dooku had to be working at His age which would have been 83
in ROTS, according to the book.
Let's say Obiwan was in retirement and not up to His game in ANH when having to confront Anakin/Vader again :D

Who would have been 42 in ANH. ::)

Basically 3 generations of Jedi ;)

Jedi Guardian

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2006, 04:29:22 PM »
Wow....Dooku's an old fart.

They should have had Ric Flair from Pro Wrestling play him.   My friends and I all think that would be funny.

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2006, 04:32:55 PM »
Hey Aayla.

Were you speaking of the saber that actually isn't in ROTS, but they made a prop and some replicas for it anyway?  I believe that's his Sith Apprentice saber, and he never really uses it in any of the movies as far as I can tell.

I've always wondered what happens to his saber between ESB and ROTJ, since they're different.   He's Darth Vader....no other Jedi at the time, and Luke is still training during that year or so.   What, does he drop it down a reactor shaft by mistake or something?

...just to add on a little personal note, I actually like Anakin's AOTC saber.   I think the chrome looks good on that....maybe even looks better than the Vader ones with the black..

Yes, I was referring to Vader's ROTS saber at the end of my post. It's my favorite of all hilts, actually. :)

From what I understand the Vader ANH and ESB props were lost, so the props department had to develop a new lightsaber for Vader in ROTJ. I don't know why they couldn't just replicate his ESB saber, because I totally dislike his ROTJ saber. :(

It was simple.  They didn't have any MPP flashes left but had plenty of Graflex's.  So they dressed it up.  It was used in dark scenes so for quite a while no one knew.

AFAIK it was the lack of MPP "stunt sabers" (with the metal blade attached);
not the belt prop.

and they had plenty of Graflex-based "stunt sabers" left over from filming ESB,
which were never going to be used again otherwise.

so for the 'last' movie, instead of fabricating a bunch of new stunt sabers for Vader,
they just painted the emitter black on all the old Luke ESB ones for Vader to use.

they probably thought nobody would notice.
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

xwingband

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2006, 04:38:30 PM »
Hey Aayla.

Were you speaking of the saber that actually isn't in ROTS, but they made a prop and some replicas for it anyway?  I believe that's his Sith Apprentice saber, and he never really uses it in any of the movies as far as I can tell.

I've always wondered what happens to his saber between ESB and ROTJ, since they're different.   He's Darth Vader....no other Jedi at the time, and Luke is still training during that year or so.   What, does he drop it down a reactor shaft by mistake or something?

...just to add on a little personal note, I actually like Anakin's AOTC saber.   I think the chrome looks good on that....maybe even looks better than the Vader ones with the black..

Yes, I was referring to Vader's ROTS saber at the end of my post. It's my favorite of all hilts, actually. :)

From what I understand the Vader ANH and ESB props were lost, so the props department had to develop a new lightsaber for Vader in ROTJ. I don't know why they couldn't just replicate his ESB saber, because I totally dislike his ROTJ saber. :(

It was simple.  They didn't have any MPP flashes left but had plenty of Graflex's.  So they dressed it up.  It was used in dark scenes so for quite a while no one knew.

AFAIK it was the lack of MPP "stunt sabers" (with the metal blade attached);
not the belt prop.

and they had plenty of Graflex-based "stunt sabers" left over from filming ESB,
which were never going to be used again otherwise.

so for the 'last' movie, instead of fabricating a bunch of new stunt sabers for Vader,
they just painted the emitter black on all the old Luke ESB ones for Vader to use.

they probably thought nobody would notice.

They went to a lot more work than just paint the emitter black but... meh.  Details, details...

It doesn't matter.  We can come up with many scenarios but the truth is it was practicality.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2006, 04:51:45 PM »
Truley one of the best things about Star Wars is we are given so Much tosee and
go on... yet there is still so much left up to imagination.

It's really one of the qualities that makes Star Wars able to span generations and
still be entertaining years later 8)

retrousse