fiduciary

Author Topic: !~Review You've all been waiting for... Mace Windu ROTS 2005~!  (Read 21479 times)

Offline skizzoid

• Formerly known as skizzoid
  • Master Force User
  • At last, we shall reveal ourselves to the Jedi...
Re: !~Review You've all been waiting for... Mace Windu ROTS 2005~!
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2005, 09:23:33 PM »
You should be warned that your FX will look like some combination of the two pictures (in case you weren't aware).  You can see the purple color and splotches, but you won't get the white core like in the second picture.  And it will be brighter than in the first picture.
Master Replicas Force FX Collection:
2004 Mace AOTC
2004 Luke ESB (in pieces)
2004 Luke ESB
2005 Luke ROTJ
2005 Mace ROTS

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2005, 09:25:42 PM »
K thanks alot Maul. ya my friend is getting a new Mace, so i'll his out and then see from there, ill prob. still get it because it looks pretty sweet.
"Impossible, the Sith have been extinct for a millennium."- Ki-Adi-Mundi

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2005, 06:57:46 AM »
In the 1rst pic it looks bright and beautiful!

Offline blahdude

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2005, 02:50:01 PM »
I'm not too sure about getting this saber... it doesn't seem to fit my tastes that much.... i saw one in person at Frank and Sons Collectible Toy Show, but it didn't impress me much......

Why were purple LED's too expensive to buy??? The blotchiness shows a lot more clearly in this blade than in my other ones.... and i only held the blade for a short time.... However, since this is the only other blade out that's readily available, i might have to feed my FX saber addiction and get one anyways, despite my dislikes of it...

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2005, 03:16:42 PM »
My Mace I think has a nice purple color to it and you can see the LEDS strung up the blade like the Vader ESB but only slightly.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Mace101

• Padawan Learner
  • I am your master, Mace Windu.
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2005, 03:43:13 PM »
Really,

There is not much blotchiness. IT's the same as every other blade.
"In the name of the Galactic Republic of the Senate, You are under arrest."- Mace Windu, Episode 3.

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2005, 04:32:01 PM »
Yeah but with the Vader and even the new Luke you can see the LEDS strung up its just they way the are made, but no blotches
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline skizzoid

• Master Force User
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2005, 10:05:24 PM »
I'm not too sure about getting this saber... it doesn't seem to fit my tastes that much.... i saw one in person at Frank and Sons Collectible Toy Show, but it didn't impress me much......

Why were purple LED's too expensive to buy??? The blotchiness shows a lot more clearly in this blade than in my other ones.... and i only held the blade for a short time.... However, since this is the only other blade out that's readily available, i might have to feed my FX saber addiction and get one anyways, despite my dislikes of it...

Purple LEDs are too expensive since red, blue, and green LEDs can be bought at a much higher discount than purple LEDs; not to mention that MR already had blue ones available, so it was easier (and cheaper) for them to use blue LEDs with red foam than to go and purchase purple LEDs.

The Mace shows blotches more easily simply because it uses foam that's been painted red to give the purple color, which doesn't look nearly as nice and uniform as if it were just blue or red LEDs.  You can also make out the lines of red along the foam, so that certainly doesn't help the blotchiness.

I happen to love my Mace, but I understand it's not for everyone.  However, the Anakin ROTS and Vader ESB should be more readily available than the Mace now, so you can go down that road if you don't like the Mace.  Just don't go and buy a lightsaber even if you don't like it; because then, you're missing out on 64.35% of the magic of an FX. ;)
2004 Mace AOTC
2004 Luke ESB
2005 Luke ROTJ
2005 Mace ROTS

Offline blahdude

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2005, 01:14:33 PM »
i see i see... is there a difference in other people's light sabers?? when i saw a Mace in person... at glance the blade is light purple... but anytime you take a closer look at any FX saber... u can see the LED rings... and on the Mace i could see the blue and the red seperately....

maybe it was just my mind telling that i see blue and red since i knew that's how the purple was made.... So yea.... if i don't look too closely at the blade.... i like it....

Offline skizzoid

• Master Force User
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2005, 09:09:11 PM »
i see i see... is there a difference in other people's light sabers?? when i saw a Mace in person... at glance the blade is light purple... but anytime you take a closer look at any FX saber... u can see the LED rings... and on the Mace i could see the blue and the red seperately....

maybe it was just my mind telling that i see blue and red since i knew that's how the purple was made.... So yea.... if i don't look too closely at the blade.... i like it....

Yeah, that's about right on for the Mace.  It looks light purple from a distance, but up close, you can see the blue and red separately.  It can be a little disconcerting to see the red and blue when all the other sabers are solid single colors.  The purple is pretty nice, but like I said before, don't buy the Mace if you don't feel really excited about it.  That is, unless you're trying to collect all the FXs, in which case, buy the Mace! ;)
2004 Mace AOTC
2004 Luke ESB
2005 Luke ROTJ
2005 Mace ROTS

Offline Kyle Katarnn

• Formerly know as Kyle Katarn
  • Master Force User
  • The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestable, Solo.
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2005, 10:11:24 PM »
Yeah, that's about right on for the Mace.  It looks light purple from a distance, but up close, you can see the blue and red separately.  It can be a little disconcerting to see the red and blue when all the other sabers are solid single colors.  The purple is pretty nice, but like I said before, don't buy the Mace if you don't feel really excited about it.  That is, unless you're trying to collect all the FXs, in which case, buy the Mace! ;)
I'm planning to get one soon and I don't think it won't bother me with the difference of the LEDs as long as it works perfect. I first gotta get Luke ESB then I'll get the rest. Good review though, it's always good to know.

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2005, 10:16:22 PM »
I just made a Mace Windu 2005 ROTS video and put it in the gallery.
Here is the link

http://fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1477.from1132812645;topicseen#msg24133
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2005, 07:41:30 AM »
Greetings from Holland.

Can someone tell me, if the batteries less twice as long as in the Vader ESB or Anakin ROTS, because the Mace ROTS has Vader equipment now and has six batteries instead of three as in the Vader?

Your friend Darth Matth.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2005, 07:49:13 AM »
I find that the 6 battery saber last as long as the 3 battery sabers depedning on what batteries you use

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2005, 03:03:37 PM »
Thanks I'm not buying it.

Your friend Darth Matth.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

retrousse