fiduciary

Author Topic: eFX Obi-Wan Sneak Peek From Comic Con....  (Read 33967 times)

Offline GRAND MOFF TARKIN

• formerly pianoman/Admiral Piett
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Fear will keep them in line...
Re: eFX Obi-Wan Sneek Peek From Comic Con....
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 11:47:12 AM »
Very cool. Thumbs up to Efx for taking the static prop one step further! Good thinking on their part.

And cheers to Ki-Adi for snapping good photos. IF you look at the 4th photo..Ki, what were all those wires coming out of the hilt?

Offline BIGGS DARKLIGHTER

• Formerly known as Heimidal
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 12:01:29 PM »
I like the Saber, but that stand has to go. It looks like it belongs on the back of a truck. It kinda looks like a trailer.

As for Xtreme, it works for me. Pretty common way of spelling these days. But I do see that from a collecting standpoint that is may be too cliche.

Han.... the stand in the current pics isn't the final stand. Apparently they are supposed to have the final stand there sometime Thursday.

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 01:31:34 PM »
When this beauty hits the markets?

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 02:18:19 PM »
I like the Saber, but that stand has to go. It looks like it belongs on the back of a truck. It kinda looks like a trailer.

As for Xtreme, it works for me. Pretty common way of spelling these days. But I do see that from a collecting standpoint that is may be too cliche.

Han.... the stand in the current pics isn't the final stand. Apparently they are supposed to have the final stand there sometime Thursday.

OK.....I just hope it isn't the camping trailer. :-\ It would ba a shame, since the Hilt is very nice. 8)

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline The Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 03:36:41 PM »
I love collecting lightsabers but I'm not sure that I like this one. In some of the pics there are two sabers, one complete and one in reveal. Does this mean that you can take the saber apart and display it however you want?
Jedimoves is right.

Yes. When "closed" it will be an Obi-Wan ANH as it would normally appear. Even though the prototype is pristine, the final version WILL be weathered so don't worry about that one. You can display it "open" or "closed".

I'm not too keen on the Xtreme name either.

Thanks for clearing that up. In that case, I think it is pretty cool. However, isn't anyone worried about this new saber reducing the value of the Obi ANH weathered? I know that to some collectors this might be an issue - like it's the same saber but cooler.

For example: My holy grail of MR lightsabers is the Vader ANH SE: This is partly because it's rare and expencive. If and when I finally get my paws on it, it will be that much more special because I really, really wanted it and had to work hard to get it. Now, if EFX decide to release an xtreme edition Vader ANH SE, would I still want the old version or would I go for the new cooler version?

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 04:36:57 PM »
I have followed closely the Master Replicas items value issue within the last year, the whole spectrum that MR offered to us. Recently many of the force fx lightsabers have started to rise within the markets, like for example Luke ROTJ, Mace AOTC/ROTS, Obi-Wan Rots and so on. People are selling many of these sabers with less than 100$ on forum, even though the true value is much higher nowadays. I see Windu fx going in ebay now with $173$ and still 3 days remaining. Some of the earlier MR products have even tripled along these years, we're talking about three figure numbers on some pieces. Like the Yoda AOTC originally cost only $249, it much more than that nowadays. Obi-Wan TPM Elite edition in high figures and so on. So definitely the values for many MR items have rised lately. I also follow like more than a dozen star wars shops that sell MR items and how people are buying these items with good percent. How do I know? Well many times I looked that there's a great MR treasure in stock and after too many second thoughts I actually fail to get it, since it's out of stock. This time for good. There is definitely a silent hunt going on and when I saw Obi-AOTC LE, I quickly grabbed it, since it was just a lucky find and it would have disappered soon. If there were coming a EFX Obi-Wan AOTC, I wouldn't mind, since I was particulary searching for the MR one. If you're planning to get the MR Vader ANH SE, which means the 1000 limited dual signature edition that our Anakin Skywalker owns, then it's gonna be extremely pricey, but truly a great treasure. Find a nice a deal and grab it if possible, since I mean it wouldn't be the same thing to own a MR Vader ANH SE as EFX Vader ANH SE. Like there's EFX Stormtrooper helmet and MR one, even though there comes changable lenses and stuff with the EFX one, it's no cooler to me anyways. I would grab anyday the MR one over the EFX, but that's just me  :D. Many things affect what you choose to buy, like the hunt for certain item you have longed for, perhaps how limited it was, your own history with the certain manufacturer. Like I have many Finnish friends who lived the ICONS era as collectors and value those over the MR and so on. So it eventually comes to you, what is important to you.

add: Also, the Star Wars actors are getting older and older, like David Prowse, the man is already 73! So there's no guarantee that David Prowse would be there to sign Vader lightsaber plaques for EFX, in worst scenario the MR ANH SE was the last one we'll ever see
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 04:45:28 PM by EMPEROR PALPATINE »

Offline The Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 05:55:08 PM »
Your words hold wisdom, Emperor, so thank you. I'm not a collector who hoards like a dragon and likes to see the value of his collection rise and rise, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit feeling a little worried at the prospect of a much sought after or prized replica becoming obselete. I love my ANH weathered and I couldn't care less that it might not be as special to anyone now that there is efx, however I do worry that it might feel less special to me. Which is silly I suppose.

Emperor, I used to look at this site quite a lot but haven't visited it for about a year so I don't know how up to date it is: http://www.toytracker.net/master/tracking/
You probably know of it already but i thought it couldn't hurt to link to it, just in case.

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 05:58:38 PM »
Your words hold wisdom, Emperor, so thank you. I'm not a collector who hoards like a dragon and likes to see the value of his collection rise and rise, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit feeling a little worried at the prospect of a much sought after or prized replica becoming obselete. I love my ANH weathered and I couldn't care less that it might not be as special to anyone now that there is efx, however I do worry that it might feel less special to me. Which is silly I suppose.

Emperor, I used to look at this site quite a lot but haven't visited it for about a year so I don't know how up to date it is: http://www.toytracker.net/master/tracking/
You probably know of it already but i thought it couldn't hurt to link to it, just in case.

Yes, that's the one I used when the days were young, when it was updated  ;). Nowadays it only gives you a little clue, the true values differ a lot from the ones within toytracker

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 06:10:43 PM »
Very cool. Thumbs up to Efx for taking the static prop one step further! Good thinking on their part.

And cheers to Ki-Adi for snapping good photos. IF you look at the 4th photo..Ki, what were all those wires coming out of the hilt?
Pics are from theforce.net or Rebelscum sneak  peek walk through not sure which... sometimes those links through all over the place when you start clicking on them....anyway those wires look like the power to the saber...being the prototype they might not have the power solution worked out yet.... :D

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
Re: eFX Obi-Wan Sneak Peek From Comic Con....
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2008, 06:26:10 PM »
Here's a link, just don't let the jaw get hurt when it hits the floor  ;D

http://www.rebelscum.com/SDCC08/eFX/

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2008, 06:32:07 PM »
 :D :D

Thanks a lot Ki I just had to change my pants lol :D :D :DGood gosh oh mighty I'd be on that as fast as a cat coming to dinner lol :D :D

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2008, 06:35:49 PM »

Thanks a lot Ki I just had to change my pants lol :D :D :DGood gosh oh mighty I'd be on that as fast as a cat coming to dinner lol :D :D

We have to tie Ben to a chair, he might get all of the Obi-Wan's  ;D

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2008, 06:38:17 PM »

DYeah that's one hot can of tuna..... ;D ;D

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2008, 06:39:48 PM »

My credit card is going to hate me ;lol :o :D

Offline BIGGS DARKLIGHTER

• Formerly known as Heimidal
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2008, 08:13:15 PM »
As far as the Vader sabers go...

Vader ANH was pretty much on the money the 1st time so I doubt eFX will make a "new" version soon.

Vader ESB -> newly discovered info on wire colors on the other side so maybe

Obi-Wan ANH -> Many new discoveries since the MR release so this makes sense

There wasn't a Tyranus ROTS so maybe that'll come out sooner than later.

I'd expect most of the new LEs to be council sabers for a few years first but who knows? I think eFX is going to be careful not to alienate their MR customer base so I don't think we'll have too many rehashes too soon.

Plus, there is a TON of other stuff they can make first.

retrousse