fiduciary

Author Topic: V2 Finished. Video uploaded.  (Read 10823 times)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
V2 Finished. Video uploaded.
« on: February 01, 2010, 08:37:03 PM »
UPDATE finally.  I finished up the saber and finally got around to doing a video.

video link in post 23.

Well I decided I have polished enough sabers and I wanted to build a V2.  I am used to making them pretty and new looking so this is my first attempt at making it look used and old.

on with the pics...click them for larger ones.

In this pic you can see how I modified the pastor jedi V2 lever to work like it should (opening and tightening the clamp)...

It will get either a MR ROTJ board or US 2.5 depending on how I want to use my boards.  The LED will either be a P4 if I use an MR board or LED 10W RGGB using only the GG (what I have on hand) if I use the US board.

I know I am all over the place with projects here but I wanted to do all the cosmetic stuff on all of them and then do all the electronics at once.  Just the way I work sometimes.  I cant just sit and do one project at a time. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 07:33:22 AM by MH »

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
Re: V2 WIP
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 08:47:48 PM »
Wow.... MH, that seriously looks like it's seen some time! ;D

You're quite the talented saber-smith, I'm a big fan of your polishing, but your "unpolishing," so to speak, looks just as good! :D

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Dark Navel

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 08:49:37 PM »
So far so good, NICE!  You going with reverse sound on this?

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 08:52:27 PM »
most impressive.

Cant wait to see it complete.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 09:25:22 PM »
Dude, that looks great...I say you use the 10W LedEngine....it's UBER bright...IMO a V2 that pretty deserves it.  ;D

Offline pneumoniaprone

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 09:35:13 PM »
Nice looking V2 MH. Those parts PJ provided are spawning some great versions.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 07:38:12 AM »
I know I am all over the place with projects here but I wanted to do all the cosmetic stuff on all of them and then do all the electronics at once.  Just the way I work sometimes.  I cant just sit and do one project at a time. 
I hear ya. My workbench is covered with about 5 different sabers right now. :D

This looks really good. Was this one of the L6 sabers from Korbanth's run?

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 12:01:32 PM »
Very nice weathering. I also really like that hero extended emitter. What size blade are you using, 3/4 or 7/8"?

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 02:06:04 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I am probably going to re-do it.  This was pretty much just a test to see what I could do with regular paint.  I am going to try a different technique using powder to see how that goes.  I think I want a little less weathering as well.  We will see.  I may test the weathering I am thinking about on a test piece first just to make sure it works.

This is an LS6 from the korbanth run.  I took it apart, moved the tube up far enough to cut off the part of the tube that had the holes in it (from it having a regular emitter), installed the pastorjedi lever, card and D ring.  it has a 3/4 blade.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:25:22 AM by MH »

Offline rotsman09

• Master Force User
  • "A man chooses, a slave obeys. I chose.. Rapture"
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 02:30:53 PM »
Man, that looks great!  The pommel looks solid, are you going to drill holes or vent the sound through other means? Great job man! And I thought your polishing was good... LOL!!
This is where the fun begins!

Proud owner of an AMAZING MR v2 stunt LDM/Caine
-Starkillers coming soon...in summer.. Too much work...

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
Re: V2 WIP...updated with thinner neck.
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 06:36:16 PM »
I stripped the paint, made the neck even thinner than it was and redid the weathering after listening to my peers on another forum who I respect greatly.

I am "happy" with the end results.  Its not perfect and I still feel it lacks something or needs some tweaking but I am happy enough right now to leave it alone until I get more practice at weathering and then consider revisiting it.

I may work on the electronics of this one this weekend instead of the prophecy. 

The neck is now 3/4" instead of 7/8" and I added the groove between the neck ring and emitter.

here are the pics.  Let me know what you think.  I really need better lighting to show the subtle wear effect in the grooves but you can kind of see it in these pics.

click for larger pics.

oh and the pommel is not solid.  It is hollow with a thin piece of metal covering the hole.  I will probably drill sound holes there.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 06:38:32 PM by MH »

Offline General Veers

• Master Force User
  • I gots BAD frostbite on Hoth.
    • Lightsabers with GV
Re: V2 WIP...updated with a thinner neck and final weathering
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 09:32:48 PM »
That looks ------GREAT------!  Very nice work you've done there!

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 09:55:38 PM »
As a V2 aficiando  I must say it's very nice...very accurate to the prop. I am looking forward to seeing it completed.  8)

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 07:12:19 AM »
Amazing!! The weathering and thin neck are super cool! If this saber doesn't get a US 2.5, I'm gonna donate one to you. :D

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 09:36:20 AM »
Amazing!! The weathering and thin neck are super cool! If this saber doesn't get a US 2.5, I'm gonna donate one to you. :D

Thanks,

not getting a 2.5 so go ahead and donate :D.  I only have one US board and its going in my prophecy.

For now it will be getting the ultimate.  I will be installing a CF in it.  I may or may not keep the CF in it but for now it will have a CF.  If the CF stays it will have a RGGB with the two G in series and B as a clash flash but I have to wait until I can get the bare LED because I do not want to take the chance of taking the LED off the base of the LED/star I have.  Until then it will have a P4G (and will keep that if I go back to a US board later). 

retrousse