fiduciary

Author Topic: MH's version of TridCloudwalker's Ki-Adi Mundi with sound  (Read 9567 times)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
MH's version of TridCloudwalker's Ki-Adi Mundi with sound
« on: December 03, 2009, 09:28:31 PM »
Well I finally finished my Ki-Adi Mundi I got form TridCloudwalker.  The quality of the saber was very good and although it was tight I was able to get everything in it I wanted to.

Specifics...

...My normal extreme polish
...powdercoated all the inset lines with black chrome II
...MR Yoda board
...14500 Li-Ion battery with recharge port/kill key
...Red LED on side comes on with power to the board (removal of kill key or charger)
...10 Segment LEDs lit up in order with the power up and down sequence (like Eastern did on his)
...Lux III green---This is just temporary because I had a LED assembly from my prophecy I used.  I am having another LED module made for it and I will be putting my P4 Blue in then.
...the black covertec wheel is only temporary.  It is the only one I had until my next TCSS order.

...This in not meant to be a screen accurate hilt.  I just put my personal tastes into it but kept it simple and clean.

Here is a video of the saber in action...

Here are the pics...

Nice mirror huh?

more pics...

Below is a pic of the recharge port.  It is epoxied to a modified speaker grill of a Yoda saber which is used as the bottom of the chassis type assembly I made (using a MR blade).  The kill key is a nozzle of a spray paint can (that gives you an idea of how small it is) with a screw top stuck on it to grip (the screw doesnt touch the + of the recharge port)

Below is the speaker back in place.  It is a little bit of a pain to take the speaker out when you want to kill power or recharge it but I didn't want to modify the saber to accommodate for the port so this was the next best thing.  I thought of using the brass piece as a kill key and have the port in that location but I wanted to have the brass piece on it when the saber was powered. 

I had to slightly modify the edges of the opening so the premium speaker would fit (an MR would fit but I didn't have a working MR speaker...just a bad one to test fitting).  I also had to modify the back side (side against the speaker) of the pommel disk so it didn't touch the speaker and distort. 

« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 05:17:05 AM by MH »

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
Re: MH's version of TridCloudwalker's Ki-Adi Mundi with sound
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 09:32:20 PM »
Beautiful work... :o

I'm a big fan of your polishing methods, it really brings the saber to life as an elegant weapon! Looks incredible! Worthy of a true Jedi Master. Great job MH, extremely good workmanship 8)

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Vektor

• Master Force User
  • That other Finnish guy
    • My Elegant Weapons
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 10:40:32 PM »
Very very nice! This hilt design is among my top five favourites and I really like this finish more than blasted one.

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 05:17:23 AM »
Thanks,

First post updated with video.

Offline Vos Malek

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 06:41:19 AM »
Wow very nice looking saber!  It sure looks like it was a tight fit in there.  I'm loving the high polish.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 07:19:27 AM »
Niiiice a Saesse Tiin, Agen Kolar, Anakin-Geonosis saber!  8)

And the spectacular polishing job makes that design look even better than the the Ki-Adi bead blasted version imo.

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Paul Lanski

• Master Force User
  • facebook.com/adrigraphics
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 08:14:15 AM »
waw! that is beautifully polished.. I like shiny lightsaber ;D
it's a masterpiece..

Offline Darth_Baleful

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 04:26:49 PM »
amazingly done MH 8)  your mirror finishes are just superb! great job!

MTFBWY
Praise be the order brought forth from the very edge of chaos.

There is only one return. And it's not of the King, it's of the JEDI

Offline Darth Mule

• No Force
    • www.chrismueller.net
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 08:52:36 PM »
Nice! I am currently in the process of hooking up mine. 

My question is:  How did you do the activation switch? I notice you turned the large knob.  How did you facilitate this?
-Chris
Costume Guru

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 10:06:31 PM »
Thanks all...

Nice! I am currently in the process of hooking up mine. 

My question is:  How did you do the activation switch? I notice you turned the large knob.  How did you facilitate this?

I used a tactile switch under the knob.  I placed the switch where I wanted it and cut the screw down to where it pushes the button when it is fully screwed in (so I don't over screw it and break the switch).  This causes the momentary tactile switch to be a permanent switch since the screw holds it down until I unscrew it. 

Also an update.  I don't really like the black 10 segment LED but I scratched it up and had to do something.  I tried painting it dark gray but it just didn't come out right so I used a permanent marker for the black.

I am ordering a green LED with a grey top (probably a Yellow and red as well since they are pretty cheap...maybe even one of the multi colored ones I found) to replace this one.  If I put the green segment led in there I may keep the green blade that way it kind of looks like its just a window into a crystal chamber lighting up as the light passes by.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 10:15:26 PM by MH »

Offline Akaius

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 06:22:11 AM »
I have to agree with the others, your mirror finish polishing job is fantastic! Very elegant touch on an already elegant saber.
Impressive electronics setup you have as well. ;)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 11:52:11 AM »
LOL @ the ol black marker touch-up dodge...I've used that myself!

I like that thought of using the green bargraph to simulate a crystal chamber...great idea.

And keeping it green would be rarer...you could even get one of those $10 plaques on Ebay and call it the Anakin Skywalker Geonosis Duel saber.  ;)

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 04:33:49 PM »
Shiny! Great job MH.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 06:08:35 PM »
 ;D

wow I really like it!!Great job on your shine!! :o :o

Offline Walky

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 11:30:55 AM »
 wow as everyone else said ,the polish looks fantastic on this saber!

retrousse