fiduciary

Author Topic: TCSS Wish List  (Read 48268 times)

Offline bamster

• Experienced Force User
Re: TCSS Wish List
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 08:10:22 AM »
What about making a pommel like the OBI TPM/AOTC but where the cubes can be interchangeable with other pommels? Like having one pommel similar to OBI's but then have another pommel piece thats maybe pyramid shaped that can be used with the cubes...then he's not just making the pommel to replicate OBI's but rather keeping it custom

Offline BOBA FETT

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Force Relics co-founder, FKA Master Jevaho
    • Force Relics
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 11:08:02 AM »
Sorry master Onli-Won, I didn't know... But the alternate version sounds cool with interchangable cubes

Offline Saarai

• Master WordSmith
  • Force User
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 11:36:22 AM »
Just a thought, but what if the nuber of "cubes" is different than Obi's or Asohka's? wouldn't that mean technically they are not movie replicas, while still getting that, "style"?
BlackBerry Pin: 32A584D4

Character and integrity are what you do when no one is around or looking.
Bowties are cool.
From now on I'll be green, I'll be all the shades of green, they'll call me El Verde and tell my tale in Greenland.
Yoda: "To the hand you must talk." ROP5

Offline BOBA FETT

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Force Relics co-founder, FKA Master Jevaho
    • Force Relics
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 03:08:14 AM »
Indeed! Yhat would give the same look but no movie accuracy!

Offline Reimu

• No Force
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 05:08:39 PM »
I want some rgb leds. I cant find them anywhere. Also, I dont know why they stopped selling graflex clamps. Cus with that, we can all just get obi wans right from the site instead of going elsewhere.

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 06:56:38 PM »
I want some rgb leds. I cant find them anywhere. Also, I dont know why they stopped selling graflex clamps. Cus with that, we can all just get obi wans right from the site instead of going elsewhere.

*coughdealextremecough*

*sniff* *Sniff* hmmm must be coming down with something...

he stopped selling clamps because the supplier wouldn't coperate...

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Aurum Solis

• No Force
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 11:07:57 PM »
Now I know crystal chambers are on the list already, but I just want to say.."MCCS(Modular Crystal Chamber System)". I'd love to see the same approach taken to crystal chambers as tim did with the Modular Hilt system. Remember its whats on the inside that counts  ;)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:09:32 PM by Aurum Solis »

There is no such thing as luck...

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 05:20:55 AM »
Crystal chambers could be part of an entire Modular Chassis System [MCS] with different options for batteries, soundboard mounds etc. as well.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Aurum Solis

• No Force
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 12:32:37 PM »
Crystal chambers could be part of an entire Modular Chassis System [MCS] with different options for batteries, soundboard mounds etc. as well.

Thats an even better idea my friend  8)

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 02:23:21 PM »
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

Offline Aurum Solis

• No Force
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 09:37:02 PM »
Why don't you give your input here:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?12055-Chassis-discs..looking-for-input.

Whoa havent seen that thread yet. havent kept up with the forums much since i dont have internet at my place...I'll post some designs there.

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010, 05:47:47 AM »
Since this is a wish list, how about something like the guarded sitch w/ a twist. The plastic outer part would turn to change the saber any color you'd like. Granted I don't know how to wire and such for that, but we still need the switch first right?

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010, 06:28:20 AM »
Since this is a wish list, how about something like the guarded sitch w/ a twist. The plastic outer part would turn to change the saber any color you'd like. Granted I don't know how to wire and such for that, but we still need the switch first right?

I'm sure that if you have a source for such a switch that Tim would check into it.
I personally have never seen such a switch. Do some "legwork" and see if you can find
a link to such a thing and post it here. I am sure that others would be interested
in it as well. Good luck!
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

Offline Koza

• Shoop Da Woop!
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2010, 10:35:36 AM »
Option ot have smaller OD on MHS parts. Some like it big, some like it slimmer. Why not have both options?

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2010, 12:29:06 PM »
Why not? I can only guess it might be because it would cost Strydur twice as much [money, time, aggravation] to keep DOUBLE the inventory of two sizes of every one of dozens of MHS parts "in stock"? Or maybe he could just discontinue half the parts he makes now and/or take twice as long getting them back in when something goes "out of stock"? I bet we'd all be real happy about either/both of those options eh?  ;)

I have small hands myself but really the MHS parts are not exactly uncomfortably "big" compared to certain MR sabers and iirc the rationale behind the 1.45" MHS standard O.D. was so that one could fit a 1.25" PVC pipe inside for chassis and a 1.5" sinktube outside for overlays which alloys a lot of versatility for the 'fancy' designs so many of the great sabersmiths here make...smaller MHS parts wouldnt be able to use standard pipe/sinktube materials for chassis/overlays so I think that Strydur made a BRILLIANT inspired decision going with the MHS diameters that he did.

And for someone who has small hands really wants or thinks they need a small diameter for ease of spinning there are the choke pieces including the 'long' chokes which are really entire 'skinny' grips compatible with standard MHS pieces. I quite like them myself because of my small hands and would suggest anyone who thinks MHS is too 'big' in O.D. to give them a try...esp the long choke 3 which is fantastically comfy for small hands.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:51:36 PM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

retrousse