fiduciary

Author Topic: my yoda review  (Read 3890 times)

Offline majorj0nny

• No Force
    • 50klicks.com
my yoda review
« on: May 02, 2008, 01:26:50 PM »
the day before one of the LEDs in my Luke anh saber fried - i was so impressed with that, and seeing how cheap FFX sabers were at www.play.com I opted for the vader anh and yoda sabers!

I love these 2 sabers even more than the luke !

firstly the yoda - I was weary bout the reduced size of both the hilt and the blade - but the saber it so stubby and really quite cool in the hand ! ... I belive they scalled it up from 'life size' i assume to accomadate the battery pack - but more importantly to be humanly holdable !

Ive also heard critisism that this saber has a lot of plastic/rubber compared to metal - this is true but it does not effect it, it feels weighty even with its small size, the thick rubber grips add to the chunky feel, and large plastic middle hilt ring section does too - switch the nicely hidden and Im liking the little green LED style buttons/feature effects.

the metal shroud on the top of the hilt is really nice too - and very strong ! made of thick metal .

the blade is shorter and thin... but feels very solid compared to the long luke blade..

sound wise its very loud ! ... to me anyway .

being it a shorter blade to me the blade looks better lit - not as much patchyness as you get with the blue luke saber , perhaps its the green colour ?

also being so short - the saber feels very free to swing about ... with the 'human sized' sabers of vader and luke are very long , this feels perhaps more sword sized!

I didnt intend to - but when I saw it it just felt so right for a childs sized fx saber! ... Ive ended up telling my 4 year old that this ones him - but its a model and not a toy so he can only play with it when Im around ... i will keep it out his way as much as I can .

Its such a pitty Master replicas never saw the potential of releasing these sabers with luxion LED syle features - sacrificing the ladder effect LEDS and fixed blades. would be so lovely to have these blade detachable from stock.... but - oh well - perhaps something for Hasbro to think about when they have their go.

Offline majorj0nny

• No Force
    • 50klicks.com
Re: my yoda review
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 01:28:31 PM »
oh - for me .... for pure 'usability' and playability this has got to be my favorite between the Luke, vader and this yoda.

retrousse