fiduciary

Author Topic: Aayla's Darth Vader ESB FFX Review  (Read 24912 times)

Offline Nestea341

• Experienced Force User
Re: My Darth Vader ESB FFX Review
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2005, 12:27:21 PM »
I had one before, but I find it is probably the worst FX lightsaber out there. Thanks God that I had recently exchanged to Anakin Skywalker ROTS, which it is way more better than this lightsaber. The reason I don't like about this lightsaber is because I find the hilt isn't comfortable at all for handling. The blade isn't bright at all when ignited, and the sound is rough and loud. The main problem I had with this lightsaber is that you actually have to hit VERY hard on the object in order to create the clash sound, which it is allowing you to risk of breaking it. Overall, it is not worth buying it and it is best if you buy other FX lightsabers over this one.

Offline jack3auer

• Do or Do Not there is No Try
  • Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2005, 01:54:08 AM »
I had one before, but I find it is probably the worst FX lightsaber out there. Thanks God that I had recently exchanged to Anakin Skywalker ROTS, which it is way more better than this lightsaber. The reason I don't like about this lightsaber is because I find the hilt isn't comfortable at all for handling. The blade isn't bright at all when ignited, and the sound is rough and loud. The main problem I had with this lightsaber is that you actually have to hit VERY hard on the object in order to create the clash sound, which it is allowing you to risk of breaking it. Overall, it is not worth buying it and it is best if you buy other FX lightsabers over this one.

you must have had a seriously disfunctional vader ESB then!

the blade is perfectly bright, it sounds are unique and the idle hum is a wonder in itself.  "the sound is rough"?  the sound is crisp! volume is loud enough that it can still be distinguished next to a ROTJ Luke or Ani ROTS.  the clash sensor works perfectly on mine.  this is one of the best FX's out there and is should be at the top or second on any FX collectors list.

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 04:45:16 AM »
I think the Vader is the best built saber right now and maybe the best saber ever.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline jack3auer

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2005, 05:33:57 AM »
your probably are right syfo.  theres just something about it,  its very different from the jedi ones.  in the dark switch it on, you can feel the dark side of the force!

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2005, 10:50:20 AM »
your probably are right syfo.  theres just something about it,  its very different from the jedi ones.  in the dark switch it on, you can feel the dark side of the force!

Well, I find it middle of the pack. The idle is down-right the best, I sorta feel like Vader walking down the stairs when he finished saber-tossing at Luke in ROTJ, but the cumbersome hilt is horrible. Now, because Vader has a mechanical hand, it is basic for him to grip. I actually have one minus the ignition switch, like Bob Anderson's fighting prop. The button for ignition has been moved to where the Vader ANH's is located. Much more practical. Over all, because of this issue, 8 / 10. Sorry, gotta be complete to get a 10. IMO

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »

you must have had a seriously disfunctional vader ESB then!

the blade is perfectly bright, it sounds are unique and the idle hum is a wonder in itself.  "the sound is rough"?  the sound is crisp! volume is loud enough that it can still be distinguished next to a ROTJ Luke or Ani ROTS.  the clash sensor works perfectly on mine.  this is one of the best FX's out there and is should be at the top or second on any FX collectors list.

I totally agree. I love my both Vader sabers. It's actually the only saber with no major problems. I find some bigger flaws in every other sabers compared to Vader ESB. This is mainly the one saber to buy. I managed to swing & play with it, but surely not the best one for that and I had some little scratches on my hand. The on/off switched off quite often when swinging crazy, but otherwise no problems. It depends how you use it. Vader ANH has got better on/off switch. Overall very recommended saber, one of the best, just not my favorite one...

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2005, 08:40:13 AM »
hey in that pic provided by Aayala.....the on/off switch are those little bubble thingy's.....do you press a certain one to ignite????
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline jack3auer

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2005, 08:50:12 AM »
hey in that pic provided by Aayala.....the on/off switch are those little bubble thingy's.....do you press a certain one to ignite????

no, the whole bubble strip slides up about 4or5 millimeters.

Offline Knuckle01

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2005, 10:21:16 AM »
ohhhhhhhhhhh ok.....makes sense. when i 1st saw a vader hilt up close i thought that was some kind of power meter, lol.

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2005, 12:45:53 PM »
ohhhhhhhhhhh ok.....makes sense. when i 1st saw a vader hilt up close i thought that was some kind of power meter, lol.

It was a suprise for me also and I actually thought that Vader ESB had the same ignite button as the ANH version.  :)

Offline Knuckle01

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2005, 04:43:10 PM »
speaking of the vader saber.....it does have a striking resemblance to the anakin hilt. in the story, does vader construct the "vader" hilt?

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2005, 04:48:07 PM »
speaking of the vader saber.....it does have a striking resemblance to the anakin hilt. in the story, does vader construct the "vader" hilt?

I find very little resemblance between Anakin & Vader hilt. I believe that Vader built his own saber, can't tell for sure...
Anakin hilt is the same kind of as the Luke ESB in many ways...

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2005, 05:57:15 PM »
Take alook at the Vader ANH saber and the Anakin AOTC there are alot of similarities, alot
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2005, 06:02:33 PM »
Take alook at the Vader ANH saber and the Anakin AOTC there are alot of similarities, alot

Oh yeah, how stupid was I, the Anakin AOTC, heh  :D

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2005, 07:05:22 PM »
You are learning fast my young apprentice soon you will be able to be a master of the darkside of the force or be a jedi I dont know

retrousse